Jul 09 2013
By: Detox_88 First Son 2 posts

Sony has not posted instructions for hard drive upgrade the 4001-B series ps3

13 replies 302 views Edited Jul 9, 2013

I have the super slim model ps3 which is the 4001-B series ps3 which is the super slim. I does not make any sense that sony did not upload any instructions on how to upgrade the hard drive for this specific model,which i happent to have. I am pretty disappointed in sony, I called tech support and they told me to check on youtube to find out,as a sony customer i should not have to navigate to other sources to find out how to remove the hard drive for my model. This is there product and they should fully support it by having instructions for my model for upgrading my hard drive.

Message 1 of 14 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Re: Sony has not posted instructions for hard drive upgrade the 4001-B series ps3

Jul 9, 2013

Detox_88 wrote:

I have the super slim model ps3 which is the 4001-B series ps3 which is the super slim. I does not make any sense that sony did not upload any instructions on how to upgrade the hard drive for this specific model,which i happent to have. I am pretty disappointed in sony, I called tech support and they told me to check on youtube to find out,as a sony customer i should not have to navigate to other sources to find out how to remove the hard drive for my model. This is there product and they should fully support it by having instructions for my model for upgrading my hard drive.

What does that even mean?

Did you even look before you posted? No, you did not. You shouldn't have a problem with using other sources and guess how I know you did not look. An official guide happens to exist right here (Link). It wasn't hard, it was one of the many links returned to me from a simple Bing search (Link). Why does everything need to be handed to you on a silver platter when it is just an internet search away?

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 2 of 14 (287 Views)
VP of Gaming
28972 posts

Re: Sony has not posted instructions for hard drive upgrade the 4001-B series ps3

Jul 9, 2013

I know I shouldn't even bother asking this, but there's no manual?

Message 3 of 14 (284 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Jul 9, 2013
You're right, but there's no need to be lazy. It's likely a specific person you talked to; there's no way every tech in the company doesn't know. Honestly I think people are spoon fed too much on electronics anyway. Doing a google search only takes a few minutes out of one's day and helps problem solving skills.

I second the manual thing.
Message 4 of 14 (279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 9, 2013

first of all, i dont expect anything to be handed down on a silver platter, secondly, that link you have was not on the sony website, if you are going to post stuff on my topic,be polite, you dont know me and who i am, and i dont expect a handout from any one

Message 5 of 14 (256 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6102 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Doesnt the side just pop off and you unscrew it and pull it out?
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 6 of 14 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Jul 9, 2013
I will have to look at some HD photos and see if there is any specific lines around the sides and back to see where the hard drive would be. Maybe its on the bottom but there isn't any pictures I have seen yet of the bottom of the unit.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 7 of 14 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

Detox_88 wrote:

first of all, i dont expect anything to be handed down on a silver platter, secondly, that link you have was not on the sony website, if you are going to post stuff on my topic,be polite, you dont know me and who i am, and i dont expect a handout from any one

Really now? Seriously?

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7776/~/changing-or-upgrading-the-ps3-super-slim-hard-disk-drive-(hdd)

Message 8 of 14 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6532 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

Detox_88 wrote:

What's sad is that you needed instructions all.  Then what's even more sad than that is that you wanted instructions from an 'official' source as if everyone else that was able to figure it out their own were doing it wrong.

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 9 of 14 (168 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jul 9, 2013

ThePunisher wrote:

What's sad is that you needed instructions all.  Then what's even more sad than that is that you wanted instructions from an 'official' source as if everyone else that was able to figure it out their own were doing it wrong.

No, the only way people learn to do things is by seeking out the information.  You weren't born knowing how to talk, let alone type - you had to learn.  That fact that you forgot that?  That is sad.

As for the OP, people here tried to help you, and you threw it in their face.  That's no way to show gratitude.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 10 of 14 (154 Views)
0 Likes