Jan 07 2012
By: h2ointolerant First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Spyro: Year of the Dragon won't save on PS3

[ Edited ]
4 replies 2553 views Edited 4 weeks ago

I just got a digital download for Spyro: Year of the Dragon for my daughter on the PSN on the PS3 and it says that it cannot autosave or save in any way.  Is there a way we can override that and get it to save? I've tried putting memory cards in all three of the exernal memory slots up front on the unit but it still says memory card not found.  If there's anyone who can help me with this please let me know. My poor daughter has to start this game over and over again from the beginning every time she wants to play it and she plays it for hours on end. I just hate to see her play a game she will never finish.

Thanks.

Mod Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (2,553 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
22642 posts

Re: Spyro: Year of the Dragon won't save on PS3

Jan 7, 2012

Spyro: Year of the Dragon is a PS1. That means in order to save your progress, you first have to create a PS1 memory card. Here's how;

1. On the XMB go to the Games heading, and select Memory Card Utility.
  2. Select "Create New Internal Memory Card".
  3. You'll see two choices. Highlight PS1 Memory Card, and press X. You'll have to give it a name before you create it.
  4. After you name and create your new PS1 Internal Memory Card, you'll have to assign it a slot. Press the Triangle button. You'll see two headings on the right hand side of the screen. The top should say "Assign Slots", press X and choose "Slot 1"
  5. After the slots are assigned, exit back to the XMB. Your game should detect the memory in slot 1 now.

Any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (2,553 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 8, 2012

Thank you! Your instructions worked perfect. I now have a very happy daughter and we know how to do the memory issue for other games as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (2,553 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

Edit: Fixed it. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (2,080 Views)
0 Likes