Fender Bender
2599 posts

Re: The PS4 should be able to stream to twitch.tv NOT JUST Ustream.tv

Jun 14, 2013

Microsoft can go crazy with twitch. Ive used it, and my connection is great. However, it lagged and was bad. So it was worthless.

Message 11 of 28 (426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I actually don't work for twitch.tv, i have been broadcasting a year and half and have lost thousands of dollars doing it. I stopped working to pursure it, buying all the necessary hardware, license for Xsplit, giveaways etc..... But thanks for responding and putting the link in. Also i have seen websites that state that Xbox/twitch.tv is not exclusive, so i dont know what to believe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 28 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Why does it matter? The PS4 is designed to work with Ustream, which means that every PS4 user is going to automatically (more than likely) get a Ustream account tied to their PSN. So if all the PS4 players are streaming their game to other PS4 users...why does it matter if it's Twitch or Ustream? It doesn't.

Message 13 of 28 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1334 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Like the guy said, MS partnered with twitchtv which basically means Sony won't be supported unless a specific game like Black Ops 2 does now and even then it may not be possible due to the fact that MS is partnered up and MS made the smart move by partnering with them. Ustream is dirt, Sony should just invest in their own livestreaming service instead of the cheap Ustream.
Message 14 of 28 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1932 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

Why does it matter? The PS4 is designed to work with Ustream, which means that every PS4 user is going to automatically (more than likely) get a Ustream account tied to their PSN. So if all the PS4 players are streaming their game to other PS4 users...why does it matter if it's Twitch or Ustream? It doesn't.

For some broadcasters is means a great deal... in our case as a Twitch Partner its one of our few revenue partners that actually makes money. Though I am super jealous of the integration with XBox and the features, we will still work to stream just like we do now using the AV outputs on PS3. We just won't have all of the kool features like XBox does.

I don't think there is anything actually blocking us using Twitch and it will work just like it does now.

Message 15 of 28 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Jun 17, 2013

DJHaole wrote:

Matsudaira wrote:

For some broadcasters is means a great deal... in our case as a Twitch Partner its one of our few revenue partners that actually makes money. Though I am super jealous of the integration with XBox and the features, we will still work to stream just like we do now using the AV outputs on PS3. We just won't have all of the kool features like XBox does.

I don't think there is anything actually blocking us using Twitch and it will work just like it does now.

I still don't understand the problem? Are you guys under the impression that any random person can watch you play from the website, if they are not using a PS4? That's certainly not the impression I got from the feature. My understanding is that it's used for players to stream their gameplay to other PS4 users, not to the internet platform.

Message 16 of 28 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

DJHaole wrote:

Matsudaira wrote:

I still don't understand the problem? Are you guys under the impression that any random person can watch you play from the website, if they are not using a PS4? That's certainly not the impression I got from the feature. My understanding is that it's used for players to stream their gameplay to other PS4 users, not to the internet platform.

I think that he means that streaming to Twitch is more lucrative for them, and that current functionality via external hardware should still be able to accomplish this.  However, if it is a closed system to only PS4 users, people on either side of that fence may not see these "non-supported" streams.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 17 of 28 (381 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

First off I would like to thank everyone for their replies and to DJHaole and PLYMCO_PILGRIM, Thank you. Now for those of you interested in my concerns let me put it In its simplest form. As a broadcaster it matters a great deal to me where the Playstation 4 will be able to broadcast to, because as a broadcaster you want the website your broadcasting to, to have as many viewers as possible so it gives you a chance to grow your channel and ultimately become a partner. Now for the record I am a broadcaster on Twitch.tv, IF the playstation 4 is only able to broadcast to Ustream.tv, that would mean millions of potential viewers would be using Ustream.tv instead of Twitch.tv, because in all honesty where would they choose to watch? It would seem logical that they would watch where they have their account and where they broadcast themselves. I believe a gamer should have the option to broadcast to any website he chooses to from the playstation 4. A prime example of this is Xsplit, they are impartial and a broadcaster can choose whether to broadcaster to Twitch.tv or Ustream.tv or any other place he chooses. For those that think I am being biased because I am a broadcaster on Twitch.tv, Im not. I believe that the users of Xbox One should have that same option, they should be able to broadcast to Twitch.tv or Ustream.tv or any place they choose to. You may argue and say, well people would still have the option to broadcast wherever they like, and although this may be true, how many people do you know that have an extra $200 for a good capture card? Hopefully they have a decent computer, if not, lets add whatever a decent computer costs nowadays. Last I checked it was $1000, now add an Xsplit licence, cables, and any other hardware they might need to get this running....Now tack on the Playstation 4 itself, and a game or 2....Well I think you get the idea. It could run anywhere from $1000 to a few thousand. It took me the latter to get up and running, but how many other people do you know that can make the same sacrifice? All this when a simple plugin would suffice. Ask yourself this, Is it fair that the gaming world be divided and coralled (Again) because of the political outlook and financial gain of any company? Being able to direct the masses to one website is power, but this is power that should be left in the hands of the gamer, because it is their power to exercise choice, regardless of the preference in platform. This is what I believe, and what you should be concerned about.

P.S. Although I have a special interest in this, It is not without the concerns, and in the best interest of the gaming world in general and as a whole. Everyones opinion matters, and although different views and contructive criticism are welcome, please keep it respectful, resourceful, productive etc... Thank You.

InventorBLADES

https://twitter.com/InventorBLADES

http://www.twitch.tv/inventorBLADES

http://www.youtube.com/InventorBLADES

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 28 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

InventorBLADES wrote:

Very Long Explanation Snip.

InventorBLADES

https://twitter.com/InventorBLADES

http://www.twitch.tv/inventorBLADES

http://www.youtube.com/InventorBLADES

I don't think this will work...HOWEVER, this does give me an idea. It appears that, according to this link:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/twitch-sdk-could-allow-games-to-be-streamed-from-any-platform/

Which was posted by another member above, there could be a possibility of a workaround. See, SDKs can be built into different applications, right? What if instead of contacting PS alone, you tried to get someone who makes one of these PC streaming apps, that are free, to make a version for PS4 since the architecture is now almost identical to PCs? Considering, if I remember correctly, the PS4 now supports light multitasking, having a light version of a streaming application running in the background should be possible. Especially if doing something like this (IE: Treating an application as a streaming application) is built into the kernel.

This is entirely possible in software alone.

Or! You could contact Sony and request for them to make an official streaming application, which, even though not at the "system" level. (You could make the excuse that it runs in user mode). These are two possible solutions, mainly because the exclusive partnership seems worder very strictly. Imagine if M$ said "We have exclusive Twitch.TV support." and then Sony says "Stream anywhere you want guys."

Message 19 of 28 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

Im guessing if Microsoft has a hold of them its Microsoft or nothing.. meaning they wont show up on competing consoles.

Edit: It's not even a guess... there is no way it would happen, lol..

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 20 of 28 (217 Views)
0 Likes