Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Re: The Official Bring Back The Old Playstation Store!

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

The new store sucks Starballs.

I now have 4 PS3's and 2 of them can no longer access the PS Store!!!

One of the ones not able to get the store is my main PS3, the ones that can still access the store are broken a bit, one cant accept discs, the other requires me to open the console to put discs in, or take them out so it cant go in my entertainment stand!!!

So to get to the store I go through a lengthy process of deactivating and disconnecting my main PS3, then connecting and activating one of my broken PS3s, then adding content (if I can find it in the new store stupid format and broken search engine!!!)  Then deactivating and disconnecting the broken PS3 to reconnect and activate main ps3, go to download list and download, LOL.

Its well over half an hour to even get part way through this process!!!  And it has been like this since the store patch.

I used to get some weird message, now it tells me "the store is under maintenance, check back later".

Must be some patch if its in maintenance for several months, LOL.

Please Sony give me back simplicity and function, get this xbox-esc crap outta he!

Also how do you find game developer interviews on the store now?  Is that under movies or tv?  I checked botha dn found nothing.

The old store used to have a video section, it thats where I used to find this stuff.

Now it seems like you need to know where stuff is, go to the right section, and then you cans earch for it!!!!!

Total worthless BS the store is now.

The new store sucks Starballs. Pretty much sumed it up right there.

Message 31 of 87 (249 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
4703 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Make sure to include how to find videos that are not movies or tvs shows

Store > Games > Media

and how to find the applications like the PS3 warrenty

Select opens a menu with all available documents.

and especially the tricks to using the search function with included videos.

Not sure what you're asking, but if you're asking how to include videos in searches, that's automatic.  Videos are indicated by red blocks after the title with "TV" or "Movie" in the block.

Lastly show me where the free games section has gone to please.

Store > Games > PS3 Games >  Free To Play (or Demos)

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 32 of 87 (213 Views)
VP of Gaming
30384 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

There is no vote becasue there is no poll, & this Thread still isn't anywhere near 'official'.

BRIT-KO

It's Official enough.

Yeah Brit, dont rain on our parade now.

We have some real concerns, and would love some resolution.

we dont want to close our eyes and pretend everything is great, when it was better before.

Plus I have like $35 in the Store wallet I cant spend because I cant find anything and I cant access the store very easily to try and find something.  Its a frustrating mess if you ask me.

Maybe someone, I vote Brti-KO should write a guide to the new store???

Make sure to include how to find videos that are not movies or tvs shows, and how to find the applications like the PS3 warrenty, and especially the tricks to using the search function with included videos.

Instead of complaining that we are compalining solve our issue with your incredible PS Store prowess.

Thank you in advance.

Lol Philly!!

BRIT-KO

Message 33 of 87 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8743 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Make sure to include how to find videos that are not movies or tvs shows

Store > Games > Media

and how to find the applications like the PS3 warrenty

Select opens a menu with all available documents.

and especially the tricks to using the search function with included videos.

Not sure what you're asking, but if you're asking how to include videos in searches, that's automatic.  Videos are indicated by red blocks after the title with "TV" or "Movie" in the block.

Store > Games > PS3 Games >  Free To Play (or Demos)

Hey thanks,

And I meant a video showing how to use the search, because when I typed in PS3 warrenty (Or something similar)it said no results, talking to tech support and their follow up call got me to it and I found once in the correct section the search function seemed to work, but that made it useless.

If I have to know where something is before searching for it, I would not need to search for it.

And no wonder I could not find videos if they are in under the games heading, LOL.  That makes sense to you?

Would the video heading we used to have not be infinitely better to find videos in?

I am going to hook up the PS3 that still can access the store and try out your suggestions, thanks again for the reply.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 34 of 87 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Apr 5, 2013

It's doubtful they will ever convert the PSN Store back to it's Original Glory as it's been this way for a while now.

Message 35 of 87 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Apr 5, 2013

xripurjeansx wrote:

It's doubtful they will ever convert the PSN Store back to it's Original Glory as it's been this way for a while now.

Yup which really make's me question the point of this post.

Message 36 of 87 (167 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1446 posts

Apr 5, 2013

The new store is cool . I like it. just minor things that bother me. The search engine is a pain. Have to go through the whole avatar list to find the one i want.

But besides that its great and i like how it looks. feels 2013

Message 37 of 87 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 5, 2013

i dont understand the problem people are having with the way it is set up...

i have had no problems with the new store since day one and can easily find anything i need...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 38 of 87 (231 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1599 posts

Apr 6, 2013

kythunder wrote:

i dont understand the problem people are having with the way it is set up...

i have had no problems with the new store since day one and can easily find anything i need...

I agree with you. I've gotten used to it, even though it was difficult to use it from the start, but have gotten the hang of it with no trouble, and I'm sure you guys can get used to the new layout of the PS Store, so unless you want the old one back, it's not going to happen.

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Message 39 of 87 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Apr 8, 2013

I've gotten used to it as well for the most part but that still doesn't mean it's not totally retarrded.

Message 40 of 87 (212 Views)
0 Likes