Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1064 posts

Re: The Real Cost Of PlayStation Plus --- Year 1

Jul 3, 2010
Also, you only save money if you want this terrible content. $1 off a $10 game, woo. Bad deal unless you like Mahjong and Super Smash Cars. Wait, it's still a bad deal.

DISCOUNTS ARE NOT SAVINGS.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 103 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jul 3, 2010

acesxh1gh wrote:
Also, you only save money if you want this terrible content. $1 off a $10 game, woo. Bad deal unless you like Mahjong and Super Smash Cars. Wait, it's still a bad deal.

DISCOUNTS ARE NOT SAVINGS.

Your logic is based on not liking the content this month, obviously you should not be buying the membership this month.........Quite simple actually.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 103 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Jul 3, 2010

people are saying it's only useful if you download a lot of stuff off of the store. i don't usually. plus gives me a chance to play games I otherwise couldn't justify the cost of. at least in the first month so far. i also got the magic orbz dlc's so I can play those for free as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 103 (22 Views)
Sackboy
436 posts

Jul 3, 2010

u forgot the free games list :smileytongue: wipeout and all ... thats another 30+ buck

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 103 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jul 4, 2010

disunion wrote:

people are saying it's only useful if you download a lot of stuff off of the store. i don't usually. plus gives me a chance to play games I otherwise couldn't justify the cost of. at least in the first month so far. i also got the magic orbz dlc's so I can play those for free as well.

Same here, i only got it this month because of the 3 extra months that i get and for the free games. I actually dont expect any discounts on the games i have, well actually it would be sweet to get discounts on Red Dead Redemption DLC, if any comes out thats not free. ... But people need to remember this is OPTIONAL and if you dont like it dont get it, its not like XBL where u need it no matter what, its just a nice thing to have and could save u money on a totally different way.

For instance, I have the itch to play something new every 3 weeks or so, now since i know that every month i get to play something new for free, im not gonna waste money on some crappy PSN game or go buy a new game that im not sure i want (just so I have something to play). Still i know people will say, "well the free game could be the crappy game you would've bought". True. But, I didnt spend money on it, and anything thats free is worth a shot.

Am i right? lol I think so...

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/clean4/ps3/JCat007x.png
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 103 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1902 posts

Jul 5, 2010

I don't necessarily care whether or not you kids purchase this thing..helps keep my PSN experience relatively free lol...but any well educated person will tell you that the stats set out in the OP are skewed.

I could go on for a long time because I have a background in statistics, but I don't want to get banned again for saying things that hurt Sony financially haha. I'll keep it simple and minimal.

In order to receive your 20% off, you have to spend the other 80% on top of the 50$ you gave them.

If you actually did save $108.85 in the first month, it means you spent your $50 for the year and $77.96 to get your $26.96 savings. You actually spent $127.96 so far. If that trend continued, you'd expect to spend over $900 in a year to see a savings between $350-$400. And remember, you can't subtract that savings from the total spent..its already been subtracted.

The free stuff (which isn't even consistently good) is just frosting to get you to buy. So is the fact that you can see which of your friends have already purchased (big lol btw) on your friends list. Doesn't seeing that your friend has it already make you nice and comfortable (and maybe a little eager) to get it yourself?

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 103 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Jul 6, 2010

The fact that you are basically "renting" the free games is enough to make me hold off on subscribing.  Looking at the initial offering I don't thin its worth it for me just yet.  We'll see what kind of early access betas they get and that might change my mind but for now I'll put my $50 toward a full game I can keep.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 103 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jul 7, 2010

If the games games were free then you could play them with out plus, which is not the case.  Yes you are renting the games, I don't see the problem here since you get nothing on the other two services provided by competitors.

Flatline51 wrote:

The fact that you are basically "renting" the free games is enough to make me hold off on subscribing.  Looking at the initial offering I don't thin its worth it for me just yet.  We'll see what kind of early access betas they get and that might change my mind but for now I'll put my $50 toward a full game I can keep.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 103 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jul 7, 2010
With the free games we will be getting every month, that alone will pay for the $50. WipeOut HD is like $20. That means we have thirty more to go before it pays for itself with only the PS3 Game. Of course you got PSOne Classics and Minis. So yea I see it as a great deal!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 103 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

Jul 7, 2010

I paid 49.99 and downloaded wipeout HD for free.

so that is 49.99 - 19.99 = 30.

I also downloaded the first episode of Qore, and will do the same for the next 11 months.

so Qore is 25 dollars.  that's 30 - 25 = 5.

So I have still only paid 49.99, and within the first 2 weeks, I am down to 5 bucks til I am actually getting stuff for free.  I don't plan to buy many things that give me a discount because I don't normally buy that much stuff.  If I can be selective and get only what I want, and it ending up being for free.... that's a no brainer.

... I also downloaded rally cross for free, then played it, then deleted it because I didn't like it.  But there is another 4.99.  so now I am down to 1 cent til I turn a profit!!

It's not for everyone, and I don't even have to justify my purchase to anyone, but I'm actually getting things for free from now on so I thought I would share.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 103 (22 Views)
0 Likes