First Son
1 posts

Re: Tekken 7 improvements *Spoiler *

May 11, 2010

Wow..You have a solid argument and it's good to see a person complain in the correct format. I have seen so many arguments that I have to read 3 times over just to understand half of it. I feel as though when someone does not like tekken 6 it's a shame. Tekken 6 is a really good game, but I see where you are coming from. I want to point this out to you, your key arguement is that the game should appeal to the casual player. Tekken 6 was never made to do so. Rather, Tekken 6 has always been made for the 'competitive player'. Not trying to be rude or anything,but you guys have brawl. Tekken is made so that people are forced to take actual time out to learn a characters moves. There are a set of moves meant for different situations. If you learn them perhaps you wouldnt have a problem with people blocking all day. For the story mode, yeah thats pretty bad. I find Tekken 6 to be more enjoyable then all the ones before it by far. This is coming from the point of view of a competitive player that has not learned how to juggle. I also am not very good at the game and only play friends so far. Competitive to me equals will put some effort in getting better and does not give up because they lost the fight.

Message 11 of 103 (806 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

May 14, 2010

does anyone else remember tekken bowling, or tekken volleyball. I'd much rather see that than

a bad adventure. That's all I'm saying.

Perish_Song
Message 12 of 103 (806 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2074 posts

May 14, 2010
Throwing casual players a bone in terms of mechanics doesn't do anything to balance the game if experts can use them, too (and if they can't the game is unbalanced.) Letting noobs burst out of long juggle combos allows pros to also burst out of the noob's combos, and then you're back in the same predicament of one serious hit potentially killing you. This does absolutely nothing for what you are asking for. Instead, the noobs should try to stop being noobs and learn how to defend themselves. Blocking and positioning is an important part of the game, just as important as attacking, so learn it and learn it well. Cowards who block... More like cowards that you just unsafely attack into and get counter hit. That is your problem, you are allowing these "cowards" to block your relentless button mashing and all they have to do is wait for you to use an attack that is unsafe in block and THAT is when they do these juggles that you hate so much. So stop attacking fruitlessly into players that are blocking unless you can mix it up. Tekken has been played for a really long time, competitively and casually, so if these things were actually a gameplay issue rather than an individual player issue they would have been fixed a long time ago.
Message 13 of 103 (806 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Re: Tekken 7 improvement Petition *Spoiler *

May 15, 2010

imported_619 wrote:

Tekken 6 is a great game.  If you want to be good at it. stop complaining and learn the damn game.  Boards dont hit back lol

No, Tekken 6 is a horrible game as stated before.  The team behind that game seem to have lost touch with the series.  I know.  I've been playing Tekken since v1.  Hell, Tekken 4 is better than this. 

The best Tekken that's been out is v5. Dark Resurrection.  One would think they would build off the success of that.  Instead, they game is now bloated with mindless quest modes and half ass online support. And don't get me started, because this would turn into a very long post from me about why I really detest that game.  

Bought and returned the game in less than three hours.

Message 14 of 103 (806 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

May 15, 2010

ninealiases wrote:

imported_619 wrote:

Tekken 6 is a great game.  If you want to be good at it. stop complaining and learn the damn game.  Boards dont hit back lol

No, Tekken 6 is a horrible game as stated before.  The team behind that game seem to have lost touch with the series.  I know.  I've been playing Tekken since v1.  Hell, Tekken 4 is better than this. 

The best Tekken that's been out is v5. Dark Resurrection.  One would think they would build off the success of that.  Instead, they game is now bloated with mindless quest modes and half ass online support. And don't get me started, because this would turn into a very long post from me about why I really detest that game.  

Bought and returned the game in less than three hours.

Well this is obviously an opinion. One that is backed up by the fact that you play the game casually, by yourself. The T6 developers havent lost touch with anything. They gave the game a huge revamping to make it more viable for tournament play.

You yourself already said that you are casual, so not only can you not enjoy T6 (even though I found the SP campaign really fun), you probably cant even understand just why T6 is so much better than the other installations.

Also how can you say that "The best Tekken that's been out is v5. Dark Resurrection.  One would think they would build off the success of that."? Tekken 6 = T5Smiley Very HappyR part 2 if you havent noticed. The game is nothing but improvements and tweeks on Tekken's new gameplay style that originated in 5.

Message 15 of 103 (806 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

May 15, 2010

You are right about this being an opinion, but where did you get the idea that I've played all the Tekken games by myself? And casually for that matter?  Please point out where this game have been revamped for "tournament" play.  Are you suggesting that the others was not suitable for tournaments?
I'm all about fierce competition.  I'm not a die hard gamer, so when I label my self as a casual gamer, it's in respects to that.  I treat games like they are... just games.  Purely for entertainment.  Love how you would assume other wise based on some text that's been floating around in cyberspace.  
I couldn't enjoy T6 simply because there are other Tekken games that are superior. Plain as.  
Oh, and "Also how can you say that "The best Tekken that's been out is v5. Dark Resurrection.  One would think they would build off the success of that."? Tekken 6 = T5Smiley Very HappyR part 2 if you havent noticed."  well no sh*t.  
Still, I await your response to the *improvements* that T6 has to offer.  Please list them.  I'll wait.

Message 16 of 103 (805 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2074 posts

May 15, 2010
Ninealiases, you say that Tekken 6 is a horrible game and that Tekken 5 was the best game in the series, but later you concede to Andstaydown that Tekken 6 is an improved Tekken 5. Uh, what? He was saying you were basing your experience with the game on single player offline play because you keep complaining about single player features. You are obviously not talking about the game from a competitive standpoint when you dog on the scenario campaign because it isn't a competitive mode. You don't even have to play it if you don't want to, all of the characters are unlocked for online and offline versus modes from the start. Fighting games are competitive experiences, so who cares about fighting the AI? Yeah, Scenario mode is stupid, but it's been in every game for a looong time and it's sort of a neat distraction, but when I play Tekken I want to play against another human in an actual match, so it's of no consequence. When you complain about things like that you aren't seeing the game for what it is. It's like saying Street Fighter 2 is a bad game because of the bonus stages. As far as improvements, there are more characters and the existing characters were tweaked, obviously. From my understanding the tier lists are a lot tighter and the playing field is more level across the board. I don't have a comprehensive list of all of the changes, but if you bothered to look I'm sure you could find one. Anyway, can you name some reasonable shortcommings with the game that have nothing to do with single player modes?
Message 17 of 103 (805 Views)
Survivor
2734 posts

May 15, 2010

ninealiases wrote:
Oh, and "Also how can you say that "The best Tekken that's been out is v5. Dark Resurrection.  One would think they would build off the success of that."? Tekken 6 = T5Smiley Very HappyR part 2 if you havent noticed."  well no sh*t.  
Still, I await your response to the *improvements* that T6 has to offer.  Please list them.  I'll wait.

You are making my head spin.

"T5 Was the best! Why wouldnt they just improve on that???"

"..They did. In almost every way possible"

"well no sh*t I know that!! ..... I still want to know what they are though. Like now. Derp."

Ok, I'm not gonna call you simple but you bought a FIGHTING GAME, played the sp mode for 3 hours, then returned it and said it sucked... but I digress. Here are the changes you asked about:

6 New characters (fighting styles)

Every Existing character has been restructured and rebalanced to weed out the broken/abusable moves

Juggle damage has been scaled way down to even out the BS that was happening in 5DR

Added a Rage mode when critical to even out one-sided fights

All characters now have a quick "axis punch" for a high hitting stun

All counters can be countered

New bound system was implemented to deny tech rolls and add to combos

Every character has at least 1 command throw to avoid random throw escapes

Destructable stages to put emphasis on tactical positioning

now for the vanity:

Customizable outifts

useable Weapons/items

roulette added to online play

Less money is gained from fighting so you dont hit the money limit in 2 days like you did in 5

Obvious graphical upgrade

5.1 digital surround sound

game can be installed

I'm sure I'm missing one or two more things but it really doesnt matter. T6 makes T5 obsolete. If you don't think so, then I'm positive you've been typing on an IBM 486 using Internet Explorer in Windows 98.

Message 18 of 103 (805 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

May 15, 2010

AndStayDown wrote:

ninealiases wrote:

"well no sh*t I know that!! ..... I still want to know what they are though. Like now. Derp."

Ok, I'm not gonna call you simple but you bought a FIGHTING GAME, played the sp mode for 3 hours, then returned it and said it sucked... but I digress. Here are the changes you asked about:

6 New characters (fighting styles)

Every Existing character has been restructured and rebalanced to weed out the broken/abusable moves

Juggle damage has been scaled way down to even out the BS that was happening in 5DR

Added a Rage mode when critical to even out one-sided fights

All characters now have a quick "axis punch" for a high hitting stun

All counters can be countered

New bound system was implemented to deny tech rolls and add to combos

Every character has at least 1 command throw to avoid random throw escapes

Destructable stages to put emphasis on tactical positioning

now for the vanity:

Customizable outifts

useable Weapons/items

roulette added to online play

Less money is gained from fighting so you dont hit the money limit in 2 days like you did in 5

Obvious graphical upgrade

5.1 digital surround sound

game can be installed

I'm sure I'm missing one or two more things but it really doesnt matter. T6 makes T5 obsolete. If you don't think so, then I'm positive you've been typing on an IBM 486 using Internet Explorer in Windows 98.

Actually the part you quoted was a typo on my part.  Had to rush somewhere and didn't edit it out.  Ah well.

Now to your points,  

Some you are spot on about, others... well, meh.  Call me what you want, but T:5 DR isn't an obsolete game.  Keep your 6 new fighting styles, extra game modes, graphics (etc..)  if you want.  

Message 19 of 103 (805 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

May 16, 2010

AndStayDown wrote:

ninealiases wrote:

6 New characters (fighting styles) Only Six? I like what SSFIV did in 1 year, and added 10

Every Existing character has been restructured and rebalanced to weed out the broken/abusable moves OK

Juggle damage has been scaled way down to even out the BS that was happening in 5DR Yeah, but every other attack does BS damage

Added a Rage mode when critical to even out one-sided fights You are practically dead when it activates, so there is not use

All characters now have a quick "axis punch" for a high hitting stun OK

All counters can be countered Huh?

New bound system was implemented to deny tech rolls and add to combos New bound system has also implemented really frustrated players trying to get some tech rolls

Every character has at least 1 command throw to avoid random throw escapes OK

Destructable stages to put emphasis on tactical positioning There were MUCH BETTER  destructable stages in Tekken 4. They also allowed free roam. And why would I want to fly through the ground just to get juggled some more?

now for the vanity:

Customizable outifts Often an eye sore

useable Weapons/items Mostly only in Scenario

roulette added to online play Haven't encountered that...? Need to check that out

Less money is gained from fighting so you dont hit the money limit in 2 days like you did in 5 Yeah, and now you have to play two months every day in order to buy just one thing.

Obvious graphical upgrade I've seen better looking games (Soul Calibur IV *cough**cough*)

5.1 digital surround sound OK

game can be installed OK

On to the bad.
Aerial Combos and bounds can last entire matches (Miguel, I'm looking at you).
Story makes absolutely no sense, and there really is no substance added to someone who likes single player.
Text is extremely hard to read and it doesn't help that you can't change the language or have voice overs.
For this installment, getting caught against the wall is now impossible to roll out of!!!!
Why have the humongous impossible to defeat overpowered boss that you cannot defeat? Why is it only BlazBlue doesn't have one of these overpowered boss characters? WHY DOES EVERY FIGHTER HAVE THEM?!
The bouncing sheep is extremely distracting and disturbing.
Now, I'm pretty sure that I haven't mentioned some other stuff, help me  someone if I missed anything.

All you gotta do is
Ride around Sally
Just Ride Sally Ride!!!!!!!
Message 20 of 103 (802 Views)
0 Likes