Treasure Hunter
4466 posts

Re: Sony claims more than 100 Vita games to arrive in 2013

Mar 22, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Not that surprised considering indie devs are jumping on the Vita now and those games always have shorter development cycles.

The part that struck me the most in the article was something you didn't quote:

"Mesa promised that Sony’s “got some [games] in the works that I can’t talk about right now. There are games that [Sony] Worldwide Studios guys are building that are… going to be very interesting and innovative"

Several people like to argue that Sony's first party studios haven't been supporting the platform, so I'm curious to see what they've been working on behind closed doors. God of War? Infamous? Hopefully Warrior's Lair is still a go?

Yea exactly! Sony's first party studios are gonna continue to make good stuff for the Vita. If you look at the PSP games such as God of War, Gran Turismo, MGS Peace Walker, and LBP didn't come out until years after the system was out so im sure the future of the Vita is bright.

Message 11 of 38 (220 Views)
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Mar 22, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Not that surprised considering indie devs are jumping on the Vita now and those games always have shorter development cycles.

The part that struck me the most in the article was something you didn't quote:

"Mesa promised that Sony’s “got some [games] in the works that I can’t talk about right now. There are games that [Sony] Worldwide Studios guys are building that are… going to be very interesting and innovative"

Several people like to argue that Sony's first party studios haven't been supporting the platform, so I'm curious to see what they've been working on behind closed doors. God of War? Infamous? Hopefully Warrior's Lair is still a go?

I was trying to keep from quoting the whole of the article. I'd like to see inFAMOUS for the Vita and Warrior's Lair. But yeah, I've seen the arguments as well that Sony isn't even supporting the Vita when I know that's not true. Smiley Happy However, some people will argue that the sky isn't blue just to be irritating.

Message 12 of 38 (207 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Mercenary09 wrote:

Yea exactly! Sony's first party studios are gonna continue to make good stuff for the Vita. If you look at the PSP games such as God of War, Gran Turismo, MGS Peace Walker, and LBP didn't come out until years after the system was out so im sure the future of the Vita is bright.

While your argument is 100% true, it's actually the whole problem. Yes, the PSP took its sweet time to get AAA games. But that shouldn't be the status to which we expect the PSV to measure to; Sony should've learned enough with the PSP so that the PSV wouldn't have been released in a situation where the good games would come "later on"~.

This, of course, is not strictly Sony's problem. Look at Nintendo and the Wii U. Ports and ports and ports and some AAA titles in the very distant future. That is hardly the image of somebody who learned from their mistakes (meaning, the 3DS launch). But I digress, point is, that the PSP took years to get AAA games shouldn't be an excuse for the PSV. As for the announcement, it depends on how much of that will be quality games. Indie games are fun; but let's not fool ourselves, we all bought the PSV to play games the likes of KZ:M, Uncharted, Gravity Rush and others~.

Quality over quantity, as they say. I just wish there'd be a bit more of first party support; if it's true that all first party studioes are working on the PS4 and its library, I wish the same could've been done about the PSV or, at least, about its future for this year~.

Message 13 of 38 (197 Views)
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Mar 23, 2013

This is great news. We're heading into Q2 of 2013 now and another 100 games, indie or not, would be great.

As for this survey Sony conducted, I wasn't even aware of it.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 14 of 38 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 24, 2013

I would like to see Socom,God Of War,and a Xmen game

Message 15 of 38 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

100 games? Really? lolz

Probably a bunch of small downloadable games.

Raptr Forum Signature

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" - Marilyn Monroe
Message 16 of 38 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Mar 25, 2013

WhorrorPrincess wrote:

100 games? Really? lolz

Probably a bunch of small downloadable games.

So far we know of almost 30 titles that are headed our way. Some are small. Most aren't. But then again it depends on what you consider to be a small game. I have a feeling though that the 100+ games also include several Japanese only releases that we'll never see in the West, like many RPGs.

Message 17 of 38 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Mar 25, 2013
I'd be glad if we got 25 full console quality games rather than 100+ iphone games.

hopefully Sony will start to shed some light on console quality PSV games

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 18 of 38 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re:

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2015

Message 19 of 38 (90 Views)
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Mar 25, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

And I bet 95 of those 100 games are stupid Minis or 5-10 dollar PSN games lol

You'd lose the bet then.

• Soul Sacrifice
  • Killzone Mercenaries
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Ys: Memories of Celcetta
  • Muramasa Rebirth
  • Valhalla Knights 3
  • Dragon's Crown
  • Oddworld: Munch's Odysee
  • Oddworld: New 'n Tasty
  • Rainbow Moon

None of those are minis and one of them are $5-$10 games either. That's just out of the list we know of that's upcoming. Add in what we've already seen like Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, and these aren't simple, cheap Iphone styled app games.

Granted, one man's gem of a game is another man's trash, but still these aren't minis and these aren't small games.

Message 20 of 38 (81 Views)