Highlighted
May 16 2012
By: webbut Lombax Warrior 259 posts

Spotify App?

12 replies 3797 views Edited May 16, 2012

I know they already have their own music streaming thing that nobody uses, but am I the only one who thinks it would be awesome if there was a spotify app on the vita?

It would completle the Trifecta of what the Modern Mobile Man needs in his pocket video games, movies, music, all in a device that can make phone calls. THE SONY WALKMAN OF OUR GENERATION!

Also has anyone actually been using Sony's Music Unlimited stuff? Is the free version good? What do you get? Is it comprable to something like Spotify or Grooveshark?

Message 1 of 13 (3,797 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Re: Spotify App?

May 16, 2012

I use Music Unlimited and I love it. It is a good alternative to having music in your Vita's memory (regarding the Offline Mode). And you can use it over 3G. I have the 3G model and tested it and it works fine. It is Netflix you cannot use over 3G. Music Unlimited is 3.99 with the Basic option and it has its limitations.

Premium is 9.99 and it has everything as an option including to making your own playlists and making your own channel (which the Basic cannot do). They add new music and artists every week so you will always have new options to choose and favorite. Music Unlimited is better for those who do not want to actually put music files in their Vita's memory but still listen to their favorite music.

When you do Offline Mode you have to make sure you enable the option first and enable your playlist or channel of your choice to be avialable in offline mode before continuing. Afterwards you can listen to music and multitask while you play a game, app or browser. You CANNOT do it while it is connected through 3G or Wifi since it is loading the information from the online source and therefore it cannot multitask.

Try it out for free and test it out. If you like it pay the Premium option, if not cancel the autocharge option so you won't get charged. It is all a matter of choice. There are some members here that do use Music Unlimited we just don't talk about it since it is not that important or revelant to talk about it. Like I said your choice.

Message 2 of 13 (3,796 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

May 16, 2012

So you can't use any of the versions of it over 3G?

Message 3 of 13 (3,796 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

May 16, 2012

You can use Music Unlimited over 3G regardless if it is the Premium or Basic program. Is that what you were asking?

Message 4 of 13 (3,796 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

May 16, 2012

You can? I never tried it because I read from someone on these forums you couldn't. I might give it a try than. I liked it when I had the free trial on my PS3. So sorry about a wrong information than.

Message 5 of 13 (3,796 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

May 16, 2012

There is no free version, the basic is like $2.99 a month.

Spotify app would be ok for the people that like it.

Message 6 of 13 (3,796 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

May 16, 2012

When it first came out I believe it had a problem with connecting through 3G. I tested it one day and worked just fine. And it is okay for the confusion from your previous post. I thought too that the app could not run through 3G but like I said before it runs well.

Message 7 of 13 (3,796 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 12, 2012

I think it's one of the best ideas if they made a spotify app for the ps vita!!!

Message 8 of 13 (3,599 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 22, 2012

I think that is a great idea! I love Spotify, I use it all the time. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13 (3,526 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jan 11, 2013
i agree! especially because the music database is WAY bigger than the music unlimited... and i already pay for Spotify premium... and have a whole snitchel load of playlists i like and want to keep
Message 10 of 13 (3,279 Views)
0 Likes