I just got a digital download for Spyro: Year of the Dragon for my daughter on the PSN on the PS3 and it says that it cannot autosave or save in any way. Is there a way we can override that and get it to save? I've tried putting memory cards in all three of the exernal memory slots up front on the unit but it still says memory card not found. If there's anyone who can help me with this please let me know. My poor daughter has to start this game over and over again from the beginning every time she wants to play it and she plays it for hours on end. I just hate to see her play a game she will never finish.
Mod Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13
Solved! Go to Solution.
Spyro: Year of the Dragon is a PS1. That means in order to save your progress, you first have to create a PS1 memory card. Here's how;
- On the XMB go to the Games heading, and select Memory Card Utility.
- Select "Create New Internal Memory Card".
- You'll see two choices. Highlight PS1 Memory Card, and press X. You'll have to give it a name before you create it.
- After you name and create your new PS1 Internal Memory Card, you'll have to assign it a slot. Press the Triangle button. You'll see two headings on the right hand side of the screen. The top should say "Assign Slots", press X and choose "Slot 1"
- After the slots are assigned, exit back to the XMB. Your game should detect the memory in slot 1 now.
Any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.
i never had a ps so i could never use the memory card for ps2 lol.. it took me years to beat this game in one sitting before buying it on ps store.
but i got lazy and stopped at that ice level lol, beating the game in one day was good enough for me