Highlighted
Mar 05 2013
By: Grieveheart First Son 11 posts

Sony (playstation) needs to get things right

[ Edited ]
16 replies 279 views Edited Mar 5, 2013

Ever since the beginning of playstation 3's life, it has failed against xbox. Not for any other reason except of how Xbox has dealt with their marketing strategies. I have been a hardcore playstation gamer since PS1, but this has got to stop. Xbox getting games before PS3? Not cool at all. Also, with developers making games to port for both consoles, makes the games less of what they could have been for PS3 since it was the more "beast" of the two machines, but developers are not going to make the two different console games that uniquely tuned to to their system because its just too much effort......it begs the questions of why even have competing consoles (with one getting the short end over and over again) . Yes, I know their are the 4% games made for PS3 only, and those only prove more on these subjects I am broaching. Drakes fortune, heavy rains, etc awesome games! I know many people are not going to agreew ith this, but today redbox got me steaming about this issue. I can't say if it was purposefully, but its about xbox having copies of Tomb Raider in all there kiosk locations, but didn't stock one single copy for PS3 in any at all. ummmmmm, what system was the original Tomb Raider on? PS1. This just made me disgusted enough to chat with a represnative on the issue.

Message 1 of 17 (279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: Sony needs to get things righ

Mar 5, 2013

Laura: Hi my name is Laura, please give me one moment while I review your question.
Laura: Hi there Jason, thanks for waiting. Please clarify your PS3 game question, and I'd be glad to help from there.
Jason Dearmon: Yes my question is why isn't the game in any redbox for PS3 but is in all locations for xbox?
Jason Dearmon: The company did not decide to put it in for PS3 yet?
Laura: It looks like we're still stocking this game in PS3 format. It may take a week before this title is available in all locations, I really do value your patience and apologize that the Xbox game is taunting you right now Smiley Sad.
Laura: I'd be glad to get you a credit for your patience. How's that sound?
Laura: I would bookmark this page and then utilize the "Find" feature through out the day to see if this has been stocked:

http://www.redbox.com/games/tomb-raider-ps3
Jason Dearmon: Sure, but I may be buying this title now.
Laura: You're welcome to purchase this title. I'm a die-hard Tomb Raider fan too, but I understand it's nice to test out a movie or game before you purchase it too. Hopefully we will have this soon.
Laura: Credits expire in 30 days and can be used toward Blu-rays & DVDs.
These two credits can be used online and or while at the machine.

Let me know where you'd like to use these and I can give you some steps on how-to!
Laura: Let's make it 2, since this is a game.
Jason Dearmon: Could you mention this to corporate?
Jason Dearmon: Im not sure if you know, but xbox already pays extra to get certain games first
Laura: We have logged many contacts today and take them all to heart about this issue. I will definitely share your suggestions and feedback with the appropriate parties.
Jason Dearmon: and for ps3 owners not wanting to make the switch its a heated travesty lol
Jason Dearmon: thank you!
Laura: Understandably. I luckily have both, but we use the PS3 more. I feel where you're coming from. I will share our feedback to make sure we are heard out, Jason!
Laura: You're so welcome. Go PS3 Smiley Wink.
Jason Dearmon: Smiley Happy
Laura: Have I answered everything I can, before I let you continue on with your week?
Jason Dearmon: yes
Jason Dearmon: have a good day
Laura: Great, so you have those 2 credits available for use for 30 days. Enjoy a movie or 2 soon in the meantime. Enjoy Tomb Raider as well, and have a great day yourself.
Laura: Thanks for chatting with Redbox, please take care

The Lady was helpful, but doesn't fix the issue. Another recent issue I can think of is the Skyrim DLC- Seems like we just now got it a year later. Anyways, if the people at Sony want to do get better, they have to fix this problem and sign on better deals with developers instead of those insignificant network download games. There needs to be more games like drakes uncharted, and the hopefully amazing "the Last of us" games. Alright- End soap box. It would be awesome if someone with the power to take this for action read this. Maybe I will copy and paste and try, but already know, nobody in corporate will and we will see another halfway good playstation model come out soon, when it could be better ( I hope I am wrong).
Message 2 of 17 (277 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11375 posts

Mar 5, 2013

The problem is that M$ pays millions for first rights to games and DLC (which is the main reason online gaming is not free on XBL).  There's not much Sony can do about that.

I honestly don't think this is a big issue, anyway, since I don't generally rush out and purchase multiplatform games day 1 (rare exceptions for Assassin's Creed... and well, that's pretty much it).

Message 3 of 17 (265 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Mar 5, 2013

7 years of this and you're JUST NOW complaining about this?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 17 (260 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Your right that money is an issue, but I disagree that there is nothing they can do about it. They just need to focus on the marketing for it. They did start taking fees in for playstation plus which isn't as much as microsoft, but it was a start, plus everything else in the online marketplace. I also don't think they hurting as much in the money department as some believe. I think they really just never took real good action on it. Well, if they plan going the same way with the PS4, one might say why even bother with it if money is an issue and xbox keeps dominating and stealing their sales.  I'd rather see stick with them and have a level playign field with xbox- its not impossible.

Message 5 of 17 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Ouch, way to put it. This is not an out of date subject though since over and over xbox 360 wins out getting the goods before PS3.  I don't also want to go on one of those rants about one console being better than another in specs, but I understand how my previous post suggests such. I more overly wanted to emphasize  playstation having some more playstation exclusives games like the select few that were amazing, and say how I hope they try better with marketing for PS4.

The whole xbox Tomb Raider on redbox before PS3 probably is just a coincidence as well, but it was the final blow for me to want to rant about it (even when I know I can jsut go buy it and quit complaining).  Either way, I will hope that in the future we can at the least get the games made for both consoles at the same time instead of waiting like some second rate citizens for choosing to stick with Playstation.

If I am complaining to deaf ears then move along.  

Message 6 of 17 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Grieveheart wrote:

Ouch, way to put it. This is not an out of date subject though since over and over xbox 360 wins out getting the goods before PS3.  I don't also want to go on one of those rants about one console being better than another in specs, but I understand how my previous post suggests such. I more overly wanted to emphasize  playstation having some more playstation exclusives games like the select few that were amazing, and say how I hope they try better with marketing for PS4.

M$ has a considerably larger piggy-bank so that they can throw money willy-nilly to get more sales and gain exclusivity. Sony is not in the best position to do so since they are currently in the RED, and have been for at least 3 years.

The whole xbox Tomb Raider on redbox before PS3 probably is just a coincidence as well, but it was the final blow for me to want to rant about it (even when I know I can jsut go buy it and quit complaining).  Either way, I will hope that in the future we can at the least get the games made for both consoles at the same time instead of waiting like some second rate citizens for choosing to stick with Playstation.

Yes, it is coincidence... remember that Redbox is not a nationally owned company, but a franchise owned by independent business owners. The same way you can take a $50k business loan and open up a 7-11 or a Starbucks. 
When it comes to business, you want to maintain the demand that brings the most money. its not about M$ or Sony because Tomb Raider released on both consoles on the same day... its about your local redbox sees more Xbox game rentals so thats what they decided to populate it more with.

you're simply confusing differences of businesses and thinking its some conspiracy about M$ buying everything and Sony not doing anything.

If I am complaining to deaf ears then move along.  

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 17 (235 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Show me a link showing Sony is broke ( and not one with them just not having as much money as Microsoft, because we know they dont have that much money). Im saying they are not willing to spend it. Yeah in the red, yet working on PS4. They are still a multi-million dollar company. Also, with the redbox issue, I already said yes its a coincidence, but as far as locally, look up on redbox and find one copy on any redbox location offering the PS3 title. Yes its coming in like a week, but they didnt stock it at any as far as I read into it. Go to redbox.com, click PS3 Tomb Raider and read the posts. I know this doesn't change it being market targeting.

The point I am trying to get across is plain and simple- that they will stay 2nd in gaming unless they execute something magnificent to combat Microsoft in these areas to get people back onto playstation. Or are we stuck with them just being 2nd in gaming with the once in a blue moon good game release thats not on Xbox. I could see that happening, which is a continuation of what we have now. Conspiracy? No Conspiracy here. Plain and simple-Microsoft is spending the money in this department on xbox and playstation isn't or maybe they can't due to contracts signed, but hopefully it doesn't last forever. And didn't I already state probably coincidence with the redbox issue  It just made me remember the times in the past of Microsoft spending the money to get dlc's first.  As a Playstation fan, going to the redbox and seeing tomb raider at many locations only xbox and then reading about it online that the game that had originated on playstation was not stocked for ps3 yet- regardless of everything, it ticked me off.

Are you saying they shouldn't try to do compete with xbox when PS4 comes and just keep doing what they are doing now? I guess I am living in the past of how awesome playstation used to be. Heres my thoughts on PS4- Either put the money into it, or not at all.

I

Message 8 of 17 (224 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 6, 2013

I know your trying to educate me and I am just the ignorant one here, but I disagree with you. Yes I think Sony could have done more for the PS3 and hope they do in PS4.

Message 9 of 17 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Re: Sony (playstation) needs to get things right

Mar 6, 2013
Look, why are you so worried about Microsoft ? Huh? NO REALLY? For its price and late year head start, they stood against Microsoft. Why are you so worried about multi platform games that Microsoft gets things 1st ? Microsoft has NOTHING I REPEAT NOTHING. So all they do is try to sway people to think there better but guess what????? While Microsoft pays millions for exclusive stuff, I'm playing better higher quality games until Sony gets its hand on the things Microsoft spent all that money on. Sony has shipped more PS3 systems vs Xbox 360 shipping units. Yes that is different then actually sold but compared to the big red ring of death problem they had along with the massive games getting scratched, Microsoft has paid billions in repair for those issues.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 10 of 17 (212 Views)
0 Likes