First Son
11 posts

Re: Sony (playstation) needs to get things right

Mar 6, 2013

Its like getting to see an epic movie after everyone else has already seen it ( have lots of friends on xbox).  When I think about it, its kind of bad manor for micrsoft to spend money to make sure their gamers  "get it first", but maybe I should be focusing on those great games. Can't wait for the last of us to come. I am actually looking forward to that more than the PS4. Well, I wasted time anyways being **bleep** about something I  shouldn't have let get to me and I realize it. I know it also has to do with me trying to quit smoking and a bad day at work before the redbox incident, but it kind of set it all off for me (dear god, I sound like a woman!) Anyways, has anybody atleast read or heard anything about sony doing something about microsoft contracts or is it a lost cause?

Message 11 of 17 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Also I noticed redbox is deleting all the things PS3 ownwers have to say about them not stocking the game, so maybe they will learn something, and that I am not alone in being **bleep** at them about it.

Message 12 of 17 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Sony needs to get things righ

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013

Grieveheart wrote:

Show me a link showing Sony is broke ( and not one with them just not having as much money as Microsoft, because we know they dont have that much money). Im saying they are not willing to spend it. Yeah in the red, yet working on PS4. They are still a multi-million dollar company. Also, with the redbox issue, I already said yes its a coincidence, but as far as locally, look up on redbox and find one copy on any redbox location offering the PS3 title. Yes its coming in like a week, but they didnt stock it at any as far as I read into it. Go to redbox.com, click PS3 Tomb Raider and read the posts. I know this doesn't change it being market targeting.

The point I am trying to get across is plain and simple- that they will stay 2nd in gaming unless they execute something magnificent to combat Microsoft in these areas to get people back onto playstation. Or are we stuck with them just being 2nd in gaming with the once in a blue moon good game release thats not on Xbox. I could see that happening, which is a continuation of what we have now. Conspiracy? No Conspiracy here. Plain and simple-Microsoft is spending the money in this department on xbox and playstation isn't or maybe they can't due to contracts signed, but hopefully it doesn't last forever. And didn't I already state probably coincidence with the redbox issue  It just made me remember the times in the past of Microsoft spending the money to get dlc's first.  As a Playstation fan, going to the redbox and seeing tomb raider at many locations only xbox and then reading about it online that the game that had originated on playstation was not stocked for ps3 yet- regardless of everything, it ticked me off.

Are you saying they shouldn't try to do compete with xbox when PS4 comes and just keep doing what they are doing now? I guess I am living in the past of how awesome playstation used to be. Heres my thoughts on PS4- Either put the money into it, or not at all.

I

Well first off... theres a difference between being "broke" and "losing money".

Second... just about every multi-national corporation publicly reports their financials so that it can be easily accessible to ALL of its investors... big and small. Even a simply google search of simply paying attention to the industries that Sony is involved in, reports Sony losing money. Aside from Sony Pictures, which is actually doing pretty well in the recent movies. Skyfall getting around $1Billion at the box office and still climbing... Avengers getting several hundred million as well....

Financial Data

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/2012/common/docs/FinancialDataE.pdf

Annual Report
http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/2012/common/docs/EAR.pdf

And just because a company loses money, that doesn't mean that they have to close doors immediately.... a company as large as Sony has something that common folk like to call "Savings".... in their language its called "Reserves". 

Unless otherwise announced, Sony is going along "business as usual".... and making efforts to bring themselves back into a profitable company by releasing a console that is going to be EASIER to develop for and publishing licenses for games that are highly anticipated.....

For someone like you and me, losing money means to stop buying games, going out to eat, going to the movies.... essentially going cold-turkey until there is money in the bank. A company where its income DEPENDS on them spending money for products continues to release products and behing the scenes comes up with plans that will be set in motion in the future that will bring them back from a slump.

With a company that has a multi-billion dollar valuation, even possibly in the trillions most likely, this is just a bump in the road.

This isn't the first time Sony has been through this.... like any other company, they bounce back and forth....

Looking at the history of their share price in the stock market over the last 25 years shows the ups and downs....

Its not about being first or second in a gaming industry.... its about what the individuals see it as and in the quality of its products.

Grieveheart wrote:Heres my thoughts on PS4- Either put the money into it, or not at all.

That falls on the consumer....

Its not hard, when you have common sense.

Honestly why is it so important, FOR YOU, that Sony is "Super Ulimate B-A Number 1 in the whole universe" ?
You want to help? Buy more Sony products....

Furiously Chaosing
Message 13 of 17 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2504 posts

Mar 6, 2013
This thread is a waste of time. All you're going to get is Grieveheart complaining about how he doesn't understand something, and questions why things are the way they are, but as soon as anyone provides a well-thought-out, educated answer, he/she is just going to dispute it like they all-of-a-sudden know all about that topic and just say "You're wrong!"
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 14 of 17 (72 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Mar 6, 2013

sadly thats happening a lot these past few weeks

Furiously Chaosing
Message 15 of 17 (69 Views)
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Mar 6, 2013

you do know if its such a big deal to you that you can just buy a 360 and then you can play them first also...believe it or not you can sit a PS3 and 360 next to each other without anything bursting into flames..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 16 of 17 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
492 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Just my 2 cents on why there's a difference between Xbox Live and PS Plus.

XboxLive, yes, YOU HAVE TO pay the $50 every year to play all year online. I don't think they "need" that money at all. I personally think they do that to make even MORE money, which they are. But guess what?!? Do the Xbox people get stuff? NOPE

PS Plus...we have the right to pay or not. You stated earlier that Xbox Live was a little cheaper than PS Plus, umm, it's the same price, $50 a year. I believe Sony may or may not keep this option open, but as it stands, it's a way to give the people a decision on their own. Look above, Xbox get props? NOPE...PS Plus? YES, we get all kinds of stuff. Free games, free this, free that, discounts on all kinds of games.

And just to throw this in there, about a year and a half, maybe 2 years ago, they took two polls dealing with the Wii, Xbox, and PS3.

One out of every 20 consoles that died (RLOD, YLOD, Wii just doesn't turn on period)

Xbox - 7 out of 20

Wii - 5 out of 20

PS3 - 4 out of 20

Customer Service, in order of highest to last..

Wii, PS3, Xbox

What now? Xbox and Microsoft are riff offs if you ask me. I have a friend that's on his 4TH! Xbox because the other 3 got the RLOD, why would you buy ANOTHER ONE? I said go PS3, and he remarked "yea but your PS3 just died too". At that time, it did...after having it 5 years without any problems...

Message 17 of 17 (58 Views)
0 Likes