Message 31 of 444 (547 Views)
MVP Support
11598 posts

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Game Nights

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I have a copy of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 kicking around somewhere. It is easily one of my favorite fighting video games.

I’m not sure if I will be able to participate in these game nights with you guys but I will definitely make a note of them and keep them in mind. I hope you can keep these game nights alive because the PlayStation Community Forums do not have very many game nights for fighting video games.

I've got:

- Dead or Alive 5

- Soul Calibur IV

- Soul Calibur V

- Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

That are online capable.  If TTT2 Night turns out great for people, maybe we can look to getting other games in there for other nights?  My connection is pretty spotty right now (joys of AT&T/Bellsouth :smileyindifferent:) but if people just want to have some nights where they can throwdown in other Fighters with the community, I'm game for getting the above going.

My PlayStation 3 fighting video games include:

• Tekken 6
  • Soul Calibur IV
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

I think Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 might be another good choice for community game nights since (unless I’m mistaken) it has a spectator mode that allows up to six players to watch online battles while two other players go at it. I was toying around with the idea of organizing game nights for this video game in the past but it can be difficult to gauge interest in various fighting video games when the fighting genre section is as active as it is right now.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison

Message 32 of 444 (542 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Oct 21, 2013

SweetPoison13 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I have a copy of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 kicking around somewhere. It is easily one of my favorite fighting video games.

I’m not sure if I will be able to participate in these game nights with you guys but I will definitely make a note of them and keep them in mind. I hope you can keep these game nights alive because the PlayStation Community Forums do not have very many game nights for fighting video games.

I've got:

- Dead or Alive 5

- Soul Calibur IV

- Soul Calibur V

- Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

That are online capable.  If TTT2 Night turns out great for people, maybe we can look to getting other games in there for other nights?  My connection is pretty spotty right now (joys of AT&T/Bellsouth :smileyindifferent:) but if people just want to have some nights where they can throwdown in other Fighters with the community, I'm game for getting the above going.

My PlayStation 3 fighting video games include:

• Tekken 6
  • Soul Calibur IV
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

I think Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 might be another good choice for community game nights since (unless I’m mistaken) it has a spectator mode that allows up to six players to watch online battles while two other players go at it. I was toying around with the idea of organizing game nights for this video game in the past but it can be difficult to gauge interest in various fighting video games when the fighting genre section is as active as it is right now.

Out of those, i only have TTT2 and T6. If anyone else wants to host a Games Night for a different game, that'd have to be you hosting. Tekken has always been my go-to fighting game for the past 10 years and I don't see myself changing any time soon :smileytongue:

Bang Bang!

Message 33 of 444 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8600 posts

Oct 21, 2013
No one here has MK9? :smileysad:
 photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Message 34 of 444 (518 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41067 posts

Oct 22, 2013

nasrulez wrote:

I've never really been too big on MK.  I checked out one of the PS2 titles but didn't enjoy it and sold it to a friend.  To it's credit though, I hear it's always packed with single player stuff (unlockables for instance) which I like and which has kind of made me want to check out the latest one.

Message 35 of 444 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8600 posts

Oct 22, 2013
Trust me the PS2 MKs were god awful gameplay wise. I highly recommend MK9 if you ever decide to give the series another go. The gameplay is way smoother and isn't clunky like it was in 3D.

Back on topic, I think my worst match-up is against Kazuya. He's just so friggin' good!
Message 36 of 444 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Oct 22, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
Trust me the PS2 MKs were god awful gameplay wise. I highly recommend MK9 if you ever decide to give the series another go. The gameplay is way smoother and isn't clunky like it was in 3D.

Back on topic, I think my worst match-up is against Kazuya. He's just so friggin' good!

People spam him, the end :smileytongue:

(I hate to play the bad guy but let's try not to go off-topic [even though this is the off-topic forums...]!)

Bang Bang!

Message 37 of 444 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8600 posts

Oct 22, 2013
It's not even the spam, he just he such good mix-ups.
Message 38 of 444 (491 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5453 posts

Oct 22, 2013

nasrulez wrote:

I do, and I love it. :smileyhappy:

Grindhead_Jim

Message 39 of 444 (486 Views)