Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/10/2012
Offline
347 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice has gotten stale.

May 16, 2013

ValinEndac wrote:

Well if you play any game for 30-40 hours per week it does tend to get a little stale.

However, I know I have about 38 hours on SS so far and I'm still enjoying it and working towards the platinum.

 

Also, while I'm not sure hard the DLC that will be coming out for will be. I can rest a little easier knowing I have fully maxed out at the very least my most useful spells.

 

I cannot understand the reason to trade in SS, especially this early.

I mean you need to have a little bit of patience and wait for the downloadable content to start coming out and I'm sure it will be enough of a reason to get you playing again.

 

Also, I don't see how doing 100 multiplayer games is such a hassle.

You will be doing about that many farming all of the spells and Soul/Life essences anyway.

At least it won't be so bad farming that one boss you hate with 3 other people.


I played the game about 25-30 hours and it was fun at the start , but after the main story ended , I started to do the pacts , all the pacts seemed the same pact only little bit harder bosses , and even when it come to bosses , we only had like 6-8 bosses, and there is no reason to do them again, as we can get all the spells we need upgraded fast. TBH , SS nowhere near MH , I spent months playing MH alone , in MH always there was somthing new or better to get , and that what make you want to play the game more , thou SS was fun at first , but I didn't find any good reason to play the game or even keep it more time.

Message 11 of 20 (422 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 02/01/2013
Offline
50 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice has gotten stale.

May 16, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

ValinEndac wrote:

Well if you play any game for 30-40 hours per week it does tend to get a little stale.

However, I know I have about 38 hours on SS so far and I'm still enjoying it and working towards the platinum.

 

Also, while I'm not sure hard the DLC that will be coming out for will be. I can rest a little easier knowing I have fully maxed out at the very least my most useful spells.

 

I cannot understand the reason to trade in SS, especially this early.

I mean you need to have a little bit of patience and wait for the downloadable content to start coming out and I'm sure it will be enough of a reason to get you playing again.

 

Also, I don't see how doing 100 multiplayer games is such a hassle.

You will be doing about that many farming all of the spells and Soul/Life essences anyway.

At least it won't be so bad farming that one boss you hate with 3 other people.


But I mean, come on.

 

For one, the game favors sacrificers (especially with the time limit quests, or the "no injury" quests, where defense doesn't matter).
And all the bosses are just variations of the same boss.

 

Cerberus and Werewolf are basically the same

Kraken and Hydra are basically the same

Centaur and Unicorn are basically the same

Phoenix and Pegasus are quite similar

Harpy and Griffin sort of (though Griffin is basically permanently in the air)

 

 

Not to mention the only difference between pacts, is that the boss does more damage or has more HP. Otherwise it's the same bosses. Or they make you fight two.

 

You only get 6 slots for offerings/attacks, and getting the "best" offerings takes minimal effort. Pretty much everyone has the "Gold" offerings now.

 

The Sigils that are available, aren't entirely useful to farm for. All they do is make you finish a quest "slightly faster".

 

Example: My character when using Holy mode, and a Sentinel Sigil 3, had 500 defense. I see no reason to try and farm for Sentinel Sigil 5 because I already don't die. My one healing spell can heal from 25% to full in 1 second and I have 8 uses.

 

And it's a shame when you do reach holy/chaos mode, because then you lose the ability to change your appearance, eliminating the already limited customization.

 

 

 

 

Looking at the trophies I've yet to get, it seems simple to get platinum now.

 

Defeat archfiend using only 1 offering (I'll just go back to the first archfiend, easy peasy)

Inflict 5 ailments on an archfiend (Just bring all 5 of the projectile offerings of each element)

Fuse 50 offerings (again, just pick some random ones

Repair 50 offerings (just gotta purposely break ones)

Opened all pages of Librom (gotta read the lore, but that's it)

Start pact with 6 identical offerings (again, just gotta do it)

 

It's not like any of these trophies even take time to do, I could literally go do them all in about 10-20 minutes right now.

 

Matter of fact, I might go do that now XD

 

 


I'm sure there are probably balance issues occuring as this is still a relatively new game and it's hard to balance both sides, especially on time missions.

I do hope that they release patches in the future that will continually adjust the balance of the game, but as they are still in production of new content I don't doubt that they will release a balance change or two.

 

There are actually if I remember correctly(not including the ending boss) 14 or 15 unique boss monsters in the game.

That is without counting the variations of the same monster like the Kraken/Hydra.

I do just want to say I disagree on Griffin and Harpy being the same at all.

 

Well I'm playing a Magic focused user at the moment, so I'm not sure about the Holy side of things.

However, I need more than 6 high level attacks, so that I can switch them out depending on the bosses I face.

 

Just working my way towards Choas mode at the moment(40 life / 59 magic), so I cannot comment on customization after reaching it.

 

After I little searching I did find that it's rumored next month around the 25th we should be getting a new DLC boss to fight for free.

They are still adding more mobs to the games, so just hang with it for awhile it still has a long liife ahead of it.

Message 12 of 20 (422 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice has gotten stale.

May 16, 2013

ValinEndac wrote:


I'm sure there are probably balance issues occuring as this is still a relatively new game and it's hard to balance both sides, especially on time missions.

I do hope that they release patches in the future that will continually adjust the balance of the game, but as they are still in production of new content I don't doubt that they will release a balance change or two.



One thing they could do is introduce survival-type missions, wherein you have to simply survive for X number of minutes. This would give Divine players a huge advantage. Of course that ultimately doesn't make the game balanced, just provides an opposite unbalanced approach, but at least it'd provide something.

Message 13 of 20 (414 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
12342 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice has gotten stale.

May 16, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

I'm having a problem with the "From cover to cover" trophy.

 

I literally opened up the first page, and then just scrolled over and over to the right until I reached the end page.

 

And didn't get the trophy.

 

Does anyone else have this trophy yet?


I don't have it, but did you unlock every side mission? You will have to replay some missions to do the opposite of what you did before (sacrifice or save) to open up the alternate path. If there's another way to play the alternate paths, I did not find it yet.


Yeah, I've cleared every single mission.

 

And apparently according to some people, they started a new game, got to at least where they could access the network, and then flipped through all the pages (even the blotted out ones) and then got the trophy.

 

I'm gonna try that next. But regardless, I've read every page before, I know it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 20 (410 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/04/2012
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice has gotten stale.

May 20, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

I'm having a problem with the "From cover to cover" trophy.

 

I literally opened up the first page, and then just scrolled over and over to the right until I reached the end page.

 

And didn't get the trophy.

 

Does anyone else have this trophy yet?


I don't have it, but did you unlock every side mission? You will have to replay some missions to do the opposite of what you did before (sacrifice or save) to open up the alternate path. If there's another way to play the alternate paths, I did not find it yet.


Yeah, I've cleared every single mission.

 

And apparently according to some people, they started a new game, got to at least where they could access the network, and then flipped through all the pages (even the blotted out ones) and then got the trophy.

 

I'm gonna try that next. But regardless, I've read every page before, I know it.


Iam wondering if ya got the Cover to cover thingy,

I have tried to get mine some times now.

And iam not getting it, even when i made a new save.

So iam wondering if you did got it?

 

Message 15 of 20 (369 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
12342 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice has gotten stale.

May 20, 2013

No, I still haven't gotten it.

 

And considering I've cleared every single pact in the Avalon Pacts section, it can't be that.

 

I've literally opened up the first page and just scrolled continuously until postscript.

 

And then opened the Network page, settings page, Peddler page, etc.

 

Nothing.

 

 

It is the LAST trophy I need.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 20 (366 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 05/10/2012
Offline
44 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice has gotten stale.

May 20, 2013

I love the game myself. Yeah MH had more stuff, but we dont have that game so ill enjoy this one. I do wish they will release new maps and open them up a bit. Make Bosses run when they get low on HP to different areas.

 

I do miss my cooks from MH though

Message 17 of 20 (356 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/31/2007
Offline
1515 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice has gotten stale.

May 21, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

jon1234 wrote:

platinum it


Having to play 100 online games to platinum it is kind of a chore; not one of the best requirements to platinum a game. Same thing happened with RO~.

 

As for SS, the problem is that it lacks the degree of customization MH has. Shallow as it may be, having countless armor sets and weapons to farm materials for keeps you coming. In SS you don't have that and it shows~.


 I see your point, MH battle is what gets me... Im not much of a bean counter. To play to craft would be a little boring to me. With all the games I stop after a long while to see what  I have craft  for a while then get back to the action.
In soul sacrifice  I will most likely not see the point in playing it after I am done with the missions.Im already tired of seeing the same monsters.

 

Message 18 of 20 (338 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/20/2012
Offline
64 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice has gotten stale.

May 21, 2013

I am also trying to platinum, but the one trophy I can not get no matter how I try it is the "unscathed kill in an avalon pact".  I have been unscathed countless times, in multiplayer and single player but it just does not unlock.  I still have quite a few trophies to go nut I just can't seem to unlock that one :smileysad: 

Message 19 of 20 (329 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
12342 posts
 

Re: Soul Sacrifice has gotten stale.

May 21, 2013

J--Villa wrote:

I am also trying to platinum, but the one trophy I can not get no matter how I try it is the "unscathed kill in an avalon pact".  I have been unscathed countless times, in multiplayer and single player but it just does not unlock.  I still have quite a few trophies to go nut I just can't seem to unlock that one :smileysad: 


So you got Cover to Cover?

 

How did you get it? I tried just scrolling and it got nothing.

 

And as for Unscathed kill, remember that you have to do a pact that features an Archfiend (Cerberus, Harpy, etc). Can't just be one of those "Gather shards" ones.

 

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 20 (326 Views)
Reply
0 Likes