Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Apr 18 2013
By: OptimusC Wastelander 688 posts
Offline

Soul Sacrifice Demo Impressions (Demo Spoilers)

[ Edited ]
17 replies 404 views Edited Apr 18, 2013

I like the game.  I do.  I thought it was going to be a little bit more serious than it actually is though, at least from what i've played in the demo.  The magical book is humorous, but I feel like it's tailored to the younger crowd.  Yeah, you see some dude explode at the very beginning, but I felt like it was more just for a shocker kinda thing... then the guy locked up is talking to "you" to help free himself... and is freaking out... but then is like "Oh, well I guess I have to use my power" .... the main antagonist comes and picks him up and he explodes.. or something.  Then after it's just the player and the book... after going through about 30 mins of tutorials and things, finally some of the game begins, multiplayer unlocks and stuff, it's cool.  

 


but that's about it... it's cool, nothin really much more... i can only hope that the remaining portion of the game (which there is a lot of, so I've heard) will give me a sense of wanting to come back... because to be honest... the demo kinda left me empty.  maybe because i didn't play with others?? I dont know...  The graphics are unbelievable and the gameplay is very fluid and some of the gruesome stories that are in the book are neat.  I just hope there is more to this than what I've been doing...

 

What are your thoughts on the demo so far?

 

Message 1 of 18 (404 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/21/2000
Offline
10008 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice Demo Impressions (Spoilers)

Apr 18, 2013
personally i havent played the demo but i've heard really good things about it the only reason i havent downloaded it is cuz i dont have space on my mem card but i still plan on buying it when it comes out
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 2 of 18 (392 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2488 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice Demo Impressions (Spoilers)

Apr 18, 2013

OptimusC wrote:


but that's about it... it's cool, nothin really much more... i can only hope that the remaining portion of the game (which there is a lot of, so I've hear) will give me a sense of wanting to come back... because to be honest... the demo kinda left me empty.  maybe because i didn't play with others?? I dont know...  The graphics are unbelievable and the gameplay is very fluid and some of the gruesome stories that are in the book are neat.  I just hope there is more to this than what I've been doing...

 


First of all, I liked it. But it's not the MH-like experience I was hoping for. It's a really interesting fast paced action pseudo hunting game (granted I wasn't totally sure of what I was doing the entire time) but it's nothing like MH. It doesn't give me that feeling of wanting to farm for hours and hours to get better gear because there simply isn't any to be obtained here. Sacrificing has an impact on your looks (from what I understand) but that's a far cry from hunting behemoths for pieces to craft a plethora of armor~.

 

What I disagree on is the serious part, I doubt this game is tailored to younger people. Every monster's story is a tragedy and the fact that you are actually given insight into the thought process of leaving your comrades behind for power is something I doubt younger audiences will either understand or fancy. It feels like a great game, just not a MH which is what I was hoping for~.

Message 3 of 18 (387 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/17/2012
Offline
809 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice Demo Impressions (Spoilers)

Apr 18, 2013

I love this game. 

The graphics. 

The gameplay. 

The soundtrack. 

Great headphones make all the difference. 

I actually want to play the whole game.

Message 4 of 18 (361 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/24/2008
Offline
688 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice Demo Impressions (Spoilers)

Apr 18, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
First of all, I liked it. But it's not the MH-like experience I was hoping for. It's a really interesting fast paced action pseudo hunting game (granted I wasn't totally sure of what I was doing the entire time) but it's nothing like MH. It doesn't give me that feeling of wanting to farm for hours and hours to get better gear because there simply isn't any to be obtained here. Sacrificing has an impact on your looks (from what I understand) but that's a far cry from hunting behemoths for pieces to craft a plethora of armor~.

 

What I disagree on is the serious part, I doubt this game is tailored to younger people. Every monster's story is a tragedy and the fact that you are actually given insight into the thought process of leaving your comrades behind for power is something I doubt younger audiences will either understand or fancy. It feels like a great game, just not a MH which is what I was hoping for~.



Good thoughts.  Feel similar as you.

 

but... when i mention younger people i don't mean 12 and under.. i mean more like teens 13 - 18, and I only say that because of the magic book.... his tone seems way too fluffy and light..... i would figure a magic book which looks as devilish as the one in the game wouldn't have a voice similar to something or someone i'd hear in LBP...  And really I just mean the book itself... there are some moments of "seriousness", but just only having majority of time spent with the book in the demo... it kinda seemed that way...

 

Message 5 of 18 (360 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2488 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice Demo Impressions (Spoilers)

Apr 18, 2013
I wasn't expecting the book in the first place. When I got that book (with a Brit accent I think?) I did have a **bleep**? moment. It feels somewhat awkward and perhaps it'd have helped sustain the seriousness of the theme if the book would just speak to your mind or something. But that detail aside, once the stories start unfolding I forget about it~.

But like I said, it's just not the type of game I was hoping for. It doesn't mean I won't buy it and that I won't spend a good amount of time with it. I will. But it's no MH / GEB / LoA (a guilty pleasure of mine). I don't see myself leaving 150+ hours on SS~.
Message 6 of 18 (351 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/21/2000
Offline
10008 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice Demo Impressions (Spoilers)

Apr 18, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
I wasn't expecting the book in the first place. When I got that book (with a Brit accent I think?) I did have a **bleep**? moment. It feels somewhat awkward and perhaps it'd have helped sustain the seriousness of the theme if the book would just speak to your mind or something. But that detail aside, once the stories start unfolding I forget about it~.

But like I said, it's just not the type of game I was hoping for. It doesn't mean I won't buy it and that I won't spend a good amount of time with it. I will. But it's no MH / GEB / LoA (a guilty pleasure of mine). I don't see myself leaving 150+ hours on SS~.

it would be nice if the full game had options for japanese voice and subtitiles

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 7 of 18 (345 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/24/2008
Offline
688 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice Demo Impressions (Spoilers)

Apr 18, 2013

Tinys wrote:

it would be nice if the full game had options for japanese voice and subtitiles


 

yeah that would be a nice feature...but it's not too bad... just that book throws me off... the game is very fun though and I am enjoying it. 

Message 8 of 18 (331 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/17/2011
Offline
1670 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice Demo Impressions (Spoilers)

Apr 18, 2013

Tinys wrote:
personally i havent played the demo but i've heard really good things about it the only reason i havent downloaded it is cuz i dont have space on my mem card but i still plan on buying it when it comes out

Same here lol, I do not want to delete the games I currently playing, I will have to start all over if I do. Moster hunter and Peace Walker took it up for me, those **bleep** data packets!

Message 9 of 18 (325 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/24/2008
Offline
688 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice Demo Impressions (Spoilers)

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

TMAZT3R wrote:

Tinys wrote:
personally i havent played the demo but i've heard really good things about it the only reason i havent downloaded it is cuz i dont have space on my mem card but i still plan on buying it when it comes out

Same here lol, I do not want to delete the games I currently playing, I will have to start all over if I do. Moster hunter and Peace Walker took it up for me, those **bleep** data packets!


hahaha.  believe me... i had to "Sacrifice" a few games too... but luckily I was no longer playing the ones deleted... and i was able to save my data on my PS3 before removing them from my Vita...

Message 10 of 18 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes