May 05 2013
By: Warghostmon First Son 1 posts

Sony needs to See This Video.

9 replies 302 views Edited May 5, 2013

Dear Sony,

I love your systems...I want you to blow out of the water..But in order to make you Truely as great as your PS2 days Your Have To get YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/partners/game-overthinker/game-overthinker-overbytes-playstation-4

This Isn't my video but the last 5 or so min Sums up what I think.If you see This:

Thank for your time little free time and please give it consideration.

Message 1 of 10 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Sony needs to See This Video.

May 5, 2013

embed the video.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 10 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

May 6, 2013

Spoiler Alert: Guy moans about Backwards Compatibility for five minutes.

Skip this one.

Message 3 of 10 (289 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 6, 2013

Nice, saved me some trouble.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 4 of 10 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

May 6, 2013
What's more ridiculous is he actually proposed that the PS4 should include ALL the chips (CPU, GPU, RAM, Northbridge, etc.) in the PS1, PS2 and PS3 not only for Backward Compatibility but for "ease of development" as well, proposing that Devs should use all chips to create PS4 games.

Wow, I'd sure love to harness the power of the 34MHz RISC CPU, that way I could... uh... Well, what could a chip slower than a PDA from the year 2000 can do again?
Message 5 of 10 (276 Views)
Fender Bender
3310 posts

May 6, 2013

PS3 compatibility would not only be difficult, but expensive because of the Cell Processor. Earlier PS3 models had the PS2's Emotion Engine, which raised costs to $499-599. As far as I know, PS1 compatibility wasn't much of an issue even when Sony made the PS2 because the PS1 was much easier to program for.

I do think that PS2 compatibility on the PS4 shouldn't be difficult because it's as old as dirt now.

Twitter: @XenokingX
Message 6 of 10 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 6, 2013

kingbro1 wrote:

PS3 compatibility would not only be difficult, but expensive because of the Cell Processor. Earlier PS3 models had the PS2's Emotion Engine, which raised costs to $499-599. As far as I know, PS1 compatibility wasn't much of an issue even when Sony made the PS2 because the PS1 was much easier to program for.

I do think that PS2 compatibility on the PS4 shouldn't be difficult because it's as old as dirt now.

Actually, it wasn't the PS2 hardware that made the PS3 that expensive, it was the Blu-ray and the Cell processor that made it that expensive I think.

-----------------------------------------

Anyways, to answer the OP,I look forward to the PS4 and I know the general opinion here about backwards compatibility but I am disappointed that the PS4 is not backwards compatible. It's my only complaint about the PS4…No one should waste their time arguing with mw about it because this is my opinion so don’t bother…

Message 7 of 10 (216 Views)
Fender Bender
3310 posts

May 6, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

kingbro1 wrote:

Actually, it wasn't the PS2 hardware that made the PS3 that expensive, it was the Blu-ray and the Cell processor that made it that expensive I think.

Anyways, to answer the OP,I look forward to the PS4 and I know the general opinion here about backwards compatibility but I am disappointed that the PS4 is not backwards compatible. It's my only complaint about the PS4…No one should waste their time arguing with mw about it because this is my opinion so don’t bother…

It still contributed, though. Sony had to remove the Emotion Engine in later models for that reason.

Also, as much as I want backwards compatibility, my house still has room for some more consoles (when I got my PS3, I didn't have a problem fitting it in with my PS2 and my Gamecube).

Message 8 of 10 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 6, 2013

kingbro1 wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

kingbro1 wrote:

It still contributed, though. Sony had to remove the Emotion Engine in later models for that reason.

Also, as much as I want backwards compatibility, my house still has room for some more consoles (when I got my PS3, I didn't have a problem fitting it in with my PS2 and my Gamecube).

Space is not the issue for me though, rather the issue is when my PS3 dies eventually I won't be able to play  PS3 games anymore unless I buy a new console. I don't want to keep buying new PS3's. Gaikai could be a good solution but I need to see how it works.

Message 9 of 10 (196 Views)
Fender Bender
3310 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

kingbro1 wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

kingbro1 wrote:

Space is not the issue for me though, rather the issue is when my PS3 dies eventually I won't be able to play  PS3 games anymore unless I buy a new console. I don't want to keep buying new PS3's. Gaikai could be a good solution but I need to see how it works.

Oh yeah, there's that. I got my 40 GB PS3 around Christmas 2007, and it got YLOD on July or August 2010. Bought my Slim a month later and I have had it for approximately the same amount of time. I'll see what happens to it before I consider console deaths a problem.

As for Gaikai, I'll consider using that if it's a subscription service. I don't want to pay for individual games that I can't have forever.

Message 10 of 10 (187 Views)