Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Re: TMNT: Out of the Shadows release date?

Apr 18, 2014

Testosterone wrote:

ADEPTUS_276 wrote:

This game is made for fans and only them will appreciate that, the others won't. However, Activision never failed to develop a game until now so far, so under the mediocre surface, this game can gives lot of fun if played in co-op as I said while I was stating my impressions.

Yes the game is made for the fans and we will gladly play it because we haven't had a TMNT game for a long time. So we will play it for now in order to get our "FIX"

Just to clarify, the game is published under Activision but developed by Red Fly. Activision also had Red Fly working on some other projects but they were canceled. It is unclear whether they were canceled because of budgeting and whatnot or because of the nightmare development process of TMNT on all platforms.

I doubt they will have DLC for this game. They are probably just glad to have it out on PS3 and want to move on.

Here is Red Fly

http://redflygames.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=7&Itemid=101

Do not misunderstand me, the game must be fixed no matter what. In fact is affected by several glitches in multiplayer online also I never said I like that as it is.

The game will have for sure DLCs because it is confirmed on facebook page of the game, the developers just said to the fans that if they want Casey Jones, they will give them him. And frankly in A TMNT game that chara can't miss.

Message 31 of 45 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014

Breaking news: this game, is totally

ADEPTUS_276 wrote:

Testosterone wrote:

ADEPTUS_276 wrote:

This game is made for fans and only them will appreciate that, the others won't. However, Activision never failed to develop a game until now so far, so under the mediocre surface, this game can gives lot of fun if played in co-op as I said while I was stating my impressions.

Yes the game is made for the fans and we will gladly play it because we haven't had a TMNT game for a long time. So we will play it for now in order to get our "FIX"

Just to clarify, the game is published under Activision but developed by Red Fly. Activision also had Red Fly working on some other projects but they were canceled. It is unclear whether they were canceled because of budgeting and whatnot or because of the nightmare development process of TMNT on all platforms.

I doubt they will have DLC for this game. They are probably just glad to have it out on PS3 and want to move on.

Here is Red Fly

http://redflygames.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=7&Itemid=101

Do not misunderstand me, the game must be fixed no matter what. In fact is affected by several glitches in multiplayer online also I never said I like that as it is.

The game will have for sure DLCs because it is confirmed on facebook page of the game, the developers just said to the fans that if they want Casey Jones, they will give them him. And frankly in A TMNT game that chara can't miss.

Breaking news: this game is totally unplayable without checkpoints. Each chapter is long and quite challenging, without them the game it is so frustrating...

Message 32 of 45 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1983 posts

Apr 18, 2014

I a fan of TMNT but I dont know if the game would be good for me.  If I can get around 5 or 6 likes ( not here but with comments about it I mean).  Then I could buy it. Its not that expensive so I wont lose a huge amount like on a 60 bucks game.

Proud Member Of The PlayStation LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
Extra Life page. Help me help others. Thanks.
http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=portal.fundraisingPage
Message 33 of 45 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014

the game ain't a masterpiece but neither is that bad. Graphic got ups and downs, well honestly more downs, but for being a psn game it's all ordinary. The gameplay is really various. There are a lot of moves and combos, you actually don't have to parry or block incoming enemies moves, but you can counter and execute stylish moves or you can perform a team move, depending on which teenage turtle you are close to. The game got two different play ground approaches the firts one "stealth" type you can kill all the thugs or let that the AI does it by itself without command it, you can switch between turtle by simply pressing the d pad. Each order corresponds to a character to use, for instance up leonardo, down rapheal etc if you press onward the same button you can also taunt.

The game allows an online co-op mode up for 4 ppl and it appears to be very fun, but sadly it suffers a some kind of corruption bug that doesn't let to join any game or select a match to join only story mode and off line. But nothing than a good patch could not solve.

If you have any questions, ask away.

Those were my impressions so far from a previous post. I don't feel like to suggest that, so long i have not clarify all your doubts. The game is really fun in co-op mode, but badly need to be fixed. the scenario is not totally interactive turtles cannot destroy some parts of that like cars, but can jump, roll, swing and moves change a lot everytime you perform an attack.

the totally absence of checkpoint makes the game very hard and frustrating, but so long that you have got a fellow partner, there is no problem. the game is bugged and so it is online sometimes, but almost all the historical enemies you have encountered in the previous games are in. this game is not beautiful but sometimes it's fun, my overall evaluation is no more than 7 to being generous. Besides for being the first ps3 game based on TMNT series it is a fair experiment

Message 34 of 45 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Apr 18, 2014

The game comes off as clunky but, if you take what I'm  writing  into consideration, you'll understand how the system works.

I'll give a few pointers of how the system works, tips, and the control scheme. It's not just senseless button mashing.

When being attacked enemies show a white, gold, green,or red aura around them.

White is easy to block and is one attack.

Gold is a combo with white as it's finisher (keep countering and you'll be fine)

Green is a power attack. There are two stages to countering these right before the enemy launches the attack and right before it connects. The better version is before the launch the weaker is as it connects.

Red is blockable on some enemies just don't expect to be able to attack until it's done. Red is also unblockable on enemies. I suggest evade or go full offensive on the enemy (not more than 1) capable of unblockables.

The camera is a fighter. It's not all that good in tight places or even setting itself in the right position to see oncoming attacks. Alot of off-screen power attacks create a "old school" difficulty. In short, they're cheap.

Each Turtle has a special weapon made by Donettello you need weapon points to use.

There are 3 game modes. Arcade mode (side scrolling),Challenge Mode (Round 1-4 across several stages great for learning how to play and it also gives you ability points to upgrade your turtles), Story Mode (split screen, single, or online).

Square to use your weapon, triangle to do kick combos, circle to counter (if two enemies attack at once double tap to counter), X to evade. R2 is your combat modifier, if you hold R2 and quarter circle,half circle, to full circle during combat, your turtle will perform a 90, 180, to 360 attack. Using R2 and the moves that go with it, depend on how you upgrade your turtle (It'll tell you how to use your moves.)

There are three special move bars. First is for 90 degrree, second 180, third 360. You can use three 90 degree attacks with three bars or you can use one 180 attack and one 90 degreee attack or you can deplete all three with 360 attack.

In combos, if you make it to 10 consecutive attacks, the color will change depending on the turtle you're using then you can do one Turtle power knock out attack TPKO. It's a stylish attack. 

As you upgrade your moves you'll be able to do more damage and alter the ending to moves to increase the effectiveness of the moves.

There are side items like shurikens and other items that you can use in a jam. I usually forget them but, the difficulty of the game spikes to the point where it'd be best to use the items for an advantage.

Team attacks are also available and sometimes performing a TPKO can initiate a team ko. There are still alot of moves I haven't seen and alot of things I haven't experienced (Chapter 2). So, I'll let that be a surprise for you lot. Have fun.

Message 35 of 45 (78 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 18, 2014

so did fix the bugs?

Message 36 of 45 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Apr 18, 2014

sices4ever wrote:

so did fix the bugs?

No they did not release any fixing patch yet and I also want to add that if you and your team lose, you have to restart the level, indipendently than how far you went. For instance, if you lose against the powered mousers you have to restart the whole chapter, because the lack of checkpoints. I have reached the boss of the second chapter myself with three random ppl we were annihilited and then we had to restart the whole chapter that is over than 30 mins, again...

Message 37 of 45 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Apr 18, 2014
I don't understand why people think that Red Fly is going to release DLC based an a comment they posted on Facebook a year ago. We should remember that they ignored every single comment on that page for 7 months.

They promised to have DLC, but they also promised to fix all the bugs, and look what they produced. Do people really think they're getting DLC? They hear what they want to.
Message 38 of 45 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014

Testosterone wrote:
I don't understand why people think that Red Fly is going to release DLC based an a comment they posted on Facebook a year ago. We should remember that they ignored every single comment on that page for 7 months.

They promised to have DLC, but they also promised to fix all the bugs, and look what they produced. Do people really think they're getting DLC? They hear what they want to.

Understand this, DLC are not concerning the bugs. The game were not in worldwide release, the developers were simply waiting the distribution of the game, as I trust they will not leave the things as they are, since TMNT it is a strong brand, they will fix that as soon as they can.

Also if you would going to read on ps store the game description, you would finally understand that the game supports "networks features" over than online multiplaying, which they are most probably adds on, hope that will make you less skeptical.

Message 39 of 45 (58 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 18, 2014

I won't even conisder getting the game until its fixed and we get a demo. They said a demo would release day and date with the game which means it should've came out with the game. This wasn't the first TMNT game for PS3. TMNT Re-Shelled was. The only real problem I had with that game was when you died at a boss some of their health got refilled other than that it was fun. redfly is a bad developer. Just look how they've handled things with this game. A lot of people are asking for fixes and a demo and are going unanswered. Its frustrating cause I was really looking forward to this game then it got delaid to be "fixed" and its not fixed.

Message 40 of 45 (111 Views)
0 Likes