Tekken 6 is The worst Tekken EVER.

"This will enlighten you."
Message 21 of 103 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

Re: Tekken 7 improvement Petition *Spoiler *

May 16, 2010

The_Pretender21- You listed nothing but a bunch of superficial complaints and basically say you don't really know what you're doing in the game... and yes, you can counter a counter, there were NO destructable environments in tekken 4 (unless you count maybe that statue that breaks on the one level), and I have no idea why you would think that the items are mostly used in scenario. Maybe you dont play with people enough to understand what makes the game so good.

Also, who cares what SSF4 did in a year? All they really did was take some old characters and put them in the game. They werent motion captured either, nor do any of them have more than around 3 special moves. Even with those 10 added, you still only fight the same 5 or so characters online.

Message 22 of 103 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

May 16, 2010

Countering a counter and roulettes are the only things I don't understand. I only said "the weapons" were only mostly usable in the Scenario. And yes, there were destructable arenas in T4. Do you remeber the bars in the mall? The phone booths? Those statues? And I also like the people, I though that effect was amazing. Then those areas were very open, it was really hard to run out of room. And my complaints are also the complaints of others. Why is it that a three hit combo doesn't do as much damage as a throw? Why do throws do a ton of damage? Why do the combos last so incredibly long? And why is it that bound is so annoying? Its harder to get out of a wall juggle too. Seriously, this game was teased back in what, 2004? Namco had 5 years to critique and improve Tekken. They decide to critique and improve the already useless parts of Tekken. ie scenario campaign, customization, aerial combos. As if the AC's weren't bad enough, but then they add bound. Now they last twice as long. I'm annoyed by super bosses like Azazel because they are ALWAYS large and overpowered, killing you if you make a single mistake (just like most characters while playing online). They have way too much health and a ten hit combo is equal to one of those claw attacks from him.

All you gotta do is
Ride around Sally
Just Ride Sally Ride!!!!!!!
Message 23 of 103 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

May 21, 2010

AndStayDown wrote:

The_Pretender21- You listed nothing but a bunch of superficial complaints and basically say you don't really know what you're doing in the game... and yes, you can counter a counter, there were NO destructable environments in tekken 4 (unless you count maybe that statue that breaks on the one level), and I have no idea why you would think that the items are mostly used in scenario. Maybe you dont play with people enough to understand what makes the game so good.

Also, who cares what SSF4 did in a year? All they really did was take some old characters and put them in the game. They werent motion captured either, nor do any of them have more than around 3 special moves. Even with those 10 added, you still only fight the same 5 or so characters online.

Ok man you win.  

Message 24 of 103 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2924 posts

Re: Tekken 7 improvements *Spoiler *

May 21, 2010

i love Tekken so it was a tough decision not to buy Tekken 6. but chances of them doing huge things for T7 is very slim. considering what they've said during T6 development you better hope they get their **bleep** together suck it up and do what ever they have to to give every customer the best Tekken they could possibly produce. i'm gonna keep a close eye on T7 news. but even then if they promise me the world i'm only expecting a hand full dirt.

Message 25 of 103 (468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

May 25, 2010

I completely agree. Tekken6  was complete crap. I am a very good player. It is just that I became bored and realize that the older game Virtua Fighter 5 was better.

Message 26 of 103 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

May 26, 2010

tex20y249 wrote:

I completely agree. Tekken6  was complete crap. I am a very good player. It is just that I became bored and realize that the older game Virtua Fighter 5 was better.

Couldn't agree more.

Message 27 of 103 (468 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15702 posts

May 28, 2010

Sounds like "the casual gamer"(the Op) doesnt know how to play.

"get out of juggle move"-roll when you land

"wont stop blocking"-grapple them

The casual gamer wants to play super smash brothers...

The only complaint I had about tekken 6 was that the ending movies didnt have the quality as the previous titles.

Message 28 of 103 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2451 posts

May 29, 2010

Tekken 6 is one of my favorite fighters this gen.  The only gripe I have about it, is that everyone is already unlocked.  When before, I used to get so much practice with everyone, when having to unlock them through fighting.  Best way.  Thats probably why MVC2 lost interest right when I purchased it through the PSN.  Bring back unlockables.  Plain and simple.  This thread is done.

Image hosting by PhotobucketPSN & XBLGT: Nottulys
Message 29 of 103 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

May 29, 2010

Setzaroth wrote:

Sounds like "the casual gamer"(the Op) doesnt know how to play.

"get out of juggle move"-roll when you land

"wont stop blocking"-grapple them

The casual gamer wants to play super smash brothers...

The only complaint I had about tekken 6 was that the ending movies didnt have the quality as the previous titles.

Remeber how I said that some aerial combos and juggles are endless, especially if you get launched with half or three quarter health to get knocked out? That is the situation here.

The second I'll agree with. Endless blocking can be countered with endless throwing. But, on the other hand, I wish that Namco would implement a limit on the blocking. SSFIV has chip damage, BlazBlue has a gaurd bar, and Soul Calibur IV has Soul Crush. Tekken should get something similar.

All you gotta do is
Ride around Sally
Just Ride Sally Ride!!!!!!!
Message 30 of 103 (468 Views)
0 Likes