Treasure Hunter
7350 posts

Re: The One and Only "PLAYSTATION®3 Setups" Thread

Dec 11, 2008

there's some nice setups in here Smiley Happy  I'll have to take some of mine tonight and post up.

Cheers

Sneeches Trophy Card
Message 30 of 3,769 (1,007 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1167 posts

Re: **The Unofficial** Playstation 3 TV & Setup Thread - Updated Dec 9/08

Dec 11, 2008

nice setup, but your tv looks crooked to me. Is it like that or am i just making it up in my head.

PSN- BEERSKI / ADD ME
Work
Message 31 of 3,769 (1,007 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Dec 11, 2008

Nice setups. Here is mine from home, haven't gotten a new picture taken yet from college.

HOLY CRAP!!  You really need to get that PS3 breathing.  Really surprised it hasn't crapped out on you yet. 

Message 32 of 3,769 (1,007 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Dec 11, 2008

shungokusatsu wrote:

I haven't taken any recent pics, but my setup hasn't changed much.

nice, but how do you post pictures? i dont know how to do it

Message 33 of 3,769 (1,007 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1551 posts

Dec 11, 2008
Message 34 of 3,769 (1,007 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 11, 2008

sithknight1 wrote:

AudioFenix wrote:

sithknight1, I like the equipment, and the room, but why is the stand away from the wall like that? It just kind of ruins the flow for me, especially all the loose wires behind it too. Rest of the room is very nice though.

I'm sad that the other thread was closed. I'm going to have to repost now.

You're totally right. (By the way, sweet setup AudioFenix.)
Those you mention, are 2 details that I Haven't been able to quite nail down. Firts the distance: The room is just too freaking big. If you check the pictures you realize the tv is in front of my bed. The distance between my point of view and the TV is currently 12 feet. When I arranged the room the 1st time the TV was against the wall and the distance was 16 feet. My  TV is a Samsung 52" (LN-T5271F). 16 feet was just too far for a 52" screen. Moving the tv away from the wall to the 12 feet spot where it sits now is not the cannon but is a bit better and it was the only solution that came to mind. (The purists say that with a 52" your optimal point of view should be between 7 and 8 feet)
As for the losse wires, I know. You're absolutely right. And the fact the TV is away from the wall, makes them even more difficut to hide.
 I can't move the bed forward because that'd mean a weird walkway between the bed's headboard and the wall but I'm open for suggestions in case anybody has an idea for either the distance situation or the clutter situation. (My pics are on page 1 of this thread)

Message Edited by sithknight1 on 12-11-2008 12:29 PM
Message Edited by sithknight1 on 12-11-2008 12:31 PM

use the area where your computer is and make into a sweet ass gaming room WOOOOO!!

Message Edited by lM-PREGNANT on 12-11-2008 10:39 AM
Message 35 of 3,769 (1,007 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9447 posts

Dec 11, 2008

Here's my setup as of late. Not much has changed other than new movies and games.

The purple chair is my girlfriends. Shes keeping it at my place while shes home for the winter....its really comfey though, its nuts. 

Just for fun...i went as The Joker for Halloween.

Too bad in the 2nd pic i took my fake scars off before that pic was taken...i couldn't eat with them on!!! lol

Message 36 of 3,769 (1,007 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Dec 11, 2008

poopinurface wrote:

nice setup, but your tv looks crooked to me. Is it like that or am i just making it up in my head.

Yea Man Sad, I've noticed that too. I haven't taken the time to measure and see if it is slanted or if it's just an optical illusion. It's only evident like that in pictures.
Message Edited by AudioFenix on 12-11-2008 01:01 PM
Message 37 of 3,769 (1,007 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6532 posts

Dec 11, 2008

shungokusatsu wrote:

Welcome to the popular PLAYSTATION®3 TV and Setup thread! This thread is intended to be a place for you to share your PlayStation setups with your fellow forum members!

Before participating in this thread, please take the time to familiarize yourself with all the rules and standards of this thread. Failure to follow these rules and standards could result in your posts being removed from the forum. 

The original setup thread has simply outgrown itself, and many of you felt it was time for a new thread. We've recreated it with some guidelines to keep things in order.

1. This is first and foremost a PlayStation community. If your setup happens to have other consoles in it, that's fine. Let's just make sure its PlayStation related and all discussion strictly PlayStation.
  2. Please don't post pictures larger than 1024 x 768 pixels. After that size it starts to stretch and skew the page, requiring everyone to use the scrolling sidebars. If your image is over that size, simply post the direct URL so we can click it without having the page distorted.
  3. Please try to keep the image(s) under 800 kb, especially if you're posting more than one. Having tons of huge images from several users all adds up and can take time to download.
  4. Please don't quote images. It just eats of bandwidth and can stretch the page. If you'd like to quote a user, please edit out the image(s) first.
  5. It should go without saying, but we'll say it again anyway: all community rules and policies apply. As such, all content should be kept appropriate. There is zero tolerance for this.

Have fun, and let's see those setups! :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by shungokusatsu on 12-10-2008 11:40 PM

You should also add...keep the images PS3 related, we don't need to see the other 50 electronics you have or 10 images of all the furniture in your dwelling. Also we don't need to see the same picture repeated with 10 different lighting conditions.

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 38 of 3,769 (1,007 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Dec 11, 2008

RCROX2008 wrote:

I am SO jealous of you...

You're more than welcome to a "Sony addicted" gaming session anytime my friend. LOL. 

Message 39 of 3,769 (1,007 Views)
0 Likes