Jul 3, 2013
Pro instruments very expensive btw
Message 51 of 57 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Re: Stopping Obsession of Trophies

Jul 3, 2013

When i was younger i'd love to explore all corners and crannies of the games that i played, trophies/achievements didn't exist at that time yet. During those times it felt like an adventure going into places the game didn't told you to go and it was fun.

Now sometimes i still go for some because i felt challenged but when i look at most of the trophies now its just garbage and just stops me from really enjoying the game.

Message 52 of 57 (168 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15582 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Trophies for me are a sign of how much I enjoyed a game. If I enjoy it I'll platinum it, If I don't enjoy it, I wont waste my time.

Yes I did really enjoy Terminator Salvation....

lol... you got it cause it was an easy platinum

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 53 of 57 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10070 posts

Jul 3, 2013

ycanaan27 wrote:
Why do we platinum games

for the same reason people played Mario 64 to collect every single star on every single level, the same reason why people completed every single quest & side quests in the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time.....

the only difference between then and now, there is something that shows others you've spent that time to get everything out of the game

Message 54 of 57 (144 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14022 posts

Jul 3, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Ok, if you look at my signature, I'm a bit of a trophy nut. Is that ok? 

I don't really know. I remember how I used to play with my PS One and PS2 games for fun. And when I discovered trophies, I developed an obession of them. Is there any cure for this? 

No. There's no cure, just go with it.  However you can just play games with no trophies (the early PS3 games and PS mini's) or play PS1/PS2 classics. But if you want any current or future PS3 or PS4 games, you must accept that trophies are here to stay.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 55 of 57 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jul 5, 2013

There is no such thing as stopping this obsession. It pretty much is a must have for me to play a video game. Except for the last of us.... It could have no trophies or anything and I would still have put over 30 hours into it. (which is alot for me)

We all have our lives to live. Chill and enjoy the ride. Take into consideration the situations the people around you are facing. Live Long and Prosper.
Message 56 of 57 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
96 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Ok so trophies are all good now
Message 57 of 57 (114 Views)
0 Likes