Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Re: Sony play station vita huge disappointment

Jul 3, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

I have not had a vita, but i can vouch for the OP.

All the games look garbage besides little big planet vita and rayman. 

They need some INTERESTING titles like Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil, Etc.

But i know how you feel though. I bought the PSP on launch and the first year was a complete joke. It did get really good in the second and third year though. 

Once you play the vita games they are very fun.

Those kind of games are ment for PC and Console. Although they do pop up on handhelds from time to time it is becoming even more rare as the time goes by. 

Yeah... Thats most likely how the Vita will end up.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 11 of 57 (228 Views)
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 3, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

But i know how you feel though. I bought the PSP on launch and the first year was a complete joke. It did get really good in the second and third year though. 

Those kind of games are ment for PC and Console. Although they do pop up on handhelds from time to time it is becoming even more rare as the time goes by. 

You need to remember though, some games released on mobiles actually played better on mobiles. GTA For example.

Grand theft auto liberty city stories and vice city stories were exclusive to PSP, but then ported to PS2. In the end, the PSP version was better because they got forced to downplay some specs and such of the game due to issues in the porting process. 

They should attempt to make contracts with some companies. Vita being capable of playing certain PS3 games, they should get capcom to port some Resident Evil titles to the device, get rockstar to port GTA IV or something to the device (Maybe the GTA SA?), and some others.

Id personally shoot and buy it if they made a new Resident Evil Outbreak for vita.

Message 12 of 57 (225 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

You need to remember though, some games released on mobiles actually played better on mobiles. GTA For example.

Grand theft auto liberty city stories and vice city stories were exclusive to PSP, but then ported to PS2. In the end, the PSP version was better because they got forced to downplay some specs and such of the game due to issues in the porting process. 

They should attempt to make contracts with some companies. Vita being capable of playing certain PS3 games, they should get capcom to port some Resident Evil titles to the device, get rockstar to port GTA IV or something to the device (Maybe the GTA SA?), and some others.

Id personally shoot and buy it if they made a new Resident Evil Outbreak for vita.

Agreed, Kudos

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 13 of 57 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Jul 3, 2013

KERMITXP wrote:
My wife purchased a ps vita on day one for me as a gift. I was so looking forward to this power house hand held system. Now I have had this system for over a year now and have only been playing two games really as the rest have been nothing but let downs. I don't see any games like tiger woods PGA, NBA 2K, NHL, or many of the games that would get people excited about a system. Sony doesn't seem to be doing anything about wooing companies to produce games for the Vita and seems content in letting it slowly die off. I wish I could get the money my wife spent on the Vita back for her. People ask if they should invest in the Vita and I tell them absolutely not to waste there cash.

well with alot  next genration  consoles coming up alot want to  invest in that.  Alot good games are on ps  vita

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 14 of 57 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
400 posts

Jul 3, 2013
I've also had my Vita since launch and do feel dissapointed by it so far. If it wasn't for MLB The Show I would have probably sold it already. As it stands now, I give it 6 months. If nothing comes out that hooks me and the PS4 intigration isn't amazing, I will cut my losses and dump it. It is a shame. So much potential with such powerful hardware .
Message 15 of 57 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jul 3, 2013

BalmungTaichou wrote:
During the first year of the 3DS Feb 26, 2011- Feb 21 2012 there were 82 USA game retail releases. Looks like 20 could be found elsewhere. During the first year of the PSV Dec 17, 2011-Dec 17, 2012 83 USA game releases. Looks like 33 can be found elsewhere so only 50 unique games were released. All in all the 3DS had 62 unique games and the Vita had 50 so the problem why it is not selling is price not games. All info Wikipedia list shoot me in the morning I was too sleepy to find a real source, although the lists were citied. 3DS $150=170 PSVita $240-300 math is easy.

Quality > Quantity. Few great games > A lot of average games. That the 3DS didn't get as many games doesn't mean that the PSV is better. It all boils down to personal taste in games~.

Message 16 of 57 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

KERMITXP wrote:
I don't see any games like tiger woods PGA, NBA 2K, NHL, or many of the games that would get people excited about a system.

I love obliviously self righteous statements like this.

What makes you think any of the games you listed are system selling games?

You are a sports game person, obviously.  So to you these types of titles are important, but that doesn't make them universally system selling games to everyone, or even the majority.

I hate sports games.  So these titles mean nothing to me in selling a system.

In fact, in the history of consoles, sports titles have rarely been considered system sellers.  Those titles, historically, tend to be FPS.

Why is it these days, that people think just because something is important to them, that it must mean it is important to everyone?

Be One With The Game.

Message 17 of 57 (170 Views)
I Only Post Everything
845 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

You mean they need big budget, big name games. You, like most gamers nowadays, rely on those types of games. Most gamers will keep buying the same games from the same series because they are unwilling to risk trying something new. Not everyone sees the games on Vita as crap. Especially people that have played the games. Have you tried Wipeout2048, Gravity Rush, or Sound Shapes? While I don't agree with the mindset the average gamer has, I have to accept that those big budget games are what will sell Vitas and allows the rest of the games to continue being made. So the games you mentioned along with Borderlands, Bioshock, or Call of Duty are needed to continue the life of the Vita.

Message 18 of 57 (158 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Jul 3, 2013
Wipeout 2048 and Gravity Rush are big budget games though~.
Message 19 of 57 (154 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
845 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

The-Sarge wrote:

KERMITXP wrote:
I don't see any games like tiger woods PGA, NBA 2K, NHL, or many of the games that would get people excited about a system.

I love obliviously self righteous statements like this.

What makes you think any of the games you listed are system selling games?

You are a sports game person, obviously.  So to you these types of titles are important, but that doesn't make them universally system selling games to everyone, or even the majority.

I hate sports games.  So these titles mean nothing to me in selling a system.

In fact, in the history of consoles, sports titles have rarely been considered system sellers.  Those titles, historically, tend to be FPS.

Why is it these days, that people think just because something is important to them, that it must mean it is important to everyone?

If by historical you mean just this generation. FPSs didn't become popular until CoD 2. Meanwhile Madden has been selling consoles for over 20 years. You may not like sports games but they are one of the biggest genres and have been for a very long time.

Message 20 of 57 (153 Views)