Reply
Sep 15 2012
By: magicx11 Sackboy 582 posts
Offline

Still No Borderlands 2 On The VITA?!

35 replies 1707 views Edited Sep 15, 2012

**bleep** sony? Gearbox already told you that they would like to have Borderlands 2 on the VITA, but yet you havent make any announcement or show any signs that your trying to make a port.

 

does anyone know (or have any info) if SONY of making a port of the game?

 

http://www.examiner.com/article/borderlands-2-now-available-for-preload-on-steam-more-talk-on-ps-vit...

Message 1 of 36 (1,707 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
2032 posts
 

Re: Still No Borderlands 2 On The VITA?!

Sep 15, 2012

even if sony announced that they are going to make a blands 2, it would still take about 2 years to develop.  They should just enable remote play and call it a day.

Message 2 of 36 (1,684 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/06/2012
Offline
200 posts
 

Re: Still No Borderlands 2 On The VITA?!

Sep 15, 2012
Man apparently all you have to do is have the power to believe and sparkle some pixie dust for a game to be created and appear on the Vita right away.

I rather have Sony make brand new unique experiences like Tear Away than keep working on many more console ports.
Message 3 of 36 (1,676 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/21/2005
Offline
1243 posts
 

Re: Still No Borderlands 2 On The VITA?!

Sep 15, 2012
Why is it Sony's job to port Gearbox's game to the Vita? If Gearbox wants Border Lands 2 on the Vita they should make it for the Vita.


Message 4 of 36 (1,667 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/02/2000
Offline
1700 posts
 

Re: Still No Borderlands 2 On The VITA?!

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

WoolySpud wrote:
Why is it Sony's job to port Gearbox's game to the Vita? If Gearbox wants Border Lands 2 on the Vita they should make it for the Vita.

Because there is no way that Gearbox would profit from a game on the Vita due to the incredibly small install base.

 

Sony has already been quoted saying they want to reduce console ports on the handheld so I simply don't see "Borderlands 2" happening, nor should any Vita gamer want that to happen.  If you want Borderlands 2, get the best version, buy it on PC.

 

What should happen is a top-down Alien Swarm-style title in the borderlands universe.  4-player co-op isometric shooter with persistent stats online/offline.

Message 5 of 36 (1,659 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/21/2005
Offline
1243 posts
 

Re: Still No Borderlands 2 On The VITA?!

Sep 15, 2012

Salesmunn wrote:

WoolySpud wrote:
Why is it Sony's job to port Gearbox's game to the Vita? If Gearbox wants Border Lands 2 on the Vita they should make it for the Vita.

Because there is no way that Gearbox would profit from a game on the Vita due to the incredibly small install base.

 ...


That doesn't in any way make it Sony's job or responsibility to port gearbox's game to the Vita. If gearbox doesnt want to put the time and effort into porting it for any reason but still wants the game on the vita, its gearbox's responsibility to contract out and pay another studio to do the port.



Message 6 of 36 (1,646 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/13/2012
Offline
582 posts
 

Re: Still No Borderlands 2 On The VITA?!

Sep 15, 2012

WoolySpud wrote:

Salesmunn wrote:

WoolySpud wrote:
Why is it Sony's job to port Gearbox's game to the Vita? If Gearbox wants Border Lands 2 on the Vita they should make it for the Vita.

Because there is no way that Gearbox would profit from a game on the Vita due to the incredibly small install base.

 ...


That doesn't in any way make it Sony's job or responsibility to port gearbox's game to the Vita. If gearbox doesnt want to put the time and effort into porting it for any reason but still wants the game on the vita, its gearbox's responsibility to contract out and pay another studio to do the port.


like Activision did with COB declassified?. no thanks. I'll just take the remote play path and call it the day.

Message 7 of 36 (1,640 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 05/07/2009
Offline
2613 posts
 

Re: Still No Borderlands 2 On The VITA?!

Sep 16, 2012

This stuff takes time. Sure the process of changing the game to work on Vita doesn't take more then a week if all efforts went to it, but then you got to compress the game so it can fit on a 4GB Cartridge so that you can buy it. That takes more time and you got to make sure it works well.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 8 of 36 (1,595 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/14/2005
Offline
1628 posts
 

Re: Still No Borderlands 2 On The VITA?!

Sep 16, 2012

Hmmkay. Let's see a show of hands. Who all cares?

Message 9 of 36 (1,590 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/22/2012
Offline
1532 posts
 

Re: Still No Borderlands 2 On The VITA?!

Sep 16, 2012

Arliman wrote:

Hmmkay. Let's see a show of hands. Who all cares?


Great Idea, But how can I show you that I show my hand via the Internet?

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 10 of 36 (1,586 Views)
Reply
0 Likes