Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Re: The PS Vita Topic Round Up Thread.

Jun 20, 2013

Fingers06 wrote:

This may have been answered but I can't seem to find it.

The features I keep reading list the PS4 Remote Play as "over Wi-Fi access points in a local area network." Now does this mean WAN or  just my house's LAN? Am I able to play a game on my PS4 using Vita while sitting at a coffee shop or does it just allow me to keep playing while I have to take a dump and move from the couch to the throne?

I haven't tried this yet myself, but it looks like you can with the caveat that you have to set things up with your PS3 ahead of time.  Here's a link to the instructions: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/remoteplay/remoteinternet.html

Please implement Remote Play in PS4 Xenoverse!
Message 41 of 146 (948 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

Hi, I've been very curious lately about how Sony plans to implement Gaikai on psVita. How's psp, ps2, ps3, ps4 and psvita adhoc and online features gonna work? I really want to be able to play ps4's Tom Clancy's The Division on my vita but that game's concept is an open world third person massive online rpg shooter with extreme graphics, would it really be possible to stream cloud the title with Gaikai on Vita and play the game online at the same time? My vita will automatically claim the rank of king of the portables if i were able for example: play Uncharted 2 Among Thieves multiplayer with it. I have so much faith on Gaikai CEO David Perry to do exacly that. And one more question i'd like to ask is why can't we buy avatars with vita's ps store? One last critical question is if ps4's playstation network game servers are gonna be better this time around since we'll need ps plus to so. Thanks.Smiley Surprised

Message 42 of 146 (935 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 23, 2013
I got to thinking would sony make a vita case that would add features the ps4 controler has the vita dosent? Like a light bar L and R triggers and possible be form fitting to the hand. Oh and that share button too. if so man it would be the ultimate controller
Message 43 of 146 (877 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 23, 2013
We will probly see gaikai roll out at nxt e3 in full force just hope it wont be an added cost but added to ps+. As for ps4 game streaming its seems that will be ready day one since pspvita was made with that feature in mind along with using it as a second screen for gaming. Sony says nothing needs to be done on devs side because it just happens due to how vita was made from the begaing. I cant wait to see whats possible on my vita along side my ps4. Its very exciting indeed.
Message 44 of 146 (876 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Ya it just happends on psp vita so no need to wait it will be ready for day one ps4 launch.

http://gamingbolt.com/playstation-4-remote-play-allows-for-ps4-in-your-pocket
Message 45 of 146 (847 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 4, 2013

day 2 of owning the vita i thought it was a waste...hope the ps4 puts it to better use

Message 46 of 146 (739 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jul 16, 2013

I'm wondering if I should buy a PS Vita or if it's going to be phased out. I know that they pushed Vita at E3 but I purchased a PS Vita from the Sony Store online and they informed me that they would have to put my order on back order as they were low on stock. Now they've informed me that my order is being cancelled as they are not going to sell PS Vita anymore.

Seems like conflicting information if the Sony Store is not selling the console anymore. Wondering if anyone knows if the system will be cut altogether or if it's just the Sony Store that are cutting the system?

Message 47 of 146 (619 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

GunnerMcDagget wrote:

I'm wondering if I should buy a PS Vita or if it's going to be phased out. I know that they pushed Vita at E3 but I purchased a PS Vita from the Sony Store online and they informed me that they would have to put my order on back order as they were low on stock. Now they've informed me that my order is being cancelled as they are not going to sell PS Vita anymore.

Seems like conflicting information if the Sony Store is not selling the console anymore. Wondering if anyone knows if the system will be cut altogether or if it's just the Sony Store that are cutting the system?

Not selling the PSVita? Smiley LOL

You should absolutely get a PSVita.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 48 of 146 (617 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jul 16, 2013
I mean the Sony Store not selling the PSVita. Wondering if I should buy it from one of the games stores but would hate to buy it only for the production to stop in 6 months time, or are the current game worth it anyway?
Message 49 of 146 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jul 16, 2013

GunnerMcDagget wrote:
I mean the Sony Store not selling the PSVita. Wondering if I should buy it from one of the games stores but would hate to buy it only for the production to stop in 6 months time, or are the current game worth it anyway?

Huh?  I can see several versions (Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi/3G and Instant Game Bundle) showing as available on the Sony Store.  Am I missing something? 

But beyond that, there's a lot of great content there - particularly if you like fighting games but even more beyond that - which makes the Vita a great buy.  I do wish the memory cards were more reasonable, but I've been very happy with my Vita purchase. 

Please implement Remote Play in PS4 Xenoverse!
Message 50 of 146 (592 Views)
0 Likes