Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Re: The Real Cost Of PlayStation Plus --- Year 1

Jun 30, 2010

FirstPlaceSwag wrote:

108 bucks? -_- there goes my new pair of Air Jordans

That's $108 in savings.

So if you buy everything on discount, and download everything free you will spend $108 less than someone without PlayStaiton Plus who buys everything PlayStation Plus offers.

Then you could use that savings to buy those Air Jordans, if you want to.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 103 (24 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 30, 2010

Exactly, so for those who aren't going on a monthly shopping spree this thing is pretty useless. I don't even have the games they offer free content to. So this is what PSN+ would do for me:

Save me 1$ for the fat princess expansion which I already bought. So nah, I'm gonna pass. Now, if they had bundled it with LBP like they did on europe, or a game worthwhile, we'd be hearing a different story. I'm actually thinking of getting PSN+ on my fake european account just because of this as I don't have LBP. But I heard its best to buy the GOTY version. 

Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 103 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jun 30, 2010

This thread is great I look forward to reading it every month!!:manvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 103 (24 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 30, 2010

Well Im only expecting that DLCs are  for free. To shame if it's only 1 per mounth.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

"This is my SIGNATURE"

// Commentary: You Do not Want to Mess with the ZoHan !
/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 103 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jun 30, 2010

X1L15ofX wrote:

Well Im only expecting that DLCs are  for free. To shame if it's only 1 per mounth.

It's just my personal belief.  I just made $20 on free DLC expansions.  I don't expect that every month.  It's likely a hook to reel people like me in and it works.  But I do believe that the savings will pay for itself well before the end of the year, on top of which we get three bonus months.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 103 (24 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 30, 2010
We're supposed to get 4 games every month that are playable for free with a plus subscription.so a basic 3 month membership gets you 12 games, and a basic 12 month membership gets you 48 games. So you're only paying about a dollar a game. And every year is going to net you more games, in addition to free dlc, themes, avatars, and whatever else they decide to offer for free. Obviously there are many variables, like already owning the content offered that changes the value of the service some, but this is an evolving service, so in the coming months many of the issues and complaints may be addressed by Sony.

I'm going to subscribe because I feel this service is going to be $50 well spent every year for many years to come. I also think it's a no-brainer for new PS3 owners to subscribe to the service. Wipeout HD is a very good game and covers the cost of a 3 month subscription by itself.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 103 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Jun 30, 2010

could care less about avatars or themes or any of those games or anything it offers.  As long as I can still play socom 4 this fall, any COD and other major games that come out this year online I'm good to go.  This sounds like something geared more towards much younger kids who like all that extra funsy bs.

Played 2 betas in 3 years and 1 of those was on pc so pfft.  I'll keep my cash thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 103 (24 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7450 posts

Jun 30, 2010

Nods to the Op, points and facts presented, instead of the usual nonsense people post.

New Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 103 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2989 posts

Jun 30, 2010

catsdontsmile wrote:

Exactly, so for those who aren't going on a monthly shopping spree this thing is pretty useless. I don't even have the games they offer free content to. So this is what PSN+ would do for me:

Save me 1$ for the fat princess expansion which I already bought. So nah, I'm gonna pass. Now, if they had bundled it with LBP like they did on europe, or a game worthwhile, we'd be hearing a different story. I'm actually thinking of getting PSN+ on my fake european account just because of this as I don't have LBP. But I heard its best to buy the GOTY version. 

Thoughts?

Yup.  Unless you're interested in those specific games, there isn't any reason to subscribe to Playstation Plus.  It seems useful only for those who download a lot of games. 

Those of us who don't have time to even play the games we have now, this service doesn't offer anything.  Oh well, I'll keep my eyes on this service to see if anything improves.

- Hiya.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 103 (24 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1064 posts

Jul 3, 2010
Don't you get WipeOut HD for free? That was the thing that was persuading me to buy Plus..

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 103 (24 Views)
0 Likes