Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Re: Teamwork vs. Individuality In Starhawk

Dec 31, 2012
I know this is an old thread, but.....

I had the WORST teamate yesterday. Well, maybe not the worst. The one guy on my team thought he was the commander because he had the loudest voice.he yelled at my team and told us to not build bunkers, vehicles, or walls. He said it was best just to use outpost spam and turrent spam. When other players started building different things, he destroyed them. Since he told us not to protect our base, and just attack the enemy's with outpost spam, our flag was unprotected. We lost bad.

Solution: let the supert command your team.
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 47 (186 Views)
PlayStation MVP
47999 posts

Dec 31, 2012

thesupertman wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but.....

I had the WORST teamate yesterday. Well, maybe not the worst. The one guy on my team thought he was the commander because he had the loudest voice.he yelled at my team and told us to not build bunkers, vehicles, or walls. He said it was best just to use outpost spam and turrent spam. When other players started building different things, he destroyed them. Since he told us not to protect our base, and just attack the enemy's with outpost spam, our flag was unprotected. We lost bad.

Solution: let the supert command your team.

Or mute that guy :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 47 (179 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1172 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I had a "teammate" like that a while back.

He made a fort around our flag on Basin that when I tried to return the enemy flag I couldn't get in to cap it. Of course the build limit was maxed out so I couldn't build something tall enough to easily jump into the flag platform. This was before the Grizzly suit was available by the way.

He then screamed at me to figure it out. His master plan was to climb to the top of the bunker and with a little luck and at just the right spot you could hop to an edge of one of the wall sections.

Of couse the other team just flew in grabbed our flag, hopped back out with their Hawk and made off with our flag, no problem.

When I turned one of our walls into a gate he kicked me from the game. He did me a favor. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 47 (177 Views)
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2012

I agree with  CRO NOSM1-BUBA

This is how i feel about Starhawk too. There is no incentive for teamwork. The potential is there of course, but LBI doesn't funnel the players towards this goal.

I still strongly feel that the Hawk, as bad **bleep** as it is, is just to high and above every other apsect of the game. Its a game within itself.
And peoples actions at Starhawks release was evidence of this. Gravitating towards more ground servers.

The shame is that there is still so much that can be done to the game as it exists.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 47 (156 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7938 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I believe it was on the Christmas Carnage CTF server last night that I was in 3-1/2 rounds where the game ended in a 0-0 draw every time.  It seemed like everyone was more interested in playing it like a TDM game, because even when someone grabbed an enemy flag, they continued to try to fight (and of course died and dropped the flag only a few feet from the flagstand).  I was playing with Squad Leader as my active skill, and there were only a couple of instances where someone used my location as a spawn point.

The fourth full mission, I activated Turret Jammer (which rocks, btw), grabbed some prox mines and built myself a Grizzly.  With Turret Jammer active, I was able to sneak in the back way (dropping a full load of R-Secs to set up my escape route) and regularly grabbed the flag, backtracked the way I came in, jumped back in my Grizzly and managed to make it a little further each time before being tracked down and strafed by an enemy hawk.  Still, I was getting no help from my team.

On my fifth or sixth run, however, I changed up my strategy a little.  Instead of running in all the way, I dropped on a teammate's spawn as his hawk passed by directly over the enemy flag, grabbed the flag, ran out the back way, built my grizzly on the run and managed to escape.  It was at this point that teammates took notice and started taking out my pursuers, allowing me to score a flag capture.

The next run was nearly as successful.  I was killed before I was able to build a Grizzly, but I had carried the flag far enough that a couple of teammates kept it in play long enough for me to get back (again by dropping on a teammate's SL spawn point).  Being the team player that I am, I built myself a Grizzly, caught up to the guy carrying the flag (who either didn't have the Grizzly or didn't have enough Rift to build one), jumped out of my Grizzly and let him have it.  We ended up winning the match 2-0.

Teamwork really does rock in Starhawk.  I wish I had a working Mic.  I have the Wireless Stereo headset, but apparently don't have it set up properly somehow, because I have a speaker next to my name, and it shows that I'm talking, but it appears that nobody can hear me.  Either that, or I'm just being ignored.  I guess it could happen since I am a level 27 (nearly 28) unaligned mercenary... :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 47 (133 Views)
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Most don't know it but you can use almost any old phone Bluetooth headset. Just in case you have one laying around. Played a few months before I realized this.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 47 (128 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7938 posts

Dec 31, 2012

ballsmakinze wrote:
Most don't know it but you can use almost any old phone Bluetooth headset. Just in case you have one laying around. Played a few months before I realized this.

I figured you could do that, and I have a couple of old BT headsets around here somewhere.  I'm pretty sure my mic is working, I'm just being ignored.  Of course, I haven't played a 'true' team match yet; I've been spending most of my time in the random 'public' servers with the screaming kids, barking dogs and yes, the singing...  oy vey!

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 47 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 31, 2012
make sure PTT is off too.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 47 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7938 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I have dogs that bark too much to leave PTT off...  I don't want to be broadcasting all my frustration, either... too many kids play that don't need to hear that kind of language.  :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 47 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47999 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

ballsmakinze wrote:

yeah i used a jabra bt-125 for years, its the one that came bundled with warhawk and it was awesome at the time.

A lot of people's headsets are very quiet BBurgSteve, next time you are in a server with one of us speak up and ask one of us to respond so you know if you have that "quiet" headset issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 47 (110 Views)
0 Likes