Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 27 2014
By: HoodlumX Uncharted Territory 1362 posts

The Last of Us is coming to the PS4!

[ Edited ]
72 replies 602 views Edited Mar 27, 2014

If a video on Turkish website Multiplayer is any indication, The Last of Us is coming to PlayStation 4 this summer, and it will come packing single-player DLC Left Behind.

According to NeoGAF user Quirah (via user chadskin), Sercan Sulun – PlayStation’s Eurasian Software Market Manager -- says that while a sequel to The Last of Us may not be forthcoming any time soon, the “first game will be released this summer for PS4 as a physical and digital copy, with enhanced graphics.”

the-last-of-us-story-trailer-screenshot-3.png

If true – and it appears that it is, as Sulun is a high-ranking member of Sony that’s been with the company since August of 2012 – this would be a huge win for PS4 gamers hungry for some first party content. Other than Infamous: Second Son, Driveclub, MLB 14: The Show, and The Order: 1886, no triple-A first party games have been announced in PlayStation 4's 2014 calendar.

The Last of Us launched exclusively on PlayStation 3 in June of 2013. It is a masterpiece, and easily won IGN's 2013 Game of the Year award. Its story DLC, Left Behind, was also amazing, though it will, unfortunately, be the only piece of single-player DLC.

As of mid-March, The Last of Us has sold over six million copies.

-Original Post(IGN)

Message 1 of 73 (602 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

Re: The Last of Us is coming to the PS4!

Mar 27, 2014

That could be problamatic to some PS3 users though. There can be a significant division of multiplayer players too. I'd honestly rather have a sequel

young beard signature
Message 2 of 73 (569 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1414 posts

Mar 27, 2014
Awesome! If this is true, I'll be able to see what everyone is talking about how great this game is, since Ive never had a PS3 before.
Message 3 of 73 (563 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3652 posts

Mar 27, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

That could be problamatic to some PS3 users though. There can be a significant division of multiplayer players too. I'd honestly rather have a sequel

If this is true then it would just be plain awesome! I would so buy it again on PS4 and so would many others. Also Young i'm sure you'll get your sequel on PS4 you just have to wait a couple of years.

Message 4 of 73 (557 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5539 posts

Mar 27, 2014

I hope this is true.. I never played this game before and I will buy this for PS4 no doubt! I want to know why this is a hyped game... I want my experience in full throttle.. This game looks dope and am excited

photo xMYwEGm_zpsd47ce352.jpg
Message 5 of 73 (551 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

Mar 27, 2014

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
Awesome! If this is true, I'll be able to see what everyone is talking about how great this game is, since Ive never had a PS3 before.

You're missing out on a huge library of games on the PS3.

I recommend picking up a PS3. And get yourself TLOU, Uncharted series, and some of the HD remasters of PS2 games to start you off.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 6 of 73 (549 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Mar 27, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

Well the PS4 port wouldn't be out for quite a while. By then, most TLOU players will be done with the game on PS3. If they bring it to the PS4 will all DLC I think it would be a nice success. I think they should add a few new features with it. I can see them using the touchpad as the button to access your backpack. 

Message 7 of 73 (546 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1414 posts

Mar 27, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

You're missing out on a huge library of games on the PS3.

I recommend picking up a PS3. And get yourself TLOU, Uncharted series, and some of the HD remasters of PS2 games to start you off.

I wouldn't mind getting one eventually, but I'm the type of gamer where it takes me awhile to finish games, and I also don't have the time I used to, so as I have a backlog of games on the PS4 I need to get through now, I'd have a massive backlog of games I probably would never get through if I got a PS3. I'll wait till Gaikai.

Message 8 of 73 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

Mar 27, 2014

HoodlumX wrote:

YoungBeard wrote:

Well the PS4 port wouldn't be out for quite a while. By then, most TLOU players will be done with the game on PS3. If they bring it to the PS4 will all DLC I think it would be a nice success. I think they should add a few new features with it. I can see them using the touchpad as the button to access your backpack. 

Oh, it definitely wouldn't be bad at all. I just hope that they have enough resources for a proper sequel if they do make a port. Otherwise, I wouldn't see too much of a problem then. But I would say that it could be better if they make a port after a sequel... maybe?

young beard signature
Message 9 of 73 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Mar 27, 2014

I think Naughty Dog would like to bring TLOU to the PS4 to get people ready for a sequel. Believe it or not, a lot of people who own a PS4 didn't play TLOU on PS3. This gives them a chance to play it and to get involved and stoked for a sequel. 

That's how I like to think of it anyways.

Message 10 of 73 (473 Views)