Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 30 2013
By: Baggio1000000 Monster Hunter 38 posts

Sony needs to make gamer ID's and stats across all games for the PS4. Quitters/jerks need not apply

5 replies 98 views Edited Apr 30, 2013

I have played alot of games online, most recently MLB 13. There is an overabundance of quitters/disconnects. If you get up by a few runs, they quit. This happens with alot of games. Quitting is only one issue. I would rather not  play or talk online with people who scream/curse too much/rude/ect. 

What I would love to see implemented would be a system where your ID is attatched to all games you play. It will keep track of your quits/disconnects, and show you how good i.e fun they are to play on a scale of 100.  If you see someone with a 90+ rating, you know you will have a good online experience. When joining a group, the leader has the ability to see disconnects/quits and their fun score for EVERY GAME, not just the game being played. This would prevent or sigfinicantly lower people being jerks online. 

People have become attatched to their Playstation IDs. They will likely carry over to the PS4. Start everone with a clean slate, and have people rate the players after a game. Any game. Golf, COD, Assasin's Creed, whatever. If a guy plays like an idiot or quits, that how they are rated. It might take a minute or so, but it will pay off when you are only playing good people online. 

I for one am sick of repeatedly playing poor sports. Does anything agree with this?

Message 1 of 6 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Re: Sony needs to make gamer ID's and stats across all games for the PS4. Quitters/jerks need not ap

May 2, 2013

No one agrees? ouch!

Message 2 of 6 (73 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16551 posts

Re: Sony needs to make gamer ID's and stats across all games for the PS4. Quitters/jerks need not ap

May 2, 2013

MMmmmm, I understand the concept, and agree with the theory, but also realize it will never happen for a myriad of reasons.

Message 3 of 6 (66 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8465 posts

May 2, 2013

Baggio1000000 wrote:

No one agrees? ouch!

Problem is, if you implement such a system, people are going to rate players that kick their arse with negative marks, basically making such a system completely useless.

Message 4 of 6 (65 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16551 posts

May 2, 2013

Oh its a rating system? absolutely not ! I thought it was like how TTT2 does it, when you disconnect you automatically get a higher disconnect rate displayed when people try to join a game with you.

Message 5 of 6 (63 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15651 posts

May 2, 2013

No, he means how Xbox Live's rating system is.... somewhat....

Since someone can gauge another's profile by their "Rank" and how many Reputation stars they have....

Doubtul anyone would ever take advantage of such a system, because when I played my X360... I'd never run across anyone that had less than 5 rep stars....

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 6 of 6 (55 Views)
0 Likes