Splicer
45 posts

Re: Sony xbox1 change their minds about used games etc... How about you change your minds?

Jun 25, 2013

The only Reason the Kinect needs to be connected is for MEdia features they focus on with Xbox One.

THe camera isn't on, and I have played with an actual unit. WHen off the camera and laser tracker is off, but the voice sensor can be set to on/off in the system menu.  SO even when it is off, you can say "Xbox On-watch Sci-Fi)

What they didn't mention is the U/R sender built into it that can control your tv on/off as well"

When the Xbox turns on, you notice the camera light and halo turn on as well as the Laser tracker.

Message 191 of 197 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Re: Sony xbox1 change their minds about used games etc... How about you change your minds?

Jun 25, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

What I can argue about is the ability for Sony to keep being a brand name thats stays different than the others. 

Just so you know, they don't need to do that. If you consider how many PS4 pre-orders have already gone through, you can clearly see that it's going to sell just fine with or without the requirement.

You don't know how to run a business. The #1 goal is to maximize profits.

The PS4 currently has an inelastic demand (meaning that a change in price will influence change in revenue, more than a change in quantity).

For inelastic demand, if you increase price, you increase total revenue.

In this case, instead of increasing the price of the system, they impose a PS+ requirement. Sure, this deters a certain number of folk who don't wish to pay for the service.

But the amount of money they make off the people who DO pay, more than offsets this balance in terms of total revenue.

Hard to really say if it is going to offset.

Most people went with the playstation 3 even though it cost more, because the online was free.

That was a very big issue with the Xbox 360..

I think there are more people here that will not purchase a new PS4 system for a few years.Just because of the Mutil-player cost.

If Sony tries to implement the Pay to play on the PS3... Well, you can bet all hell will break loose.

Not offering any other option with the multi-player is going to delay and hurt sales for the PS4 from the casual gamer market.... even with the few Hard core defectors from the Xbox community..

I think more people are upset with lack of Pay to Play options than Sony realizes.

Message 192 of 197 (174 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Jun 25, 2013
How do you know that was the reasoning for "most people"? Did you poll them? And they said they aren't implementing a required PS Plus subscription for the PS3.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 193 of 197 (136 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10749 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Houstonheart wrote:
THe camera isn't on, and I have played with an actual unit. WHen off the camera and laser tracker is off, but the voice sensor can be set to on/off in the system menu.  SO even when it is off, you can say "Xbox On-watch Sci-Fi)

In other words...  the microphone is always on.  No thanks.

Message 194 of 197 (105 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Jun 26, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Houstonheart wrote:

In other words...  the microphone is always on.  No thanks.

I wouldn't want a camera that is always on watching and listening to everything. That's just really creepy!

Message 195 of 197 (99 Views)
MVP Support
10749 posts

Jun 26, 2013

uh--oh wrote:
Im done arguing, because nothing I will offer can sway sheep.

I bet 99% of the people you find that agree with you about 'online always being free' will change their minds when they find out what else that $50 per year gets them.  I bet you are in a very, very miniscule percentage that sees PS+ as ONLY online multiplayer.  You will NOT likely raise enough support for your cause unless Sony comes out and says that PS+ only buys access to online multiplayer, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Message 196 of 197 (96 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6822 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

shotgunn_surgeon wrote:
Wow so many complainers about this issue. At least Xbox fanboys love XBL. Maybe I made the wrong choice, it doesn't seem like PS fans care about how good their online experience is. So many PS fans hate forward progress. They want to be stuck in the dark ages while XBL continues improving.

I joined this community it hasn't even been 24 hours and this community is already making me afraid of switching to Sony. Just a bunch of complainers.

.PLaystation is a niche console and has always been one.

A niche console that sold 77.5 Million consoles to date? Thats one big nitche lol. I love how you take your own oppinion as fact when there are actual stats to pretty much rebut everything you say

And I love how you ignore everything. SO tell me Gray what other big gaming console offers free online? Sorry if you don't like my terminology but as I've alread told you ten times over, no one esle is doing that (hence the word niche). If you hate the fact we are voicing our points and you don't agree with them. Don't come into the thread. Its very simple. We believe online should be free. We have provided information in two different threads of which you choose to ignore. Why? Who knows maybe you love to argue.

The point is Sony makes tons of money. They don't need ours to create infrastructure for dedicated servers. Forcing the community to pay for online isn't fair nor right! Especially if the gamer truly has no need for any of whats being provided by the psn+  offer.  Lets not forget they say we are for the gamer yet the console isn't backwards compatible. If it didn't work for xbox one forcing the customer base to accept something if enough playstation community members voice out loud will also make a difference.

What happens if its free? Are you still going to complain? LOL

If the  president of sony  is saying  hey we need up todate service for the brand  of ps gaming and the money has to  come from somewhere. then they dont have the money..

No one  has any proof they they do have the money or dont have the money.. If  the president is sending package deal  to all of playstion  for the gamer. then  come on uh oh.. he is being more than  fair why should he apologize for sending a olive  branch  deep in good will f the gamer.? By market  standards he should be charging 25$ a month., but he is charge 5$ mnth.  50 a year and you can stack, No company in the biz today allow you to stack subcribtions like this. If they  do they have do amanidory  renwal.. he is  not asking for that  it all free will.

Gamers are already complaining about psn today and  its free. Calling for heads and etc etc. I doubt that will change in the  near future for the  brand..   Sony can try to  please you  but at  the same time you have to want to be pleased. Theres is a basic side with free online gaming, and   paying side with more perk and online gaming..

You dont have to pay for ps+, you can tlk to friends and  be  social  and mp for free. You try to mke it sound mp gaming last of breath of gaming its not  and  also manditory  .. It is not .. Nothing but  burden if  you  burden if ask me..  Spending  multi million just  to please online gamers, and a lot of the just hack and unfair play up a storm. I dont see the logic in it .. i wouldnt spend the money.. I'd pull a dang nintendo and save my  money... Even with monster hunter franachise on nintendo  who you know is screaming for mp online over there.. nobody!!

Its a basic  service,  People wonder why nintendo was makng mass money , and  could ink  all those  ds games..They  are smart over there, and gamers know how they operate, they dont need onlne gaming much. Over here on sony that is not the case. The  ones saying be calm sony know that they are doing.. are called fan boys  and  evil word of  displeasure etc etc..   Some making  it like mp gaming is the last of last for them it is not,, ninetendo has prove this you dont   need online gaming to profit .. To sit here and say  you  do is not fair at all.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 197 of 197 (63 Views)
0 Likes