Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Re: The PS Vita Topic Round Up Thread.

Sep 6, 2013

LAST_REAL_GAMER wrote:

Dear Playstation, 

Id buy a Ps Vita, but the gui is so childish. Idk if the japanese think its cute looking but everytime i have the money i think of those bubbles and turn away. Either change it or have changable user interface options. 

That is all. Good day.

If some bubbles turn you off to the Vita, then you mustn't really want one to begin with. Seriously, that's gotta be the dumbest argument against a Vita I've heard.

Message 81 of 146 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Sep 6, 2013

i didn't realize that Square objects were more adult than Circular objects...

PS Vita Games in 2014: The Ultimate List -
http://forums.playstationlifestyle.net/threads/ps-vita-games-in-2014-the-ultimate-list.615/
Message 82 of 146 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

The latest GUI update made the bubbles look nicer.

Bubbles are different, that's why they seem "childish" to the OP, I venture to guess. Most other devices have icons that are square or square with rounded corners.

Simply having circle icons or bubbles (choice of which one) would be appreciated.

Bubbles are not Child-ish, per se, just an odd style compared with other devices interfaces, some of the bubbles are pretty garish (Party app, for instance, Friends, as well.) Ultimately it may or may not be a choice that we have, but maybe they'll gives us some kind of "theme" ability, which might change the look of icons, a wish, a hope, not a certainty.

I have circles and squares and other shapes as icons on my Windows Desktop. I have something similar on my Android devices.

The Bubbles are dimentionally frustrating to me, atimes, the look of them does grate on my nerves, but I accept it since it is what it is. I really wanted folders and now I have round folders, that really bugs me but I live with it.

The PS Vita is oblong with round sides. I think they wanted to repeat the round look. Nice rounded corners of squares would echo it just fine. 

Sony using bubbles is a way to put any icon into the interface, whether it's a PS Vita game or app, or mini or psp or ps1 title. FWIW

Message 83 of 146 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Sep 6, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

LAST_REAL_GAMER wrote:

Dear Playstation, 

Id buy a Ps Vita, but the gui is so childish. Idk if the japanese think its cute looking but everytime i have the money i think of those bubbles and turn away. Either change it or have changable user interface options. 

That is all. Good day.

If some bubbles turn you off to the Vita, then you mustn't really want one to begin with. Seriously, that's gotta be the dumbest argument against a Vita I've heard.

I do want a vita, just like i want an ipad but i cant stand the ui. Its the same reason i threw out my 360. 

Me buying a vita is like owning a jet black mustang and having a bubble pattern through the whole interior.

You wonder why no one really has a vita? Its because the ui is corny.

Go somewhere else boy

Message 84 of 146 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Sep 6, 2013

LAST_REAL_GAMER wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

LAST_REAL_GAMER wrote:

Dear Playstation, 

That is all. Good day.

I do want a vita, just like i want an ipad but i cant stand the ui. Its the same reason i threw out my 360. 

Me buying a vita is like owning a jet black mustang and having a bubble pattern through the whole interior.

You wonder why no one really has a vita? Its because the ui is corny.

Go somewhere else boy

Seeing your PSN name and then reading this...thanks for the LOLS!

Message 85 of 146 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Im glad that cheap cellphone ui's on gaming devices are funny to you.

Message 86 of 146 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Sep 6, 2013
The PSV's UI sucks, smartphones' UI are way ahead of it. Even the PSP's UI was better. The PSV's is clunky and wastes space, not to mention that you can't have more than 100 icons. That said, you'd be dumb to pass on the PSV for its retarded UI~.
Message 87 of 146 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Sep 6, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
The PSV's UI sucks, smartphones' UI are way ahead of it. Even the PSP's UI was better. The PSV's is clunky and wastes space, not to mention that you can't have more than 100 icons. That said, you'd be dumb to pass on the PSV for its retarded UI~.

Its not dumb. How am i supposed like a device when i cant stand the ui? Device interface is important to me.

Message 88 of 146 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

LAST_REAL_GAMER wrote:

Its not dumb. How am i supposed like a device when i cant stand the ui? Device interface is important to me.

Your preferences are your preferences. It's just that regardless of a device's capabilities, no matter how good they are, you won't purchase it because of the interface. I don't like the UI that much either, but it's surprising to me how strongly you feel about the UI. I don't see it as a big deal.

Message 89 of 146 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Sep 6, 2013

LAST_REAL_GAMER wrote:

JuanMdP wrote:

1. A Vita should be bought for games.

2. You "suffer" the UI for all of two seconds as you click a bubble.

3. You're in the game and no longer see/use the Vita UI you loathe so much.

Message 90 of 146 (382 Views)
0 Likes