Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
94 posts

Re: Tekken 7 improvements *Spoiler *

Sep 14, 2010

I hope they get rid of scenario campaign mode in the next game.  That mode was very pointless and poorly put together.  I guess it was in there to please the casual gamers who want some sort of "story" in their fighters.  Personally I can care less about a story-line in a fighter.  All characters are there to beat each other up what else do I need to know? lol.

I hope the training mode gets a complete overhaul.  The training mode does a really bad job of teaching a new players the ropes.  We need a record mode so we can practice punishes and counters.  Its impossible to practice teching if you're playing by yourself.  SFIV's training mode and trial mode is way better than T6s.

And finally, improve the multiplayer.  Horrible net-code and match making.

Photobucket
Message 81 of 103 (524 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Tekken 7 improvement Petition *Spoiler *

Oct 10, 2010

To be honest, i understood the entire story of all the games including the sixth game... its really not that difficult to grasp if you try, the ranking system is very smart i thought coz it mimics the Karate grading system and as Jin is clearly the best character as the story shows I think thats only right... in Karate when you reach black belt (1st Dan) you must show your ability to fight (sparring) other people so the need to fight others online after reaching 1st Dan is quite smart not to mention respectful to the art.

I must admit tho that the scenario modes gameplay was disappointing and did seem badly thought out, but it was quite entertaining once I got into it (dosent excuse the **bleep** factor of it).

Overall I dont think the game can be classed as bad, it has some amazing qualities like the 2 player (not online) which provides hours of fun.... The game definately cant be classed as a masterpiece tho coz as pointed out there needs to be better customization and I wouldnt mind seeing a lot more character introduction to make it more challenging.

p.s. in a non offensive way, complaining about something e.g. the ranking, without doing your research makes you look kinda well for lack of a better word retarded and more like one of the very people comparing yourself to.

Message 82 of 103 (524 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 13, 2010

I'm with the minority, if they even exist, who actually prefers Tekken 4 over 5 and 6. Remember, shorty within the span that Tekken 3 was released in arcades, Virtua Fighter 3TB had made leaps and bounds to make a change from thier second game, VF2.

By change, I meant taking away nearly all of the high damage juggles that were possible in VF2, tweaking and even nerfing some of thier cast, and adding multi-layed stages that at first look, seemed as if it could change the balance of the gameplay by a mile, but in reality, only does it by an inch.

This all together made a brand new Virtua Fighter game, the only one that was actually different from all of the rest. I have to admit though, that this was both a bad and a good thing, depending on where you are coming from. Most players like myself saw VF3 as a "Too serious" fighting game. There wasn't a single move that was overpowering. Even so, some character who were stong and even "alright" in VF2 were weakened. So you can see how far that went.

Now Tekken is a series that had its roots within the VF engine, and since then took strives to find its own style of gameplay. I respect that and I, too, find Tekken enjoyable. My personal favorites being 2 and 3. When Tekken 4 came out to my local arcade at Green Acres Mall, the game was NOTHING short of amazing to me.

The huge character models, the over-emphasis on spacing and zoning, and the newly introduced wall system made Tekken 4 the most innovative ever, imo. It felt different from any other Tekken in its past, and you can tell that the team behind the game was trying to push the limits of the franchise. Unfortunatly, not everyone welcomed the change. Same as with VF3TB.

So its understandable that with Tekken 5, the team would bring back the infinite stages and bigger juggles, appealing more to the casual gamer. Tekken 4 took itself a little seriously it seemed, just as with VF3.

Neither game was as accesible and easy to get into at first. Furthermore, the new system they had turned alot of people off. I, for one, loved Tekken 4 for its bravery and what Namco tried to follow in VF3's footsteps. I only wished Namco stuck with it and only tried to improve on the idea, instead of scrapping it entirely in favor for the casual gamer as they did with Tekken 5 and 6.

I'm actually interested in hearing what exactly do the people here dislike about Tekken 4 as far as the game's revamped system.

Message 83 of 103 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
93 posts

Sep 17, 2012

The AI needs improvement and the scenario campaign needs to off the series, but go for Tekken Force mode instead. The new Tekken Tag Tournament installment disappointed me and it's not because of the customization. It's because arcade mode isn't working the way the difficulty setting is even on an easy setting. If I want to play whether on easy, medium, hard, advanced and expert, I want it to play the way the skill levels are. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 doesn't. I can play medium without a doubt and play defensively. Harada is really popping the balls here, no offense. I suspect him better than this.

Message 84 of 103 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Sep 29, 2012
you better read this post, Namco, it's for your own good.
Message 85 of 103 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
93 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

I doubt Katsuhiro Harada will read our stuff. That's his decision if he wants our ideas or not. Sometimes his ego went too far on the fans, so I don't always believe what he thinks. Even so, sometimes I want him to focus on getting the new fans than getting the old-school hardcore fans. The fight lab doesn't seem to be a tutorial mode to the newcomers or to comeback players, but that's just me. It's still boring to use Devil Jin as a partner to defeat Unknown.

Message 86 of 103 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Message 87 of 103 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Um...dude....ive beaten Unknown with Devil Jin....once. Every other time was with the character that I wanted the ending for.If you can only beat her with Devil Jin...that means you dont put enough play time into the other characters. Period.

Message 88 of 103 (646 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 3, 2013
i agry you no what i dont like stop making nina back so big lol and bring tekken ball back and gon and i wood tag mode like ttt2 lovely it better than tekken 6 but you havint fix the loadind it takes to long to play loading all the time omg and thanks namco bandai your the best
Message 89 of 103 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Tekken 6 is and was a great game! And I have never experienced game breaking lag in the game, ever. Hell, I play with people from Japan and I have little lag, and I live in the U.S!

As for gameplay, the only problems I had were with the awful story mode and Namco's inability to provide a half decent training/practice mode. Namco needs to start helping the casual a bit more since the Tekken community it starting to get very secluded and elitist towards new players.

The core gameplay is nice, although I still wish that big combos were not so time sensitive. I have a feeling that Namco tried forcing superficial complexity nto the game rather than making a naturally complex fighter.

Bur my biggest issue with Tekken 6 is the lack of Tiger Jackson.
Message 90 of 103 (479 Views)
0 Likes