Gaming Beast
1913 posts

Re: Sony is listening, Vita Memory Card prices are beginning to drop

Dec 28, 2012

Salesmunn wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

Salesmunn wrote:

• PlayStation Vita 4GB Memory Card for $11.99 (regular $19.99)
  • PlayStation Vita 8GB Memory Card for $17.99 (regular $29.99)
  • PlayStation Vita 16GB Memory Card for $35.99 (regular $59.99)
  • PlayStation Vita 32GB Memory Card for $59.99 (regular $99.99)

Damnit, I bought a 16GB card during the Thanksgiving Sale for $47.99....haven't even used it yet, should have waited!

If you didn't open it, why not return it?

I thought about it, but it's a 30-day return policy, which means I'd have to mail it by tomorrow and right now they're out of stock AND not showing the price you've listed. So I'll just bite the cost, begrudgingly.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 63 (372 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 28, 2012
MicroSD cards can get just as pricey as Vita's memory cards....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/SanDisk+-+Ultra+32GB+microSDHC+Class+10+Memory+Card/3695074.p;jsessionid...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+High+Speed+32GB+microSDHC+Class+10+Memory+Card/5594652.p?id=12...

The key difference is that there are many manufacturers making these cards, so there can be price competition. With the Vita's memory cards, that isn't possible as of yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 63 (356 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Dec 29, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

I don't know how they could afford to keep memory prices that high with how the Vita is selling. I bought an 8 gig when I got my Vita and I don't plan on buying another one until they drastically reduce the prices. I'll keep deleting and redownloading stuff if I have to. Charging 60 bucks for a 16 gig propietary card when a 32 gig micro sd card is like 25 bucks or less is an insult

no its not a insult . LOL, A  new product is always going have high price on debut. unless theyre cutting corners with it to pulling more sales..( xbox360 anyone)

Yes, it is. Why do you think it takes Sony's own brand of proprietary memory cards instead of SD or Micro SD? It's so they can charge way more for the memory cards with no competition so that people will be forced to pay way insane amounts of money if they want memory for their Vita. They wanted people to have no other choices than to buy their overpriced memory cards.  How is that not a giant middle finger to the customers?

Well  all i can say is ."not being rude"  In  buisness you have to have  competitve pricing also protection of the product neitheir is cheap. No one going to protect your product or price it in a competitve  nature unless  you do it your self.. In buisness  you  start as  one and hopefully you leave with many buisness ventures.. You cant  expect  to have the same pricing as  joe bloe, while it would nice for thm sell it or 5$ no matter  how much  storage it has.. You cant do that evry thing has  market value, and if you do  you  will lose money becuase of cost to make and protction, travel , etc.

Folks need to understand theyre not  selling it across the street, it going world wide..  The   world is not small place, but  its a expensive place.. and it takes money to travel  with protection of the product to the consumer. In house is the best way to go, it saves cost, its not greedy, its smart buisness in the long haul,  when do you  in house you can control debts betters,  every buisness aims to achieve 90-100% in house.

In small if you owned a pizza palor  would want to  use  the guy down the streets pizza sauce to  and menu  style and uniform  colors and pricing or would make your own way  and  charge what  you feel your product is worth in a competitive market way.. If they feel it better they charge more..   No one is in buisnees to heart warm the masses, but compassion does make a profit , this why have sales and disocunt on products. :smileyhappy:

Listen, we all know Sony is the biggest penny pinching company in the world and we all put up witth it, to try and justify it though is a joke and you know it. Sony could have sold their 32 for $35-40 and still made a solid 800% profit on them, instead they sell them for $100 and we have no other choice. Its like a big "f*ck you" to all of us.What Sony could have(and in my opinion should have) done is give the 4 free with the system and have 32 the only other size available for $40-50. Ther still would have been at a solid 800-1000% profit margin.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 63 (345 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6345 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2012

FT-Light wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

I don't know how they could afford to keep memory prices that high with how the Vita is selling. I bought an 8 gig when I got my Vita and I don't plan on buying another one until they drastically reduce the prices. I'll keep deleting and redownloading stuff if I have to. Charging 60 bucks for a 16 gig propietary card when a 32 gig micro sd card is like 25 bucks or less is an insult

no its not a insult . LOL, A  new product is always going have high price on debut. unless theyre cutting corners with it to pulling more sales..( xbox360 anyone)

Yes, it is. Why do you think it takes Sony's own brand of proprietary memory cards instead of SD or Micro SD? It's so they can charge way more for the memory cards with no competition so that people will be forced to pay way insane amounts of money if they want memory for their Vita. They wanted people to have no other choices than to buy their overpriced memory cards.  How is that not a giant middle finger to the customers?

Well  all i can say is ."not being rude"  In  buisness you have to have  competitve pricing also protection of the product neitheir is cheap. No one going to protect your product or price it in a competitve  nature unless  you do it your self.. In buisness  you  start as  one and hopefully you leave with many buisness ventures.. You cant  expect  to have the same pricing as  joe bloe, while it would nice for thm sell it or 5$ no matter  how much  storage it has.. You cant do that evry thing has  market value, and if you do  you  will lose money becuase of cost to make and protction, travel , etc.

Folks need to understand theyre not  selling it across the street, it going world wide..  The   world is not small place, but  its a expensive place.. and it takes money to travel  with protection of the product to the consumer. In house is the best way to go, it saves cost, its not greedy, its smart buisness in the long haul,  when do you  in house you can control debts betters,  every buisness aims to achieve 90-100% in house.

In small if you owned a pizza palor  would want to  use  the guy down the streets pizza sauce to  and menu  style and uniform  colors and pricing or would make your own way  and  charge what  you feel your product is worth in a competitive market way.. If they feel it better they charge more..   No one is in buisnees to heart warm the masses, but compassion does make a profit , this why have sales and disocunt on products. :smileyhappy:

Listen, we all know Sony is the biggest penny pinching company in the world and we all put up witth it, to try and justify it though is a joke and you know it. Sony could have sold their 32 for $35-40 and still made a solid 800% profit on them, instead they sell them for $100 and we have no other choice. Its like a big "f*ck you" to all of us.What Sony could have(and in my opinion should have) done is give the 4 free with the system and have 32 the only other size available for $40-50. Ther still would have been at a solid 800-1000% profit margin.

Im not justify'n anything ok , i  just gave my view to him on how some of the buisness work they do.   I tell you what" not being rude" get in buisness   create a product and  say you want to sell it for 15$ when joe blow is selling it 25$- 84$. Your marketing  team or export production team  will be up your nose with  complaints of cost and how they are  losing money every  (item)one made.. They will state  simple and plain." if the  product is just as  good as theirs  why not price it the same'?. is it not  a new better product?/ why sell for less, it cost us money. How will you explain that? This is your money at the end of the day.

A heart warming the masses speech of "we care"  is good pr for the public . But with   a start a new product is the  worst time for  that  speech  becuase your 1st-3rd  revenue statements is  make  or break of that product. Money has to  be coming by the boats , trucks,  planes, and gucci bags if you will.

I understand sony financial climate is not very good today and they are cutting  thing off or out of there regular  style  or plans. Im not agreeing  the price is  right nd fair to all. Im  saying they're in same  buisness way as the rest of  compitetion.. .In house is  the best way to go when  you have every thing you need to do so.. Its a bit silly to  be paying some  to  the work you could your self..  

I dont think that is justify'n their actions, Im just opinating explaining their  action.   Same  as for a mcdonalds   they have certian patty's like the big mac you cant get that  wendy's or  burger king.   Their price maybe  little lower or  same w/e but , if mcdonalds say it competitve priced and  the quality better then the others  then  thats their call . No one has to agree, yes it  could be  cheaper.

Also your not dealing with your self when you do pricing of a product.  your dealing with alot people and companies ..   Its more snake in the grass than you have  iron picks  to rake the yard in that  area. :smileyhappy:.. These thing conflict pricing.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 63 (307 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2387 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

I hope they make 64GB or larger memory cards for the PS Vita soon.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
1,300+ followers | 100+ subscribers
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 63 (302 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Dec 29, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

FT-Light wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

Im not justify'n anything ok , i  just gave my view to him on how some of the buisness work they do.   I tell you what" not being rude" get in buisness   create a product and  say you want to sell it for 15$ when joe blow is selling it 25$- 84$. Your marketing  team or export production team  will be up your nose with  complaints of cost and how they are  losing money every  (item)one made.. They will state  simple and plain." if the  product is just as  good as theirs  why not price it the same'?. is it not  a new better product?/ why sell for less, it cost us money. How will you explain that? This is your money at the end of the day.

A heart warming the masses speech of "we care"  is good pr for the public . But with   a start a new product is the  worst time for  that  speech  becuase your 1st-3rd  revenue statements is  make  or break of that product. Money has to  be coming by the boats , trucks,  planes, and gucci bags if you will.

I understand sony financial climate is not very good today and they are cutting  thing off or out of there regular  style  or plans. Im not agreeing  the price is  right nd fair to all. Im  saying they're in same  buisness way as the rest of  compitetion.. .In house is  the best way to go when  you have every thing you need to do so.. Its a bit silly to  be paying some  to  the work you could your self..  

I dont think that is justify'n their actions, Im just opinating explaining their  action.   Same  as for a mcdonalds   they have certian patty's like the big mac you cant get that  wendy's or  burger king.   Their price maybe  little lower or  same w/e but , if mcdonalds say it competitve priced and  the quality better then the others  then  thats their call . No one has to agree, yes it  could be  cheaper.

Also your not dealing with your self when you do pricing of a product.  your dealing with alot people and companies ..   Its more snake in the grass than you have  iron picks  to rake the yard in that  area. :smileyhappy:.. These thing conflict pricing.

But how is in-house the way to go if it's not working? You're trying to explain it as a smart business decision even though it doesn't seem "nice" but the simple fact is that it's not. How is it a good business move when Sony is the only one forcing people to use proprietary memory  in gaming and they're last in sales? Sure I want them to allow competition to drive prices down by using some kind of third party memory because it's cheaper for me, but THEY should do it because nobody is buying their money pit of a handheld. 

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 63 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Too late. Their handheld is already a relative flop.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 63 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Dec 30, 2012

SnWnMe wrote:

And you are coming on to a vita forum just to say that? Just to tell you the handheld is not going to die, with all the great games coming out next year, there is no way it can happen.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 63 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

TMAZT3R wrote:

SnWnMe wrote:

And you are coming on to a vita forum just to say that? Just to tell you the handheld is not going to die, with all the great games coming out next year, there is no way it can happen.

Is that what what you figured from my 300 posts and 09 join date ? FYI, you can search for a thread I started here showing that I got a US Vita before the official US launch date. I drank the Kool Aid long before you did. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/Here-it-is-the-Playstation-Vita/m-p/37095890...

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 63 (252 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4415 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

TMAZT3R wrote:

SnWnMe wrote:

SnWnMe... we are part of the minority here that love our Vita's, there is very few of us left. Trying to convince the people otherwise here who hate the vita, think it's failing, has no games that appeal to them, or don't own a Vita at all are the majority now in this forum is a worthless endeaver, I've tried.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/I-am-concerned-for-the-vita/m-p/39173095#U39...

No matter what good news comes out for the Vita like this Vita card price drop or heck, no one has seen what is in store for reveals at E3 yet most people here are doom and glom no matter what, you just can't make anyone happy anymore.

It's like the first year of the PS3 all over again - the first year in this forum for a Playstation device has repeated itself. It's best to friend as many people here in your friends list that Enjoy the Playstation hardware and just eject from this forum for a year or two. It's my new year's resolution, I think I'll only come on to update my PSOne Classics list as many has thanked me via PM for it. 

Congrats do go to those who waited to get the 32gb card though, this price cut (temporary or not) is definately great!

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 63 (221 Views)
0 Likes