Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Re: The PS Vita Topic Round Up Thread.

Sep 6, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

LAST_REAL_GAMER wrote:

JuanMdP wrote:
The PSV's UI sucks, smartphones' UI are way ahead of it. Even the PSP's UI was better. The PSV's is clunky and wastes space, not to mention that you can't have more than 100 icons. That said, you'd be dumb to pass on the PSV for its retarded UI~.

Its not dumb. How am i supposed like a device when i cant stand the ui? Device interface is important to me.

1. A Vita should be bought for games.

2. You "suffer" the UI for all of two seconds as you click a bubble.

3. You're in the game and no longer see/use the Vita UI you loathe so much.

You sir have an extremly valid point. I just want what i. Would it hurt to have some extra customization options?

You people dont have to be nazis on my opinion though.

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 146 (905 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

LAST_REAL_GAMER wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

LAST_REAL_GAMER wrote:

JuanMdP wrote:
The PSV's UI sucks, smartphones' UI are way ahead of it. Even the PSP's UI was better. The PSV's is clunky and wastes space, not to mention that you can't have more than 100 icons. That said, you'd be dumb to pass on the PSV for its retarded UI~.

Its not dumb. How am i supposed like a device when i cant stand the ui? Device interface is important to me.

1. A Vita should be bought for games.

2. You "suffer" the UI for all of two seconds as you click a bubble.

3. You're in the game and no longer see/use the Vita UI you loathe so much.

You sir have an extremly valid point. I just want what i. Would it hurt to have some extra customization options?

You people dont have to be nazis on my opinion though.

I'm not a fan of the interface - not because I don't like the bubbles, but rather because I feel there's too much wasted space (ie. they can easily fit more bubbles per page).

However, I think the interface is a ridiculous reason to not get one because of my aforementioned point - it's about the games, which each have their own UI. I guess if you plan on using the Vita for other things, it'd matter more, but it doesn't to me.

The one thing I will say I like about the Vita's UI is the game pages - when you click on a game bubble, you're presented with a screen where you can simply hit "Start" to launch the game, but also have the option of checking out the manual without having to launch the game, downloading any updates if they're available without having to go into the store, or uploading/downloading your saved game data to PS Plus (if you're a subscriber). And then you can even swipe up to see recent game activity, like trophies you unlocked or friends playing the game. I just find all that rather convenient. Oh, and of course, being able to pause any game by simply hitting the PS (Home) button and having it there for you to hop back in (particularly nice in a game like Dragon's Crown that doesn't allow you to pause in-game even when playing solo).

So yeah, the UI can be improved, but when it comes to playing games (which is the ONLY reason I bought my Vita), I actually quite like the interface it provides me.

Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 146 (899 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3341 posts

Sep 7, 2013

This talk about the UI, as much as I personally don't like the bubble's and wish for more customization options I LOVE my PS Vita, I love the peel down lockscreen, I love the Live Screen for each app, game, when it provides more information, clickables, manual, etc. as xClayMeow stated.

I really like putting pictures on the pages, but I have taken them totally off and have one color consistent from top to bottom, a varied dark blue for how fluid and natural it looks flicking from one page to another. Pictures on pages, when you flick to another page it load solid black then the picture. I haven't tried it since the last little update, but it's been a pain to me since day 1, but I do like the color choices for pages, and am happy for that much.

To buy or not to buy, that is one's option. Bubble Icons is a reason for someone not to buy, so be it. The thing about the UI and the hardware is, the hardware kicks butt but the UI looks like, just looking at bubbles on pages, a cheap knockoff device --sort of. I say "sort of" because it's not THAT cheesey looking. Only partially, nearly, but not overly too much.

I still love my PS Vita, and I love my round bubble folders to put the ugly bubbles inside of so those bubbles aren't in my face all the time.

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 146 (889 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Sep 13, 2013

I do not mind the bubbles. They are just a different way to display an icon. How id that much different than a phones interface? Push icon or bubble and launch the application.

PSN ID: Uncle-Remus
1TB PS4 250gb PS3
PS Vita

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 146 (833 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Sep 16, 2013

sozz to jump in here but need help..

1. how do i add ps+ to my vita?

7.where do i find ps2 games to dl onto my vita?

16. can i add ps+ to my cyborgWARZONE account and it be on the ps3 and the vita at the same time?

34. will all this be self explanatory when i get my vita next week?

57. is there a list of All games that are playable on the vita?

thanks for helping me out

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 146 (805 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3341 posts

Sep 16, 2013

cyborgWARZONE wrote:

sozz to jump in here but need help..

1. how do i add ps+ to my vita?

7.where do i find ps2 games to dl onto my vita?

16. can i add ps+ to my cyborgWARZONE account and it be on the ps3 and the vita at the same time?

34. will all this be self explanatory when i get my vita next week?

57. is there a list of All games that are playable on the vita?

thanks for helping me out

1. To add PS+ to your PSN ID buy it anywhere, on PS3 or PS Vita or PC. Redeem a code or outright buy it, both ways end up the same ... you have PS+ for that PSN ID.

If you use the same PSN ID on your PS Vita, that's it, just go to the PS Store and get the stuff.

You can "buy" the free PS+ content on your PS3 and PS Vita. On the PS3 you can buy PS Vita games too, but on PS Vita you can only access the buying of PS VIta-able games. On the PC you can buy all the content and even "send" it to your devices.

16. If your PSN ID buys PS+ that same PSN ID can use PS+ on both the PS3 and PS VIta, and also the future PS4.

7. The PS3 and PC PS Stores have categories and filters you can use for you to find what's playable on PS Vita. The PS Vita's PS Store has only PS Vita playable content it's arranged differently, easy enough to tell what's what once you are there.

34. Yes, if not, come back and ask for more help.

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 146 (795 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Thanks Crazy-Maisy :smileyhappy:

Awesome help there and Kudos for you too!

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 146 (792 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Sep 16, 2013

i made a thread over in the other section but noone has helped....should of made it here......

will you havea look at it and help me out?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Action-Adventure-General/kill-zone-syphon-filter-pack/m-p/416...

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 146 (782 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2464 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2013

This is for all the people who ever said the PSV doesn't need MH. Sony's biggest mistake (with the PSV) was to not cling to the MH franchise with all the money in their pockets~.

Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 146 (741 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Sep 19, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

This is for all the people who ever said the PSV doesn't need MH. Sony's biggest mistake (with the PSV) was to not cling to the MH franchise with all the money in their pockets~.

Well MH: Frontier G has been announced for Vita, but so far only for Japan (for all platforms).

Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 146 (730 Views)
0 Likes