Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Re: Sony claims more than 100 Vita games to arrive in 2013

Mar 25, 2013

this is the problem with having 3 game systems to develop for - game studios are spread thin making multiple games - and if that game fails, studio shuts down

I wonder if Sony should just pull out of the portable market after the Vita has its run

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 38 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Mar 25, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

Mercenary09 wrote:

Yea exactly! Sony's first party studios are gonna continue to make good stuff for the Vita. If you look at the PSP games such as God of War, Gran Turismo, MGS Peace Walker, and LBP didn't come out until years after the system was out so im sure the future of the Vita is bright.

While your argument is 100% true, it's actually the whole problem. Yes, the PSP took its sweet time to get AAA games. But that shouldn't be the status to which we expect the PSV to measure to; Sony should've learned enough with the PSP so that the PSV wouldn't have been released in a situation where the good games would come "later on"~.

This, of course, is not strictly Sony's problem. Look at Nintendo and the Wii U. Ports and ports and ports and some AAA titles in the very distant future. That is hardly the image of somebody who learned from their mistakes (meaning, the 3DS launch). But I digress, point is, that the PSP took years to get AAA games shouldn't be an excuse for the PSV. As for the announcement, it depends on how much of that will be quality games. Indie games are fun; but let's not fool ourselves, we all bought the PSV to play games the likes of KZ:M, Uncharted, Gravity Rush and others~.

Quality over quantity, as they say. I just wish there'd be a bit more of first party support; if it's true that all first party studioes are working on the PS4 and its library, I wish the same could've been done about the PSV or, at least, about its future for this year~.

well it's nice to hear there are more then 100 vita games coming out this year but I do agree with JuanMdP here , I don't care about numbers I want a real AAA games , and this is my opinion but I would rather to see 7-8 AAA games over 60-70 ports and low quality games as long as these 7-8 AAA games are enough to keep me busy for long time.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 38 (93 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11007 posts

Mar 25, 2013

zack2091 wrote:

well it's nice to hear there are more then 100 vita games coming out this year but I do agree with JuanMdP here , I don't care about numbers I want a real AAA games , and this is my opinion but I would rather to see 7-8 AAA games over 60-70 ports and low quality games as long as these 7-8 AAA games are enough to keep me busy for long time.

As I've said before, one man's trash is another's gem.

Every genre is different and some gamers only like games from one genre. So an FPS fan saying they want 7 solid AAA titles is different than an RPG fan saying the same thing. Likely they'll both start sniping at each other claiming those titles are crudtastic. Unless we end up with a half dozen or so "quality" AAA games in each and every genre, to please each type of fan, in which case we'd need 60 or so AAA games to be announced, odds are we'll get 7 or 8 great games but too many are going to claim there's only 1 AAA title available for the PS Vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 38 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Mar 25, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

As I've said before, one man's trash is another's gem.

Every genre is different and some gamers only like games from one genre. So an FPS fan saying they want 7 solid AAA titles is different than an RPG fan saying the same thing. Likely they'll both start sniping at each other claiming those titles are crudtastic. Unless we end up with a half dozen or so "quality" AAA games in each and every genre, to please each type of fan, in which case we'd need 60 or so AAA games to be announced, odds are we'll get 7 or 8 great games but too many are going to claim there's only 1 AAA title available for the PS Vita.

well agree with you here , although I'm a big JRPG/RPG fan (90% of my time on my ps vita I play RPGs lol) I will still be happy to see these 7-8 great games even if they were not an RPGs over lots of cheap made games, I don't mind trying different game genre from time to time and TBH now I'm waiting for KZ lol , it will be the fourth game that is not an RPG on my vita lol .

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 38 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7389 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

And I bet 95 of those 100 games are stupid Minis or 5-10 dollar PSN games lol

You'd lose the bet then.

• Soul Sacrifice
  • Killzone Mercenaries
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Ys: Memories of Celcetta
  • Muramasa Rebirth
  • Valhalla Knights 3
  • Dragon's Crown
  • Oddworld: Munch's Odysee
  • Oddworld: New 'n Tasty
  • Rainbow Moon

None of those are minis and one of them are $5-$10 games either. That's just out of the list we know of that's upcoming. Add in what we've already seen like Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, and these aren't simple, cheap Iphone styled app games.

Granted, one man's gem of a game is another man's trash, but still these aren't minis and these aren't small games.

No offense but 3 of those games are glorified PS2 Classics (FFX , FFX-2 and Munch). The only 3 Listed here that look good (To me anyway) are Soul Sacrifice , Killzone , and that Oddworld remake and those last 2 I listed aren't coming out to almost the end of 2013.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 38 (64 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Mar 26, 2013

It might sound nice that more than 100 PS Vita games are coming down the pipes but what matters more is are they the high quality home console games on the go what Sony promised us when they launched the PS Vita?

I do agree in the wake of GDC that things are definitely looking brighter for the PS Vita and without the time to sit down to the PS3 my PS Vita has truly become more of my mainstay and it's good to see more support even if it is from Indie Studios although I am more concerned with first party and third party support.Spelunky is cool but it's games like Dragon Fantasy Book II which looks awful and so old school that's the reality of it is pathetic and it makes me angry. Why can't we have games like Journey on the PS Vita?

What makes me REALLY upset is I laid down about $250 for what the NEXT GENERATION PORTABLE that Sony boasted would bring HOME CONSOLE QUALITY GAMING to the palms of our hands and instead we keep seeing a bevvy of games that look like flash based sidescrollers that we can play on nitrame.com or miniclip.com and to me that is so lame and insulting that it's disgusting. We should see more games like Persona4Golden, Mind 0, Soul Sacrifice and Assassin's Creed on the PS Vita and not lame duck Android phone and iPhone style games on the PS Vita what is supposed to be the NEXT GENERATION PORTABLE which is getting it's brick kicked by the Nintendo 3DS with awesome open world 3D games like Monster Hunter and Luigi's Mansion.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 38 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
30 posts

Mar 26, 2013
I'm sure E3 will bring news of new Vita projects.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 38 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Mar 26, 2013
All talk,, we have seen and heard this before. Only time will tell. Until then...eh
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 38 (54 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11007 posts

Mar 26, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

No offense but 3 of those games are glorified PS2 Classics (FFX , FFX-2 and Munch). The only 3 Listed here that look good (To me anyway) are Soul Sacrifice , Killzone , and that Oddworld remake and those last 2 I listed aren't coming out to almost the end of 2013.

Doesn't mean a thing, whether you like the offerings or not. There are more than 5 games coming that are definitely more than simply "minis" or $5 - $10 cheap PSN games that you claim.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 38 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Mar 26, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

Doesn't mean a thing, whether you like the offerings or not. There are more than 5 games coming that are definitely more than simply "minis" or $5 - $10 cheap PSN games that you claim.

How does it not mean a thing exactly? People aren't paying $250 for a Vita (Which is more than a PS3) for stupid PSN games or Remakes of the same games they want real full fledged games for that kinda money.  Not to mention every new Vita game is $39.99 so they better be giving you a quality game and not some stupid HD remake of a PS2 Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 38 (38 Views)