Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Re: Sony, how about listening to what Vita owners and fans really want?

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2014

@Singlass 

1. No it's not, having some teams work on ps4 and some teams work on vita like they did with psp is a better business decision. Also it's their own fault vita is in it's current situation, with absolutely no advertisement of the system or the games they did made aside from the initial "console quality" fiasco years ago. So saying it's a better decesion now while ignoring the fact that the decesion not to support it is what got them here is quite ignorant. 

2. A port of an old game nobody asked for by a third party and would have to be watered down to even be playable on the system is not first party support... And why would third parties make that risk when Sony is saying AAA games can't be profitable. Sony PR is putting vita in an even worse position and it was up to Sony to make (and ADVERTISE) their AAA games, they made a handful but they didn't advertise them and the timing was horrible and lead them to be overshadowed by console counterparts in alot of cases compounded by the "console quality" thing leading to direct comparisons of said games. 

3. All the more reason to support it and not annouce that games can't be profitable unless they are indie and that they aren't going to support it anymore. Even lieing about it would be better. 

4. What about the last 2 years when they didn't make or advertise games? I think Sony is just plain stupid on this one. 

Message 11 of 23 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jun 22, 2014

It is truth they have to give more advert to indies and existing/oncoming games. For example, at E3, instead of showing of useless TV shows, they may have given some times to present the best indie games and the oncoming games on PS VITA. More presentation always to remember what exist on PSVITA.  Apps, old games and new and future games. They can emphasize the PS +, showing what games have been given so far and remember to people that it is not even necessary to own the proper system to buy them. There are so many things that Sony can do and they are doing it the wrong way.

3 main things are wrong with the vita:  memory card price, lack of new/old games, advertisements. 

It is a shame, unpaid hackers are able to allow full compatibility with PSX/PSP  on the PSP. They even give to the game a filter allowing to enhance the graphics while Sony is struggling in doing that.  It is like they don't want it to happen. 

Oh and that memory card. get rid of it or at least SONY should give a vita with at least 16gb of integrated memory and permanent ban/brick for those who install custom firmwares. Simple and powerful.

This also allow to create more interesting bundle with no external memory card but an integrated card  (cheaper and faster) with more size. If necessary the player will buy an external one. 

The PSVITA (2 years, dec 2012) is not a failure yet, Same number of sales with the PS4 (9 month) but people are desesperate and want so much more. A GTA ...old (San Andreas) and new (San Andreas Stories maybe) ,  A Resident evil old compilation 1,2,3,4 might be nice  for newcomers or even new IP. RE 4 would be perfect with the touchscreen.

Message 12 of 23 (166 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Jun 23, 2014
PS vita is pretty alive for me since there's a lot of waifu games to be released from japan. Main thing I owned a vita lol
Message 13 of 23 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1029 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2014

den_rick wrote:
The PSVITA (2 years, dec 2012) is not a failure yet, Same number of sales with the PS4 (9 month) but people are desesperate and want so much more. A GTA ...old (San Andreas) and new (San Andreas Stories maybe) ,  A Resident evil old compilation 1,2,3,4 might be nice  for newcomers or even new IP. RE 4 would be perfect with the touchscreen.

...I think this, right here, is telling of why SCEA doesn't seem to like the Vita.

People want third parties they can't force without money they don't have to make games for the system, and people won't buy the system without them. Yep, with that kind of community, I'd want out of the handheld market too.

Message 14 of 23 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3069 posts

Jun 23, 2014

Sony should just exit the portable gaming market after the Vita. Other than 3DS which is insanely popular, portable gaming is mostly done on smart phones that have just small games that you can play for a few minutes if say you're riding the bus or train. AAA  quality games just don't fit in the handheld/portable market.

Message 15 of 23 (142 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1029 posts

Jun 23, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

Sony should just exit the portable gaming market after the Vita. Other than 3DS which is insanely popular, portable gaming is mostly done on smart phones that have just small games that you can play for a few minutes if say you're riding the bus or train. AAA  quality games just don't fit in the handheld/portable market.

This, sort of. You could manage it in the tablet market, if you knew what you were doing. Other than that, yeah, pretty much.

Message 16 of 23 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 23, 2014

An indie title IS a full game. 

Jesus, what is wrong with you kids thinking that the word "indie" is a bad word? 

The difference between a Triple-A game and an indie game is that one has a publisher and the other does not. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 17 of 23 (126 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2156 posts

Jun 23, 2014

den_rick wrote:

It is a shame, unpaid hackers are able to allow full compatibility with PSX/PSP  on the PSP. They even give to the game a filter allowing to enhance the graphics while Sony is struggling in doing that.  It is like they don't want it to happen. 

Oh and that memory card. get rid of it or at least SONY should give a vita with at least 16gb of integrated memory and permanent ban/brick for those who install custom firmwares. Simple and powerful.

This also allow to create more interesting bundle with no external memory card but an integrated card  (cheaper and faster) with more size. If necessary the player will buy an external one. 

At this point hacking the vita is the only thing that would make people actually want to buy the system.... atleast then some pretty powerful emulators can be played on it like N64, maybe the DS and some other things that the psp wasnt capable of doing Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 23 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2156 posts

Jun 23, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

The only reason the 3DS is popular is because Nintendo puts a ton of first party support into it with big name games like pokemon, super smash brothers, mario, donkey kong, zelda etc.... of course I bought a 3DS solely so I can play the pokemon games but  I hate the system itself because the 3d hurts my eyes, its not comfortable to hold and the screen is wobbly.

Anyway the only big name first party games that I can think of  being released for vita are Uncharted, Killzone and I guess little big planet.... resistance doesn't count cause it sucked and nobody is going to buy the console solely for games like gravity rush and tearaway

Message 19 of 23 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jun 23, 2014

But well. As i insist about it,  the next PSVITA have to come with 16/32gb integrated memory since it is not the main reason of piracy. SONY know that memory cost is one of the main reasons of PSVITA faillure. So why not? If you check the comments on e-shop like amazon or even forums. It is one the main critics. This and off course games. 

You can't buy a vita + msg hd and then have to buy a memory card with 32gb at $90. It is a joke.

If it is difficult to lower the prices. Sony can build a vita with 32 integrated mem. and let people buy expensive memory card if they want more memory.

Games problem will be solved next.

At least they can port at low cost the remaining best games of PS2 (GTA SA,  Gran Turismo, Original Most Wanted, Burnout, Mortal Kombat, Kingdom Hearts, ...).  

Message 20 of 23 (82 Views)
0 Likes