Fender Bender
2709 posts

Re: Starhawk Wednesday Community Event and Weekly Challenge!

Mar 25, 2013

A-JumpingJack wrote:

Pilmco hasn't been here lately not sure why though.

pilgrim will probably get on later... hes never usually here on the weekends

Message 3871 of 7,723 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2709 posts

Mar 25, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

So what is the learning curve in SH?  Haven't used mine yet, free from PLUS, but it looks interesting.

I would also have to buy the online pass.  I guess what I am wondering, is it so complex, I will have to endure getting my butt handed for me for a while, or does it pick up pretty quick?

Any feedback is great.  Hi PLYMCO.Smiley Happy

Moble

i never thought i'd see you post here...

did you get the whole game for free, or just 1 portion of it??

Message 3872 of 7,723 (334 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 25, 2013

BlueKnight345 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

So what is the learning curve in SH?  Haven't used mine yet, free from PLUS, but it looks interesting.

I would also have to buy the online pass.  I guess what I am wondering, is it so complex, I will have to endure getting my butt handed for me for a while, or does it pick up pretty quick?

Moble

There is a definite learning curve especially with the Hawks, try sticking to arena, or Groundpounder loadouts. You will know

what I am talking about when you go to enter a match it will say what mode it is like CTF, or TDM, DM, etc. You will also

unlock new skills the more you play. I recommend giving it a shot. I just picked it up in February and I enjoy the game very

much. Also you can go to practice mode and learn to fly. There are also plenty of people here who will help you out.

That helps out a lot.  Thank you.  I have about $20+ in my wallet, burning a hole in my pocket.Smiley LOL

Thinking the SH Online pass might be a worthy purchase to delegate the $20.00 to.  I am pretty sure that is the price, but correct me if I am wrong on that.

I always notice this area gets a little heated, and it has always piqued my interest.  This game must be pretty good, to be getting all this attention.Smiley Wink  Looking to come out of my single player shell with more than BF and COD.Smiley LOL

Moble

Message 3873 of 7,723 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 25, 2013

a_leenail1992 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

PLUS gave me the Single Player Campaign.  Not sure what else I would need, other than the Online Pass.

I will hold off on any other DLC, until I feel comfortable in the game, of course.  I will be coming at it in a beginner level after all, and I don't think loading up on new maps, or anything else would help me out to start.

I got all the free skins through PLUS as well, but I generally don't care what my character looks like, or what the vehicles look like.  I like game play, and am not into customization that does not increase abilities and firepower.

Moble

Message 3874 of 7,723 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Mar 25, 2013
He is hun'in turks.
Message 3875 of 7,723 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1991 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Actually your plus membership gave you the single player for free. The MP is $20 off the store but the online pass,if you bought a used copy, is $9.99. Learning curve for the vehicles can be pretty steep but it is picked up relatively quickly. I you need some help in the hawk just let me know and i can show you the basics.

Photobucket
Message 3876 of 7,723 (323 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Mar 25, 2013
Um....the curve isnt bad. It depends on what you play.

Story=A lengthy tutorial

I think if you buy MP online, you dont have to purchase an online pass.
Message 3877 of 7,723 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Mar 25, 2013
Ill teach ya how to drive a Tank!

Hmm. Well you can kinda teach yourself...
Message 3878 of 7,723 (316 Views)
Fender Bender
2709 posts

Mar 25, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

a_leenail1992 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

PLUS gave me the Single Player Campaign.  Not sure what else I would need, other than the Online Pass.

I will hold off on any other DLC, until I feel comfortable in the game, of course.  I will be coming at it in a beginner level after all, and I don't think loading up on new maps, or anything else would help me out to start.

I got all the free skins through PLUS as well, but I generally don't care what my character looks like, or what the vehicles look like.  I like game play, and am not into customization that does not increase abilities and firepower.

Moble

best recommendation: buy the multiplayer online. it should be 20 dollars. no pass needed.

Message 3879 of 7,723 (314 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 25, 2013

a_leenail1992 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

a_leenail1992 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

Moble

best recommendation: buy the multiplayer online. it should be 20 dollars. no pass needed.

That is what I figured.  I think I will play the campaign for a minute to get used to the controls, then take the plunge.

Not sure I have the time available for the Wednesday Night Events, but who knows.

I am sure you guys would not mind having an easy target either.Smiley Very Happy

Moble

Message 3880 of 7,723 (304 Views)
0 Likes