Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Re: TMNT: Out of the Shadows release date?

Apr 17, 2014

I confirm the game bundle (trial ver. + unlocking key) has been released on EU store the 16th of April, Wednesday 2:00 pm. the game suffers very severe bugs and data corruption, when you try to connect online, the console just returns to psn menu...

Message 21 of 45 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25327 posts

Apr 17, 2014

anyone play it yet on PSN? any good or still poop?

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. Smiley Tongue

Get your Portable ID!
Message 22 of 45 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2014

I did, the game ain't a masterpiece but neither is that bad. Graphic got ups and downs, well honestly more downs, but for being a psn game it's all ordinary. The gameplay is really various. There are a lot of moves and combos, you actually don't have to parry or block incoming enemies moves, but you can counter and execute stylish moves or you can perform a team move, depending on which teenage turtle you are close to. The game got two different play ground approaches the firts one "stealth" type you can kill all the thugs or let that the AI does it by itself without command it, you can switch between turtle by simply pressing the d pad. Each order corresponds to a character to use, for instance up leonardo, down rapheal etc if you press onward the same button you can also taunt.

The game allows an online co-op mode up for 4 ppl and it appears to be very fun, but sadly it suffers a some kind of corruption bug that doesn't let to join any game or select a match to join only story mode and off line. But nothing than a good patch could not solve.

If you have any questions, ask away.

MIA_Philly wrote:

anyone play it yet on PSN? any good or still poop?

Message 23 of 45 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Apr 17, 2014

Testosterone wrote:
Yeah, that's dumb. There isn't even an option to download a trial.

This can lead to the possability of a trial coming in the future.

Message 24 of 45 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 17, 2014

They posted this on the fb page September 26, 2013.

""We definitely care about the fans - that's why we're polishing the game further.

As was originally planned, a demo will release day-and-date with the title on PSN. While a standalone early demo is a neat idea, that's not how it's currently set up, and we're making sure all pistons are firing on getting the full PSN game up and running as soon as possible. If we siphoned away resources to push out an early demo, we'd risk delaying the game further -- and we're as eager as anyone to get the full PSN experience out to fans ASAP.""

So where is the demo? Should be there. I heard the game is as bad as the 360 and STEAM versions which is lame cause they delayed it to fix it. Hope a demo and a patch comes to psn soon also hope 360 and STEAM get a patch.

Message 25 of 45 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014

@NotEnoughHeart
Good question, you should go ask them. Good luck with that because their Facebook post in October 2013 had about 2000 comments and questions and they didn't bother to communicate with anyone for 6 months. If you get a response then you will be the first one.

The last part of their post says they want to get the game out as soon as possible and making a demo would delay the game. The way I understand that post is that they will make a demo after the game releases.

I'm not buying the game until it goes on sale. Never pay full price for a delayed game. Red Fly has ticked off a lot of possible customers so I don't think it will be too long before it has a price reduction. They shot themselves in the foot.

BTW, I'm pretty sure there are a couple of reviews out there by now. I watched one yesterday and I also watched someone stream it from their PS3 on twitch. It still has some glitches but nowhere near as bad as PC and Xbox. But what do you expect for a $15 game made by a company that only has a handful of mobile games under their belt? I'm not expecting to be blown away.

Message 26 of 45 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2696 posts

Apr 18, 2014

I just bought the game last night.  I'm trying so hard to like it Smiley Indifferent.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the game is pretty.. garbage.  I grew up a turtles fan and loved the oldschool arcade and snes versions.  Bought this one for the "nostalgia".

Compared to the other Turtle games, this one does not live up to them.  If you thought Re-Shelled was bad, this one's no better Smiley Indifferent  I usually defend anything "TMNT", but this is..... ieuugwrjnirgbaeree35r3  not good so far lol. IMO

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 27 of 45 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Apr 18, 2014

dc4daniel wrote:

I just bought the game last night.  I'm trying so hard to like it Smiley Indifferent.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the game is pretty.. garbage.  I grew up a turtles fan and loved the oldschool arcade and snes versions.  Bought this one for the "nostalgia".

Compared to the other Turtle games, this one does not live up to them.  If you thought Re-Shelled was bad, this one's no better Smiley Indifferent  I usually defend anything "TMNT", but this is..... ieuugwrjnirgbaeree35r3  not good so far lol. IMO

I agree with you, it's a pretty bad game to add to the TMNT library, but I'm also going to get it just for nostalgia.

Message 28 of 45 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014

NotEnoughHeart wrote:

They posted this on the fb page September 26, 2013.

""We definitely care about the fans - that's why we're polishing the game further.

As was originally planned, a demo will release day-and-date with the title on PSN. While a standalone early demo is a neat idea, that's not how it's currently set up, and we're making sure all pistons are firing on getting the full PSN game up and running as soon as possible. If we siphoned away resources to push out an early demo, we'd risk delaying the game further -- and we're as eager as anyone to get the full PSN experience out to fans ASAP.""

So where is the demo? Should be there. I heard the game is as bad as the 360 and STEAM versions which is lame cause they delayed it to fix it. Hope a demo and a patch comes to psn soon also hope 360 and STEAM get a patch.

That is definitely interesting, so you base your thought on others ones, without even have your own, just wow. I have got the game and if somebody would just read my posts, instead than ignore my reviews in pills, probably he would understand something about how the game really is.

As I said, graphically is not excellent yeah, but the gameplay conserves almost the same spirit of the old arcade series. The enemies are always overwhelming, it is actually pretty technical, because counters are not an easy thing the battles are freneticals and each teenage turtles got their personal moves and fighting style.

There are thugs gangs, there are the clan of Foot, Shredder and like in Scott's Pilgrim vs the world, because the game got resemblances with that title, they progressively will add new characters as DLC, if somebody could just remember Casey Jones... then perhaps even Rocksteady and Bebop wthey might be released.

This game is made for fans and only them will appreciate that, the others won't. However, Activision never failed to develop a game until now so far, so under the mediocre surface, this game can gives lot of fun if played in co-op as I said while I was stating my impressions.

Message 29 of 45 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014

ADEPTUS_276 wrote:

This game is made for fans and only them will appreciate that, the others won't. However, Activision never failed to develop a game until now so far, so under the mediocre surface, this game can gives lot of fun if played in co-op as I said while I was stating my impressions.

Yes the game is made for the fans and we will gladly play it because we haven't had a TMNT game for a long time. So we will play it for now in order to get our "FIX"

Just to clarify, the game is published under Activision but developed by Red Fly. Activision also had Red Fly working on some other projects but they were canceled. It is unclear whether they were canceled because of budgeting and whatnot or because of the nightmare development process of TMNT on all platforms.

I doubt they will have DLC for this game. They are probably just glad to have it out on PS3 and want to move on.

Here is Red Fly

http://redflygames.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=7&Itemid=101

Message 30 of 45 (151 Views)
0 Likes