Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2727 posts

Re: Tekken 7 improvements *Spoiler *

Jul 7, 2010

IMO, the reason why T6 was lopsided, is because it tried to cater to the 'casual gamer'. THAT crap needs to go. Tekken, in no way shape

or form is a casual fighter.

Random Images

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y
Message 61 of 103 (385 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jul 7, 2010

BelovID wrote:

IMO, the reason why T6 was lopsided, is because it tried to cater to the 'casual gamer'. THAT crap needs to go. Tekken, in no way shape

or form is a casual fighter.

No it is more for the hardcore players.

Message 62 of 103 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jul 8, 2010

^Idk bout you, but I had plenty of newbies and casual gamers try out this game and based on the way they played after their 5th match or so, I'd definitely say this game was more catered towards casual gamers.

Sorry for the long post!

Anyways, some points that you have made:

1. "Scenario Campaign mode was the worst thing that could ever happen in Tekken 6..."

I'll agree with you that it wasn't one of the best things they have done, but if you look into the past with the other stuff that they've done (Tekken Force , Devil Within ) it's really nothing new. They all weren't that great, but honestly, why are you judging a fighting game on the non-fighting portion of the game? If anything, the best solution would be for them to make something like Tekken Ball (Tekken 3) or Tekken Bowl (Tekken Tag) as something for you to do when you want to take a break from the fighting. Now, about unlocking stuff... well, that's just part of the game that's been there since Tekken 5, and also, the only stuff that was locked were characters to use in Scenario Campaign mode and not in Arcade mode, so there really wasn't a huge necessity to unlock them anyway. Also, although the only reasonable way to get money for items in this game was through Scenario Campaign mode, you could also use them for character customization just from those dropped item boxes in Scenario Campaign mode. Essentially, this mode is already optional to the player so I don't understand how you think that this is anything other than being optional.

2. "In addition, the ranking system in Tekken 6 was downright intolerable..."

Yea... in Tekken 5 DR online, people have been known to cheat the system in order to get their "Tekken Lord" rankings, and truthfully, I thought it was nice that they gave a certain cap to the rankings outside of online because it sends out the message that "you need to earn that crazy high ranking."  If anything, the biggest fix that needs to be made is the online lag, or better yet, the online experience in general because it is infuriating when you can't do diddly-squat because the lag prevents you from inputting the proper moves. Now, as you say, "online should be treated like a bonus feature," well, then go choose to play offline mode and ease up on complaining about ranks because the point of a ranking system should be to gauge your playing skills with everyone that plays and not just your neighborhood friends.

3. "Furthermore, the causal gamer should not be trapped in the corner in endless juggles in Tekken 7..." (Sorry, I'm essentially going paragraph by paragraph)

Yes, getting caught in a juggle is no fun, but it is extremely rare to see someone pull off a one-hit kill juggle (do they even exist?) or even something that's going to bring you all the way down to rage mode from full health. In fact, I think that was one of their major improvements from Tekken 5 to try and shorten up the juggles so that they would be a method of punishment for a bad move than as an opening. Plus, ukemis (quick ground recovers) and multi-direction rolling is there to help you safely get off the ground.

Next, you want to really punish turtles (players that block all the time)? Like others have mentioned, hit low when they're blocking high, and hit mid when they're blocking low, I mean they also have that in Soul Calibur too. In addition, you have throws available so use them too (if your opponent is able to escape all your throw attempts, you're either playing against a hard-core gamer which means your match wasn't going to be that fair to begin with or someone who is really lucky).

Also, you want a Tag/Team Battle mode? Sure, why not, but wait, don't we already have that with the Team Battle mode? If you're complaining about tag, then you're now asking for whole different kind of fighting game. Plus, you were complaining about making the game more appealing to casual gamers? You're gonna find that a lot more people will start to complain having to be semi-acquainted with those 80+ moves that each character in Tekken has for 2 characters in order to not be completely stuck in the dark.

4. "Finally, Character customization needs to be upgraded. The character customization in Tekken 6 was too limited. The causal gamer is sick of the Character Customization system. It is no fun and very lame."

I needed to have that last two sentences in because this comment particularly irked me (sorry! (^.^')). Mainly, it's because, this is one of the reasons why I got turned off from Soul Calibur 4. The character customization system in Tekken 6 was simple enough that you could personalize your character in so many different ways to express yourself. Granted, I did wish that they had a little bit more various items to play around with, but it was simple and done. By introducing a Soul Calibur 4-like character creation into a game like Tekken 6, people will then have no way to figure out who they're playing against in a fashion similar to a Mokujin vs. Mokujin match. In Soul Calibur 4, each character held a different and distinct weapon based on their fighting style that it was still easy to figure out who you were playing against. In Tekken, where everyone is fighting essentially hand-to-hand, except for a unique few, introducing something like that will just bug everyone because aside from the few unique stances, everyone will look the same.

-----

Personally, I agree that Tekken 6 wasn't one of the ground-breaking Tekkens like 3, 5 and Tag, but these were the improvements that I really needed:

1. Improvement on online system because lag single-handedly destroyed the potential of this game.

2. Something more entertaining to do besides Scenario Campaign mode. I mean, they've tried and basically failed with almost every incarnation of Tekken, but here's to hoping.

3. Make Scenario Arcade mode longer or recombine it with Arcade mode as we already have a ghost battle mode anyways when we want to play with the AI for long periods of time anyways.

4. Load times need to be dealt with. It's annoying seeing people play this game on the Xbox with little to no load times while we gotta wait for that extra 30-40 seconds.

5. Graphics need to be upped. This is understandably difficult as they were pretty good, but as a result, it gamers that feel of little to no change from Tekken 5 to Tekken 6.

6. Bigger variety of items would be nice.

7. Finally, please, let me have a customizable ID for second player/ have a rotation mode with different users!

I'm not trying to be harsh on you or anything, but this is what I thought were the most needed improvements. From what I've seen though, the reason why Street Fighter 4 is so much more popular that Tekken 6 is more of the fact that a) Street Fighter hasn't done anything in a while so a lot of people were really curious as to what they had to offer, b) some people just like using fireballs along with a much smaller moveset because it makes it deceptively (I say deceptively because you then get slapped in the face with all the hard-core stuff you have to learn in trade) easier while making it flashier, and c) some people prefer seeing really flashy effects along with things like super combos and ultra combos over the realistic vibe that Tekken always tried to give off. Tekken 6 definitely had its' flaws I wouldn't really call it one of the most disappointing games (well, after you remove scenario mode anyways lol).

Message 63 of 103 (385 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15643 posts

Jul 10, 2010
cool story bro
Message 64 of 103 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

Re: Tekken 7 improvement Petition *Spoiler *

Jul 10, 2010

SaintConnor wrote:

"Furthermore, the causal gamer should not be trapped in the corner in endless juggles in Tekken 7. The game should have a juggle escape move or something like that. The causal gamer should also have a guard breaker attack to stop coward players from blocking attacks all day."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Yo, seriously? Tekken has NEVER had this kind of **bleep** and NEVER will. Juggles are what makes Tekken, Tekken. And guard break? Seriously? Guess what. If they block high, go low, if they block low, go mid. Its a simple concept really. This isn't Street Fighter and its not Soul Calibur. Your suggestions are terrible and its very clear you've never played Tekken before DR. I beg to disagree. Tekken was fine with the ground game until Tekken 5 introduced the constant aerial combo. Nothing wrong with that, but the ridiculous lenght of it in 6 is mind boggling. But I do disagree too with the "Juggle Escape" thing.

And to continue:

"1. Bring back the humongous arenas from Tekken 4. Everything was destructable and you couldn't run out of space unless you tried. And that will end the constant corner trap."

This isn't DoA. T4 was terrible. Take the time to learn and get out of the corner. If you are "trapped" its because you are doing dumb **bleep**. Sure, you can get out of the corner, at the loss of about half-3 quarters of you're health.

"2. I enjoy the aerial combos, but they last way to long. I once had a fight with Miguel, and the entire match was an aerial combo. I made a simple mistake and he took off."

So you are saying mistakes shouldn't be punishable? That's rich. Sure, mistakes should be punishable, but make it so that one mistake isn't an automatic KO.

"3. Please, please oh please Namco, please make the story understandable."

Since when do people playing fighting games for story? I bet you think SF4's story is amazing though, huh? Well, there are those of us that prefer the single player side, and we want quality to that. No, SF4's story was medicore. I had rekindled hope with BlazBlue having a great story and said to myself "Hey, maybe other fighing games will deliver a great story and a great online." But I guess that won't happen.

"4. The Scenario Campaign..... get rid of it."

Fixed

"5. Improve online."

Fine.

"6. Get rid of rage, it is extremely annoying. Also, it doesn't work becasue you could be dead when the thing comes on."

Rage is fine, just tone it down a little. Sure, tone it down a little, but when you're health is below 10%? Or 20? Really, it'd be a bit more helpful if it was below 30-35.

"7. Improve the graphics, not as nice as Soul Caliber 4 imo."

....Yeah, sorry the clothes don't rip like in SC4 so you can get your 16 year old rocks off.

"Tekken 6 was a huge letdown. I was hoping for it to be the thing that brought fighting into the spot light. But no. Guess I'll be going for Continuum Shift."

This alone says it all. Namco isn't going to degrade their whole game on the basis that some "casual gamer" can't block, or gets punished everytime they wiff or do something stupid. Stop mashing buttons like a retarded monkey trying to mash a square block into a round hole and maybe, just maybe, you'll enjoy the game that much more. So, if we don't find it fun, we are automatically stupid?

All you gotta do is
Ride around Sally
Just Ride Sally Ride!!!!!!!
Message 65 of 103 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jul 11, 2010

After taking a second look, I guess that the stages could be a tiiiny bit bigger because, after tying to start having Bruce as my main, I realize that a decent portion of his strategy relies on pinning your opponent to the wall which is just plain mean lol. However, the rage system is a pandora's box for me. It might come in a little too late, but at the same exact time, it just means for tekken 6 that you should just play without thinking about rage, and I don't want it to get adjusted to a point where rage is abusable.

Message 66 of 103 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Jul 12, 2010

imported_619 wrote:

Tekken 6 is a great game.  If you want to be good at it. stop complaining and learn the damn game.  Boards dont hit back lol

I, among a lot of people here, have been playing the Tekken games since they came out.  I think what he is saying that in general the game itself was under his expectations.  Everyone here can agree that tekken in general is a great game series, even tekken 6 when just fighting against bots.  However, for it's generation, this tekken game needs to fit certain criteria, such as: Easy online play, decent story (this story was extremely random and pointless), and more of a customization that makes you want to unlock something (not fight because you feel like you have to, to unlock a combat weapon, or a stupid animal that cost 500,000).  It would be nice to only start with a few people like in the other tekken games, and unlock more characters, and even secret characters.

Message 67 of 103 (385 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jul 12, 2010

honestly i bought my ps1 just for tekken 2. i didn't jack squat about juggles til i met my best friend and he raped me with jin lol. now i moved up tekken after tekken and now this is what i think they should do.

they should just ditch the story mode idea cause it was horrible. they promised us coop but screwed us on that too. yea they gave us coop but not what i was expecting. i never really saw they difference in damage with and without the rage but its whatever. i want them to improve on the customizing and make it like soul calibur 3 and 4 where u can make a character from scratch and give them a move set from original characters. i mean who wouldn't wanna see a sexy girly continuous grabbing like King?. give us more variety of items to use for kicks during games, if possible try and incorporate it in juggles like bryan's shotgun. speaking of bryan, bring back the voice actor from tekken 5 for bryan cause he sounds horrible now. may the stages more like tekken 4 where everything is breakable and also give us equal stages with no walls at all cause i hate walls. i don't care for falling through the ground it was pointless to have in the first place. bring tag team back in tekken 7 cause creating a TTTT2 wouldn't be any different than just adding kunimitsu cause most the other characters are better clones of the old ones. bring back the way the rooms were organized like making ur own room title and allowing ranked matches with friends. fix the loading screens and the insane lag. i never experienced lag in blazblue nor street fighter 4 so why is tekken so laggy online? i wish dr. B became playable again but he is dead according to the story. also allow other people besides the room host to invite friends like ssf4 and also do something similar to ssf4 trial challenges so it can teach noobs how to do combos. this is just to name a few and if you can add at least 8 more characters that would be great.

Message 68 of 103 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

Jul 12, 2010

Spoiler alert

Really, abandoning the story mode for Tekken would be like abandoning the entire series. I didn't understand the story for 6, the only thing I DID get was Jin dying and his reason for it. Maybe, we can ignore everything that happened in 6 and start anew in 7!!!!! The only thing would be to ressurect Jin.

Agreed with the arenas from 4, loved the effect that everything was breakable, the places were huge and open, along with people being added to the scene.

All you gotta do is
Ride around Sally
Just Ride Sally Ride!!!!!!!
Message 69 of 103 (385 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 18, 2010

These are the improvements I want for Tekken 7:

- Each character to have their own indivisiual themes (Like in Tekken 2 and Tekken 3).

- Tag Team Mode.

- Mini-Game mode (Bowling, Beach Ball, etc.)

- Tekken Force Mode.

- Character Creation (Make your own Character).

- Unlock extras through other modes rather then only Sienario Campaign.

Message 70 of 103 (387 Views)
0 Likes