Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Mar 08 2010
By: tex20y249 First Son 25 posts
Offline

Tekken 7 improvements *Spoiler *

[ Edited ]
102 replies 23642 views Edited Mar 11, 2014

In the last game Tekken 6, for close minded people this might have been a great game. However, the world is not filled with closed minded people. Many people have played Tekken 6 and find the game to be very disappointing. Any causal gamer finds Tekken 6 to be one of the most disappointing games in the new generation era.

,

 

,

First of all, Scenario Campaign mode was the worst thing that could ever happen in Tekken 6. Scenario Campaign mode does not fit this game. It feels like a bad 3d imitation of Fighting Force. The player is forced to endure this mode to unlock everything in the game. That is horrible Namco. You, Namco are chasing away the causal gamer. The player loses interest after they lost a ton of times. Namco forced Scenario Campaign mode and the causal gamer wanted to make money another way. Scenario Campaign is the only thing that Tekken 6 has to offer to make serious money?  In Tekken 7 the causal gamer will not tolerate Scenario Campaign mode if it has little or no lock system.  Namco you need to take Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign (without the behind-the-back camera) and do not incorporate it into the main game in Tekken 7. This mode should be optional to the player.

,

 

,

In addition, the ranking system in Tekken 6 was downright intolerable.  Players whom played Tekken 5 DR online for PS3 had a better experience because of the  ranking system. Players in Tekken 5 had the freedom to rank up in Tekken 5 online and offline. In Tekken 6 once a player reaches First Dan, the player is forced to play online to continue to rank up. That is unfair to anyone who doesn’t wish to participate on online activates in Tekken 6. The casual gamer will not tolerate playing a lagging online all day just to rank up. Namco please return the ranking system like it was in Tekken 5 in the new game Tekken 7. Online should be treated like a bonus feature in Tekken 7.

,

 

,

Furthermore, the causal gamer should not be trapped in the corner in endless juggles in Tekken 7. The game should have a juggle escape move or something like that. The causal gamer should also have a guard breaker attack to stop coward players from blocking attacks all day. Tekken 7 needs to appeal to the casual gamer. The fact that Tekken 6 still don't have a tag battle is inexcusable. Since Tekken 5 and 6 already feature most of the characters from the entire series, all that's needed to would be a simple Tag mode. If Dead or Alive can do it, Tekken can as well. In addition the tag team mode should be like it was in Soul Calibur 4. Whoever team is eliminate loses.  Dojo mode needs to return because that allows the player to practice more. Practice mode need command attack back in Tekken 7.

,

 

,

 

,

Finally, Character customization needs to be upgraded. The character customization in Tekken 6 was too limited. The causal gamer is sick of the Character Customization system. It is no fun and very lame. The causal gamer can only customize current characters and the items in the game are way too expensive. In Tekken 6 the causal gamer was unable to change the color skin of the character and the causal gamer was stuck with whoever is in the game. Namco you try to fool the causal gamer with tricks like  selling the same item with different colors.  That is unacceptable. Tekken 7 needs character creation. The causal game wants to make a representation of themselves and their made up characters that they imagine. Character Creation brings massive replay value to any game regardless how good or bad a game is. In Tekken 7 the player could have the right to create his or her own unique character. The character creation should be like Soul Calibur’s but with more features. The player should have the right to create a character and customize the characters face, skin color, size, personally, age, gender, fighting style, create combs, clothing, jewelry hair style, voice, and starting intro at the beginning of the match for the created character.  Warning, do not pull a character customization Namco. The casual gamers want character creation.

,

 

,

Now with all of the features that the causal gamer wants, this is for a Tekken 7 to be the best fighting game of the new gen. Failure to satisfy the causal gamer demands will result in another defeat for the Tekken franchise. If Tekken 7 is the last game let it be the best game not the worst.

,

 

Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

 

 

Message 2 of 103 (23,642 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/15/2009
Offline
2241 posts
 

Re: Tekken 7 improvement Petition *Spoiler *

Mar 8, 2010

Tekken 6 was a huge let down. That's all I have to say.








Message 1 of 103 (23,642 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/19/2009
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: Tekken 7 improvement Petition *Spoiler *

Mar 9, 2010

Tekken 6 is a great game.  If you want to be good at it. stop complaining and learn the damn game.  Boards dont hit back lol

Message 3 of 103 (23,642 Views)
First Son
Registered: 10/17/2008
Offline
20 posts
 

Re: Tekken 7 improvement Petition *Spoiler *

Mar 10, 2010

he causal gamer should also have a guard breaker attack to stop coward players from blocking attacks all day.

 

This is hands down the funniest comment i have ever heard in a fighting game. Come on stop blocking and being a sissy and let me hit you. Stop doing the 10 string combos everyone knows how to block learn new combos its not all that hard and when they are blocking high hit them low....Hit em enough times low they will block low when they do that hit them with a mid. This game already plays enough into the hands of the casual gamer by them being able to pick the sticks up and mash buttons and actually pull off combos you probably couldn't duplicate two times in a row. I totally agree with your frustration on the online T5DR was horrid online and this one is not that much better. If your going to play a fighting game Namco you need to figure out a way to fix the lag.

Message 4 of 103 (23,642 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/15/2009
Offline
2241 posts
 

Re: Tekken 7 improvement Petition *Spoiler *

Mar 12, 2010

 


imported_619 wrote:

Tekken 6 is a great game.  If you want to be good at it. stop complaining and learn the damn game.  Boards dont hit back lol


 

No no I'm not talking about being good or bad at the game, I'm not even really speaking for the online play. More so how there was such lack of the story and it was not the Tekken I used to love.

 








Message 5 of 103 (23,642 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/19/2009
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: Tekken 7 improvement Petition *Spoiler *

Mar 12, 2010

ahhh i see, i have to agree with you Lethal_vampire.  The story line,ending makes no sense at all.

Message 6 of 103 (23,642 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/18/2009
Offline
381 posts
 

Re: Tekken 7 improvement Petition *Spoiler *

Mar 12, 2010

I speak for everybody now:

 

Tekken  Reboot! just like MK 9 reboot

black...
Message 7 of 103 (23,642 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/22/2009
Offline
403 posts
 

Re: Tekken 7 improvement Petition *Spoiler *

Mar 12, 2010

 


imported_619 wrote:

ahhh i see, i have to agree with you Lethal_vampire.  The story line,ending makes no sense at all.


 

 

The ending? How about the entire story? I couldn't understand any of it!

 

My opion...

1. Bring back the humongous arenas from Tekken 4. Everything was destructable and you couldn't run out of space unless you tried. And that will end the constant corner trap.

2. I enjoy the aerial combos, but they last way to long. I once had a fight with Miguel, and the entire match was an aerial combo. I made a simple mistake and he took off.

3. Please, please oh please Namco, please make the story understandable.

4. The Scenario Campaign was pathetic. Either improve it so that it:

A. Is less bland and repetetive. All the environments were lacking and I felt it was more work than actual fun.

B. CHECKPOINT IT! AND NOT AT THE END OF THE LEVEL, THROUGH THE LEVEL!!!!!!!!

Or get rid of it.

C. Have it shorter, I enjoy long campaigns but this was bland

5. Improve online. At launch, don't let it be laggy. Add some modes, like a spectator or team battle online.

6. Get rid of rage, it is extremely annoying. Also, it doesn't work becasue you could be dead when the thing comes on.

7. Improve the graphics, not as nice as Soul Caliber 4 imo.

Tekken 6 was a huge letdown. I was hoping for it to be the thing that brought fighting into the spot light. But no. Guess I'll be going for Continuum Shift.

All you gotta do is
Ride around Sally
Just Ride Sally Ride!!!!!!!
Message 8 of 103 (23,642 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/15/2009
Offline
2241 posts
 

Re: Tekken 7 improvement Petition *Spoiler *

Mar 15, 2010

 


The_Pretender21 wrote:

 


imported_619 wrote:

ahhh i see, i have to agree with you Lethal_vampire.  The story line,ending makes no sense at all.


 

 

The ending? How about the entire story? I couldn't understand any of it!

 

My opion...

1. Bring back the humongous arenas from Tekken 4. Everything was destructable and you couldn't run out of space unless you tried. And that will end the constant corner trap.

2. I enjoy the aerial combos, but they last way to long. I once had a fight with Miguel, and the entire match was an aerial combo. I made a simple mistake and he took off.

3. Please, please oh please Namco, please make the story understandable.

4. The Scenario Campaign was pathetic. Either improve it so that it:

A. Is less bland and repetetive. All the environments were lacking and I felt it was more work than actual fun.

B. CHECKPOINT IT! AND NOT AT THE END OF THE LEVEL, THROUGH THE LEVEL!!!!!!!!

Or get rid of it.

C. Have it shorter, I enjoy long campaigns but this was bland

5. Improve online. At launch, don't let it be laggy. Add some modes, like a spectator or team battle online.

6. Get rid of rage, it is extremely annoying. Also, it doesn't work becasue you could be dead when the thing comes on.

7. Improve the graphics, not as nice as Soul Caliber 4 imo.

Tekken 6 was a huge letdown. I was hoping for it to be the thing that brought fighting into the spot light. But no. Guess I'll be going for Continuum Shift.


 

Well, there was no story really...

 








Message 9 of 103 (23,642 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/22/2009
Offline
403 posts
 

Re: Tekken 7 improvement Petition *Spoiler *

Mar 15, 2010

Lethal_Vampire wrote:

 


The_Pretender21 wrote:

 


imported_619 wrote:

ahhh i see, i have to agree with you Lethal_vampire.  The story line,ending makes no sense at all.


 

 

The ending? How about the entire story? I couldn't understand any of it!

 

My opion...

1. Bring back the humongous arenas from Tekken 4. Everything was destructable and you couldn't run out of space unless you tried. And that will end the constant corner trap.

2. I enjoy the aerial combos, but they last way to long. I once had a fight with Miguel, and the entire match was an aerial combo. I made a simple mistake and he took off.

3. Please, please oh please Namco, please make the story understandable.

4. The Scenario Campaign was pathetic. Either improve it so that it:

A. Is less bland and repetetive. All the environments were lacking and I felt it was more work than actual fun.

B. CHECKPOINT IT! AND NOT AT THE END OF THE LEVEL, THROUGH THE LEVEL!!!!!!!!

Or get rid of it.

C. Have it shorter, I enjoy long campaigns but this was bland

5. Improve online. At launch, don't let it be laggy. Add some modes, like a spectator or team battle online.

6. Get rid of rage, it is extremely annoying. Also, it doesn't work becasue you could be dead when the thing comes on.

7. Improve the graphics, not as nice as Soul Caliber 4 imo.

Tekken 6 was a huge letdown. I was hoping for it to be the thing that brought fighting into the spot light. But no. Guess I'll be going for Continuum Shift.


 

Well, there was no story really...

 


Agreed.
All you gotta do is
Ride around Sally
Just Ride Sally Ride!!!!!!!
Message 10 of 103 (23,639 Views)
Reply
0 Likes