Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Re: Sony play station vita huge disappointment

Jul 4, 2013
I have 38+games, 4 movies, 10 apps. and very happy with it. The only two disappointment that i have is the short memory space and the fact that there is not a online tune in radio app.
Message 51 of 57 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jul 4, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

Anyone who thinks that metal of honor garbage sold the PS is insane...

The 5 "System Sellers" of the PS was:

Gran Turismo

Spyro The Dragon

Crash Bandioot

Resident Evil

Tomb Raider

Fixed.

Message 52 of 57 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

i would agree with the article. SONY is turning the system into indie handheld. which is not what  most of  us had signed on for.  i love some indie but vita needs real games. SONY announcement bunch of garbage at E3. destiny of spirits really?

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Message 53 of 57 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2670 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Who said Medal of Honor sold the PSX? lol.  Gran Turismo, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, and countless JRPG's sold the PSX.

Back on topic, its no surprise the Vita flopped.  After that failure of the PSP Go.  Handhelds are just not marketed for grown adults.

edit:  The FPS clowns here are underestimating what the sports genre can do to actually make the Vita appealing.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 54 of 57 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Jul 4, 2013

The Vita hasn't flopped. The best of its life cycle is yet to come. PlayStation doesn't abandon devices so soon, it is their premiere handheld, can play anything thrown at it, will be awesome with the PS4 and they know it. They have had good games released for it.

Not everyone has everyone else's taste in games. I am pleased with what I have gotten out of my Vita this whole time. Does that mean other games are not wanted? No, but for me I am happy with things like Pixel Junk Monsters and Dead Nation coming soon.

Every game company started somewhere. Sony gives those new ones a chance, and we profit from it. Indie doesn't mean dull, poor, uninteresting, bad games. It means something different, some small, some larger, some bigger yet. Most all fun to play.

Sony now has Indie as a PSN store category, you can see that some pretty popular games are in there. Indie is vast in how much goes into a game. Big budget isn't the only place good ideas and fulfillment on them come from. 

I'm only talking about the games, not about what sells a system, which from this thread is obvious already, various things. Not anything but whatever the reason for the purchase is, like, buy it to play games, nothing particularly, just whatever comes along.

But I'm a stupid adult, the only one in the whole world playing LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey, on the PS Vita.

Message 55 of 57 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

I had the Vita at launch, but sold it due to at the time, lack of games. Uncharted was awesome and I loved Virtual Tennis on it. I also liked the game chat feature. But I went through a phase where I wasn't gaming. But then started again. I even had the Wii U at launch and just recently traded it towards the PS4 (only having to pay $35.00 out of pocket for the PS4).

At the time when the Vita launched, ps+ was not part of it. So now that vita will have more of a role with ps4 & free games.with plus, I am going to get the Vita again. And now the Walking Dead bundle comes out next month, I have been adding to the vita instant game selection due to plus. Plus Batman will be different from the consoles and Killzone lokks amazing.

Yes I am an adult, husband and a parent and still getting it, just like I am.getting Disney Infinity and I am not ashamed.

Message 57 of 57 (81 Views)