Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/14/2007
Online
8394 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/8 Update: Mega Man 9 and 10; God of War Multiplayer Beta: Free for Plus Mem

Jan 9, 2013

JERM7 wrote:

mainkster wrote:

wouldn't be cool if you had 500 comments here too , and they could repy/quote each other instead of saying @386 said ..

 

 


I don't understand the relevance of this post :smileyfrustrated:.  What about 500 comments?  And you can quote, like I just did.  Maybe not on the PS3 browser though.


It refers to the PS BLog post from Morgan about the PS Plus content for the week. It has/had around 500 posts each week. There has been a few back and forth posts between members. They use the @392/Hitman gamer to talk to each other. The issue is that the number is rarely right, here it is obvious whom you are talking to if you use the quote.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 39 (303 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
95 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/8 Update: Mega Man 9 and 10; God of War Multiplayer Beta: Free for Plus Mem

Jan 9, 2013

Nooooooooooooooo, I was hoping for another PS3 Exclusive to IGC instead of inFamous2.:smileysad:

Spoiler
 
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 39 (296 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/14/2007
Online
8394 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/8 Update: Mega Man 9 and 10; God of War Multiplayer Beta: Free for Plus Mem

Jan 9, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I don't think this weeks selection is going to help the perception that some users have of PS+, but it is another selection I don't own so I am satisfied...

What is your perception of PS+?

 

I know what it is being advertised as, and what over the time I've subscribed I have gotten. I'm not sure I would agree with "12 hit games", it would be an opinion about their hit status.

 

Part of the problem with perception I see is what people expect. I think Morgan does an okay job managaing it when needed. I know it's his job to tout the games and I see it as marketing, however a few select blog folks think that the PS+ selection will be Assasins Creed 3 or COD BLOPS2 even week. Is it Playstations fault? Maybe, but some of the blame comes from the user.

 

One point is someone above complains about wanting more fee DLC, so what is the NCAA roster update, not DLC, and not free? Maybe listing the DLC that you might want to see on PS+ wolud be helpful.

 

Lastly, I completely understand that there is no free lunch and that publishers/developers need to agree to give their money away. There are not infinete games for PS3/Vita, parign it down further to friendly publishers, then to games they are willing to promote by giving away free seems to be in low numbers. Would I love to see Mass Effect free? You bet. It wold be difficult to make it happen, so what games we do get I'm thankful for. My current expectations are always fun, often quirky games that have DLC available so that the publisher/developer has the ability to get income from their promoted title.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 39 (294 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/8 Update: Mega Man 9 and 10; God of War Multiplayer Beta: Free for Plus Mem

Jan 10, 2013

TwinDad wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I don't think this weeks selection is going to help the perception that some users have of PS+, but it is another selection I don't own so I am satisfied...

What is your perception of PS+?

 

I know what it is being advertised as, and what over the time I've subscribed I have gotten. I'm not sure I would agree with "12 hit games", it would be an opinion about their hit status.

 

Part of the problem with perception I see is what people expect. I think Morgan does an okay job managaing it when needed. I know it's his job to tout the games and I see it as marketing, however a few select blog folks think that the PS+ selection will be Assasins Creed 3 or COD BLOPS2 even week. Is it Playstations fault? Maybe, but some of the blame comes from the user.

 

One point is someone above complains about wanting more fee DLC, so what is the NCAA roster update, not DLC, and not free? Maybe listing the DLC that you might want to see on PS+ wolud be helpful.

 

Lastly, I completely understand that there is no free lunch and that publishers/developers need to agree to give their money away. There are not infinete games for PS3/Vita, parign it down further to friendly publishers, then to games they are willing to promote by giving away free seems to be in low numbers. Would I love to see Mass Effect free? You bet. It wold be difficult to make it happen, so what games we do get I'm thankful for. My current expectations are always fun, often quirky games that have DLC available so that the publisher/developer has the ability to get income from their promoted title.


Being a subscriber of PS+ from near the beginning, I am satisfied because it is so much better than what it used to be where we would only look forward to 1 PSone game, 1 PSN, and some PS minis per month. If we were lucky we would get a full PS3 game, but that isn't something one would expect to happen that often.

 

What is evident now is that a few AAA Sony published games will be part of the IGC for both platforms for quite a while, since Sony uses those games to help market PS+ to new members. For the most part we will get older PSN games, but we are getting them at a higher frequency than before.

 

I can't really explain why the EU is getting more full retail PS3 games, but there must be a reason we aren't privy to. I do expect to see some full PS3 games that we get, has to do with the sequel being released soon afterwards.

 

I can understand why some of the newer subscribers might be dissapointed in PS+, but older subscribers like myself are likely grateful for the changes...

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 39 (267 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/05/2008
Offline
1245 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/8 Update: Mega Man 9 and 10; God of War Multiplayer Beta: Free for Plus Mem

Jan 10, 2013

Dolphin - That was a great summary.  The only thing I can add is that someone new to the PS3 or Vita should find value in PS+ because they wouldn't have already purchased the games, thus eliminating finding games offered via PS+ that they already own.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 39 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
587 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/8 Update: Mega Man 9 and 10; God of War Multiplayer Beta: Free for Plus Mem

Jan 10, 2013

They said that clearing it with all publishers would be impossible. True! How about YOUR own published titles. Uncharted 3 GOTY would be perfect....it still dosn't contain all content as more is still ne released and people would buy it. PLUS it would be a hell of an incentive to join PS+. Does Sony need to clear itself with itself to release their own published games? The FTOD R&C Trilogy would be great on the store and it's not brand new. Siren blood curse. Twisted Metal and the list goes on especially all the retail games they have yet to bring over. I am talking only about Sony published games so I don't buy the fact they can't clear it with themselves?! Of course they can. For whatever reason they don't want to. The 3 main AAA IGC games are aged by now. Time to step it up. And we don't need 5 Freakin' Dora and Diego games. WTH is wrong with them? I mean really....(shakes head) and there are barely any true RPGs on the store and only 2 with decent metacritic scores. Whatever I am going back to Skyrim. :smileyhappy:



Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 39 (229 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/10/2011
Offline
8 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/8 Update: Mega Man 9 and 10; God of War Multiplayer Beta: Free for Plus Mem

Jan 10, 2013

I actually liked this update, since I've been wanting to play MM9 and 10 for a while, but couldn't bring myself to give money to Capcom with the way they've been handling their franchises recently. Very glad that these two are free for Plus. As of last night I managed to beat both games and got all the trophies for MM10. I know people will complain a lot since this wasn't exactly the "high-quality" free game they were looking for, but I'm at least satisfied this week, even though both games didn't last that long in terms of playtime.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 39 (208 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
Registered: 06/22/2009
Offline
1474 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/8 Update: Mega Man 9 and 10; God of War Multiplayer Beta: Free for Plus Mem

Jan 10, 2013

greenzsaber wrote:

I actually liked this update, since I've been wanting to play MM9 and 10 for a while, but couldn't bring myself to give money to Capcom with the way they've been handling their franchises recently. Very glad that these two are free for Plus. As of last night I managed to beat both games and got all the trophies for MM10. I know people will complain a lot since this wasn't exactly the "high-quality" free game they were looking for, but I'm at least satisfied this week, even though both games didn't last that long in terms of playtime.


Nice job on completing both of those games. They are not easy nuts to crack! 

 

 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo


Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 39 (202 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
Registered: 06/22/2009
Offline
1474 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/8 Update: Mega Man 9 and 10; God of War Multiplayer Beta: Free for Plus Mem

Jan 10, 2013

jcalvert wrote:

Dolphin - That was a great summary.  The only thing I can add is that someone new to the PS3 or Vita should find value in PS+ because they wouldn't have already purchased the games, thus eliminating finding games offered via PS+ that they already own.


Finding a way for people to feel a sense of value from Plus even when the games that update the selection are ones they have, is something that I'm looking into more. But for the time being, the value prop is new games for members, extra discounts, and exclusive features (cloud saves, auto download etc) 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo


Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 39 (201 Views)
Reply
0 Likes