Uncharted Territory
1676 posts

Re: Sony play station vita huge disappointment

Jul 3, 2013
Amusing part is I have ZERO interest in the games that you listed in your complaint. Different strokes for different folks. I play my Vita over my PS3 10-fold and have more games on it than I can play!

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 57 (177 Views)
Sackboy
522 posts

Jul 3, 2013

With so many Indie games coming to the PS4/Vita in the future, it really is a perfect platform for those kind of games.

Sony has a plan for the Vita, and I believe it's a very smart one.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 57 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
625 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Buy an Xbox One if you want SPORT, SPORT, SPORT, TVTVTVTVTVTVTVTV.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 57 (167 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Zorrillo90 wrote:

Buy an Xbox One if you want SPORT, SPORT, SPORT, TVTVTVTVTVTVTVTV.

Judging by how fat and ugly it is, and how it looks like a mini radiator, ill buy it for the winter to keep me warm while i play PS4. 

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 57 (165 Views)
Sackboy
409 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

Historical meaning starting as far back as two generations ago.  There were FPS games before COD you know.

No one has ever bought one console over another for Madden.

However, People started buying the N64 just to play Golden Eye.  People bought the PS1 just to play Medal of Honor.  People bought the Original XBOX just to play Halo, as happened with the 360.  The PS2 and PS3 tried to replicate this with Killzone.

All of this happened before COD came around, and I think it speaks for itself.

That is what I mean by historical.  The FPS genre is more of a system mover then any other genre.  Just do some research.  And this has nothing to do with my own personal likes, as I am not much of a fan of FPS games either.

Yes, I am aware there were FPSs before CoD. I played Duke 3D. My argument was not that FPSs didn't exist. But that they did not become very popular until CoD2 came out. The people that bought an N64 for Goldeneye or a PS1 for Medal of Honor is very small. I'm talking about big games along the lines of Mario and Tony Hawk. I will give you Halo on the Xbox though, however marginal the success of that console was. But that gives you three consoles where FPSs dominated the market. The PS3, Xbox360, and the Xbox. Which are some of the most recent consoles. My argument for Madden was not about competition between consoles. It was that Madden has been very near the top of the market for it's entire existence. It certainly contributed to the continued success of video games in America, which led to the creation of the FPSs that lead the market now. I will admit though that the last Madden I owned was '91 on the Genesis. Now that's historical. Everyone wore number 11.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 57 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Jul 4, 2013

smoothboarder540 wrote:

It was that Madden has been very near the top of the market for it's entire existence. It certainly contributed to the continued success of video games in America, which led to the creation of the FPSs that lead the market now.

You're joking right? Madden definitely had nothing to do with the creation of FPS games that exist today - and it DEFINITELY isn't the reason video games are successful in the U.S.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 57 (121 Views)
Sackboy
501 posts

Jul 4, 2013

The op is entitled to thier opinion but really a big dissappointment? I agree i wish the vita had more grt sports games like bball hockey ect but i definitely do not think vita has bn a big dissappointment. With so many  diffrent types of games from fooseball, pinball, mortal kombat, little big planet, baseball, pool, uncharted, madden, persona 4, great smaller titles like dokuru, guacolmee, hotline miami, man the list does not stop. Soon killzone mercenary, batman. Then u git grt apps like you tube, netflix, email, ps store rental movies, twitter, music unlimited, photo. this awesome oled screen n such versatile usefulness this sytem is grt! Nw knowing it will play ps4 stream games its so gonna b better. Thinking the op needs to actually tryout much more games.

Gamer till the End
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 57 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4369 posts

Jul 4, 2013

smoothboarder540 wrote:

Historical meaning starting as far back as two generations ago.  There were FPS games before COD you know.

However, People started buying the N64 just to play Golden Eye.  People bought the PS1 just to play Medal of Honor.  People bought the Original XBOX just to play Halo, as happened with the 360.  The PS2 and PS3 tried to replicate this with Killzone.

That is what I mean by historical.  The FPS genre is more of a system mover then any other genre.  Just do some research.  And this has nothing to do with my own personal likes, as I am not much of a fan of FPS games either.

Yes, I am aware there were FPSs before CoD. I played Duke 3D. My argument was not that FPSs didn't exist. But that they did not become very popular until CoD2 came out. The people that bought an N64 for Goldeneye or a PS1 for Medal of Honor is very small. I'm talking about big games along the lines of Mario and Tony Hawk. I will give you Halo on the Xbox though, however marginal the success of that console was. But that gives you three consoles where FPSs dominated the market. The PS3, Xbox360, and the Xbox. Which are some of the most recent consoles. My argument for Madden was not about competition between consoles. It was that Madden has been very near the top of the market for it's entire existence. It certainly contributed to the continued success of video games in America, which led to the creation of the FPSs that lead the market now. I will admit though that the last Madden I owned was '91 on the Genesis. Now that's historical. Everyone wore number 11.

Obviously you didn't read any of my posts subsequent to the one you quoted.

I Have a Nintendo Power Magazine still from the N64 days where Nintendo gives Credit for Golden Eye helping the N64 to achieve it's highest sales to that point.

I remember Medal of Honor on the PSX, and how it most definitely was selling systems.

And I produced a quote from an article from 2006 about a report on Video Game genre's from previous console generations, that disproves what you are saying.

You may want to read the rest of the thread before responding to a single post.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 57 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1912 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

The-Sarge wrote:

smoothboarder540 wrote:

Obviously you didn't read any of my posts subsequent to the one you quoted.

I Have a Nintendo Power Magazine still from the N64 days where Nintendo gives Credit for Golden Eye helping the N64 to achieve it's highest sales to that point.

I remember Medal of Honor on the PSX, and how it most definitely was selling systems.

And I produced a quote from an article from 2006 about a report on Video Game genre's from previous console generations, that disproves what you are saying.

So you want proof? Alright...here's the all-time sales chart for PlayStation, sorted by top sellers in North America:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?page=1&results=200&name=&platform=PS&minSales=0&publisher=&genre=&so...

Medal of Honor is #57. LOL! In fact, the first shooter to appear on that list, Syphon Filter, is #29.

You were right about Golden Eye:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?page=1&results=200&name=&platform=N64&minSales=0&publisher=&genre=&s...

But it wasn't until Halo that FPSs came back to be system sellers. Before Halo, FPSs were dominated by the PC. Halo was the first decent console FPS to come around since Golden Eye. There were way better shooters on PC (eg. Half-Life), but Halo took advantage of the lack of console shooters and is the primary reason the franchise became so popular. Similar to how Angry Birds took mobile gaming by storm despite there being better offerings available.

EDIT: And FYI, your quote means nothing, as you're taking it way out of context. All it's saying is that other publishers stayed away from sports games because EA had all the licensing for the pro leagues and another other publisher would be stupid to compete.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 57 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Anyone who thinks that metal of honor garbage sold the PS is insane...

The 5 "System Sellers" of the PS was:

Gran Turismo

Spyro The Dragon

Crash Bandioot

Resident Evil

Syphon Filter 

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 57 (56 Views)
0 Likes