Fender Bender
4158 posts

Re: Sony is listening, Vita Memory Card prices are beginning to drop

Dec 28, 2012
I'm so **bleep** that I bought a 16GB at Best buy Monday. I'm too lazy to return it.
Message 11 of 63 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1700 posts

Dec 28, 2012

xClayMeow wrote:

Salesmunn wrote:

• PlayStation Vita 4GB Memory Card for $11.99 (regular $19.99)
  • PlayStation Vita 8GB Memory Card for $17.99 (regular $29.99)
  • PlayStation Vita 16GB Memory Card for $35.99 (regular $59.99)
  • PlayStation Vita 32GB Memory Card for $59.99 (regular $99.99)

Damnit, I bought a 16GB card during the Thanksgiving Sale for $47.99....haven't even used it yet, should have waited!

If you didn't open it, why not return it?

Message 12 of 63 (396 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know how they could afford to keep memory prices that high with how the Vita is selling. I bought an 8 gig when I got my Vita and I don't plan on buying another one until they drastically reduce the prices. I'll keep deleting and redownloading stuff if I have to. Charging 60 bucks for a 16 gig propietary card when a 32 gig micro sd card is like 25 bucks or less is an insult. 

Message 13 of 63 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Dec 28, 2012

alexbhood wrote:

I don't know how they could afford to keep memory prices that high with how the Vita is selling. I bought an 8 gig when I got my Vita and I don't plan on buying another one until they drastically reduce the prices. I'll keep deleting and redownloading stuff if I have to. Charging 60 bucks for a 16 gig propietary card when a 32 gig micro sd card is like 25 bucks or less is an insult

no its not a insult . LOL, A  new product is always going have high price on debut. unless theyre cutting corners with it to pulling more sales..( xbox360 anyone)

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 14 of 63 (376 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Dec 28, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

I don't know how they could afford to keep memory prices that high with how the Vita is selling. I bought an 8 gig when I got my Vita and I don't plan on buying another one until they drastically reduce the prices. I'll keep deleting and redownloading stuff if I have to. Charging 60 bucks for a 16 gig propietary card when a 32 gig micro sd card is like 25 bucks or less is an insult

no its not a insult . LOL, A  new product is always going have high price on debut. unless theyre cutting corners with it to pulling more sales..( xbox360 anyone)

Except it is NOT a new product...

Message 15 of 63 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2012

FT-Light wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

Except it is NOT a new product...

well in  the common era, No its not, i understand that point of  view and your  correct  memeory cards a a dime a dozen,  but  for them and  the ps vita yes its  newly made product(my  point  ) not dis agreeeing with yours just pointing out mines) , when new techs comes out it will be expensive the majority of the time and they will  price it  to the mrket  of the value of it i suppose.. Im  not sure how pricing work anymore the market has changed for tech nows..  but i do know for  sure with time they go down  in  price. lol.

i think  it top of line the memory cards, "the brand making them".   It wont come cheap  if its making   a new thing for something. top of  the  line charge top dollar. In order to get their money back through a deal, the  product using is  going to have charge top dollar as well. Agianthe market has changed in the last  few years  for techs , i do know alot tech  that better that is cheaper today. So i understand what your saying btw

Mcbuttz78

Message 16 of 63 (365 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 28, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

Yes, it is. Why do you think it takes Sony's own brand of proprietary memory cards instead of SD or Micro SD? It's so they can charge way more for the memory cards with no competition so that people will be forced to pay way insane amounts of money if they want memory for their Vita. They wanted people to have no other choices than to buy their overpriced memory cards.  How is that not a giant middle finger to the customers?

Message 17 of 63 (363 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Dec 28, 2012

alexbhood wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

Yes, it is. Why do you think it takes Sony's own brand of proprietary memory cards instead of SD or Micro SD? It's so they can charge way more for the memory cards with no competition so that people will be forced to pay way insane amounts of money if they want memory for their Vita. They wanted people to have no other choices than to buy their overpriced memory cards.  How is that not a giant middle finger to the customers?

Well  all i can say is ."not being rude"  In  buisness you have to have  competitve pricing also protection of the product neitheir is cheap. No one going to protect your product or price it in a competitve  nature unless  you do it your self.. In buisness  you  start as  one and hopefully you leave with many buisness ventures.. You cant  expect  to have the same pricing as  joe bloe, while it would nice for thm sell it or 5$ no matter  how much  storage it has.. You cant do that evry thing has  market value, and if you do  you  will lose money becuase of cost to make and protction, travel , etc.

Folks need to understand theyre not  selling it across the street, it going world wide..  The   world is not small place, but  its a expensive place.. and it takes money to travel  with protection of the product to the consumer. In house is the best way to go, it saves cost, its not greedy, its smart buisness in the long haul,  when do you  in house you can control debts betters,  every buisness aims to achieve 90-100% in house.

In small if you owned a pizza palor  would want to  use  the guy down the streets pizza sauce to  and menu  style and uniform  colors and pricing or would make your own way  and  charge what  you feel your product is worth in a competitive market way.. If they feel it better they charge more..   No one is in buisnees to heart warm the masses, but compassion does make a profit , this why have sales and disocunt on products. Smiley Happy

Mcbuttz78

Message 18 of 63 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 28, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

Well  all i can say is ."not being rude"  In  buisness you have to have  competitve pricing also protection of the product neitheir is cheap. No one going to protect your product or price it in a competitve  nature unless  you do it your self.. In buisness  you  start as  one and hopefully you leave with many buisness ventures.. You cant  expect  to have the same pricing as  joe bloe, while it would nice for thm sell it or 5$ no matter  how much  storage it has.. You cant do that evry thing has  market value, and if you do  you  will lose money becuase of cost to make and protction, travel , etc.

Folks need to understand theyre not  selling it across the street, it going world wide..  The   world is not small place, but  its a expensive place.. and it takes money to travel  with protection of the product to the consumer. In house is the best way to go, it saves cost, its not greedy, its smart buisness in the long haul,  when do you  in house you can control debts betters,  every buisness aims to achieve 90-100% in house.

In small if you owned a pizza palor  would want to  use  the guy down the streets pizza sauce to  and menu  style and uniform  colors and pricing or would make your own way  and  charge what  you feel your product is worth in a competitive market way.. If they feel it better they charge more..   No one is in buisnees to heart warm the masses, but compassion does make a profit , this why have sales and disocunt on products. Smiley Happy

But that's a very fine line. There's a difference between "competitive pricing" and "f*** you consumer". The 3DS takes SD cards. All the main game consoles support 3rd party expandable memory. Almost every smartphone (with the sole exception of Apple's, of course) takes micro SD cards. And I wouldn't call having a small sale on something that's insanely overpriced so that it's only slightly less insanely overpriced, "compassion". But you know what, Sony probably knows what they're doing since the Vita is selling so well. Oh wait, it's being outsold at an astonishing rate by not only 7 year consoles, but EVERY major console. The 3DS outsold it 47-1 in November. I love my Vita but Sony needs to realize they are gonna have to price drop everything about it to gain any traction. It's a money pit. 

Message 19 of 63 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Does anyone know if they will get more in stock? I want one of these for that price. Smiley Sad 

Message 20 of 63 (348 Views)
0 Likes