Fender Bender
3489 posts

Re: Terraria Release date and price?

Jul 1, 2013

Bluedot_v2 wrote:
I played this on the Xbox 360 and got so frustrated at the controls. Using the thumb stick to mine whatever was a pain, you have to adjust it just right to mine it other wise you had to mine the block closest to you and not your mid-max range like the PC allows.

Push the right thumb stick in (r3) and you have free roam mode enabled. No snap back function.  Smiley Tongue If you did the tutorial you would know this.

Message 21 of 36 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jul 1, 2013

Ah, okay that's the problem I only played it on the Xbox 360. I'll have to give it another try on the PS3, but I already have on the PC. Very fun game though.

photo MastershakeSig_zpsf70b018d.jpg
Deuces Xbox 360 (6/23/13)
Reformed Xbox Member
So what if my sig ain't pretty, I think it's dope!
Message 22 of 36 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Screen shot

Message 23 of 36 (345 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Well, here's August, and still no Terraria. I'm gonna wait for the rest of the year to see if it really does come out on PS VIta...

Message 24 of 36 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Mountans_of_Salt wrote:

Well, here's August, and still no Terraria. I'm gonna wait for the rest of the year to see if it really does come out on PS VIta...

Please don't bumb threads this old... Smiley Sad

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 25 of 36 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Aug 29, 2013

So Terraria just released on iOS ($4.99), yet still no word on the Vita version.

Sad.

Message 26 of 36 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

So Terraria just released on iOS ($4.99), yet still no word on the Vita version.

Sad.

What sucks even is more is that we'll get a $10 Vita tax for a total of $15 Smiley Mad Might just wait it out at this point for Minecraft on the Vita. It'll likely be only $20

Message 27 of 36 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Andy10003 wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

Sad.

What sucks even is more is that we'll get a $10 Vita tax for a total of $15 Smiley Mad Might just wait it out at this point for Minecraft on the Vita. It'll likely be only $20

Well I don't know how it'll play on Vita, but I can tell you Terraria is pretty **bleep** awesome on PC. It's currently $10 on Steam, so I would hope the Vita version would be priced at that mark.

Message 28 of 36 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

Could you give me some impressions? I've played Minecraft ever since Alpha but never actually played Terraria. My favoirte parts about Minecraft are really the exploring new land/caving/adventure/ aspects. I hear Terraria is good at these things, but I'm worried I won't enjoy it as much as I do in Minecrart due to the 2D nature of Terraria

Message 29 of 36 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Andy10003 wrote:

Could you give me some impressions? I've played Minecraft ever since Alpha but never actually played Terraria. My favoirte parts about Minecraft are really the exploring new land/caving/adventure/ aspects. I hear Terraria is good at these things, but I'm worried I won't enjoy it as much as I do in Minecrart due to the 2D nature of Terraria

I love the 2D nature of it. Honestly I didn't think I'd like it, but I became addicted - though I haven't played in awhile, I did play for ~40 hours.

If exploration is your favorite part, that's what Terraria definitely excels at. Though you can craft housing and stuff, it's really just to act as shelter and storage for your crafting furniture and chests - it's not like Minecraft where people build huge real-life structures. It's all about venturing deep into different biomes, fighting various enemies, many of which have unique AI patterns, and mining for different ore, or just mining to go deeper.

There are actual boss enemies in the game too, but I only ever beat one, so can't really tell you about it. I sadly forgot to copy over my save file when I built my new PC earlier in the year, so I lost all my progress Smiley Sad.

I also think, aesthetically, it's way better than Minecraft. The 2D look just makes it look crisper and it's very colorful in certain biomes (at least when you shine a torch). I honestly don't get the appeal of Minecraft, but maybe Terraria just spoiled me to that type of game. I'm like you - I like the exploration, and that's what Terraria does best, IMO.

Message 30 of 36 (111 Views)
0 Likes