Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/17/2007
Offline
1982 posts
 

Re: The Real Cost Of PlayStation Plus --- Year 1

Jul 9, 2010

 


pandaSmore wrote:

 


a_dirty_Shisno wrote:

OP EDITED:

 

Removed all information relating to Qore.  Examining it's "Information" with Triangle reveals it expires along with your subscription.


No big deal, I dount you'll watch the majority of episodes a year later. I'm sure the free game, avatars, themes, home content etc. you get with a episode will be permanent.

 


 

Yes, they appear to be.  But since they are not Plus exclusive benefits and all PSN members can get to them without Plus (though they would then have to pay for Qore) they will not be added to this thread.

 

I don't really see why it is tied to the subscription though.  Like you said, no one will care to watch them after the next month's issue is released and definitely not a year (15 months in this case) later.  It just isn't the type of content that would convince anyone to resubscribe for, so why bother.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 103 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/26/2010
Offline
131 posts
 

Re: The Real Cost Of PlayStation Plus --- Year 1

Jul 9, 2010
Hey, a_dirty_Shisno
Are you gonna update this thing as new content is added?
Sorry if you said if u were or not already, I dont wanna read that all again.

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/clean4/ps3/JCat007x.png
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 103 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/17/2007
Offline
1982 posts
 

Re: The Real Cost Of PlayStation Plus --- Year 1

Jul 9, 2010

 


JCat007x wrote:
Hey, a_dirty_Shisno
Are you gonna update this thing as new content is added?
Sorry if you said if u were or not already, I dont wanna read that all again.

Haha!  Yes, yes.  I will update it as content is added.  I thought it would be a once a month thing, but it seems that SCEA intends this to be a weekly thing.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 103 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/20/2007
Offline
710 posts
 

Re: The Real Cost Of PlayStation Plus --- Year 1

Jul 9, 2010

 


a_dirty_Shisno wrote:

 


JCat007x wrote:
Hey, a_dirty_Shisno
Are you gonna update this thing as new content is added?
Sorry if you said if u were or not already, I dont wanna read that all again.

Haha!  Yes, yes.  I will update it as content is added.  I thought it would be a once a month thing, but it seems that SCEA intends this to be a weekly thing.

 


Nothing wrong with that

 

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 103 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 05/01/2010
Offline
61 posts
 

Re: The Real Cost Of PlayStation Plus --- Year 1

Jul 11, 2010

 


SweetSupremacy wrote:

I don't necessarily care whether or not you kids purchase this thing..helps keep my PSN experience relatively free lol...but any well educated person will tell you that the stats set out in the OP are skewed.

 

I could go on for a long time because I have a background in statistics, but I don't want to get banned again for saying things that hurt Sony financially haha. I'll keep it simple and minimal.

 

In order to receive your 20% off, you have to spend the other 80% on top of the 50$ you gave them.

 

If you actually did save $108.85 in the first month, it means you spent your $50 for the year and $77.96 to get your $26.96 savings. You actually spent $127.96 so far. If that trend continued, you'd expect to spend over $900 in a year to see a savings between $350-$400. And remember, you can't subtract that savings from the total spent..its already been subtracted.

 

The free stuff (which isn't even consistently good) is just frosting to get you to buy. So is the fact that you can see which of your friends have already purchased (big lol btw) on your friends list. Doesn't seeing that your friend has it already make you nice and comfortable (and maybe a little eager) to get it yourself?


So you have an arguement somewhere? I read I think I'm cool and I consider myself to be good with statistics, P.S. I'm more enlightened about PS+ then you. That sir is the jist of your message next time keep it short and sweet.

 


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 103 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/01/2008
Offline
1902 posts
 

Re: The Real Cost Of PlayStation Plus --- Year 1

Jul 11, 2010

 


M-B-N_89 wrote:

 


SweetSupremacy wrote:

I don't necessarily care whether or not you kids purchase this thing..helps keep my PSN experience relatively free lol...but any well educated person will tell you that the stats set out in the OP are skewed.

 

I could go on for a long time because I have a background in statistics, but I don't want to get banned again for saying things that hurt Sony financially haha. I'll keep it simple and minimal.

 

In order to receive your 20% off, you have to spend the other 80% on top of the 50$ you gave them.

 

If you actually did save $108.85 in the first month, it means you spent your $50 for the year and $77.96 to get your $26.96 savings. You actually spent $127.96 so far. If that trend continued, you'd expect to spend over $900 in a year to see a savings between $350-$400. And remember, you can't subtract that savings from the total spent..its already been subtracted.

 

The free stuff (which isn't even consistently good) is just frosting to get you to buy. So is the fact that you can see which of your friends have already purchased (big lol btw) on your friends list. Doesn't seeing that your friend has it already make you nice and comfortable (and maybe a little eager) to get it yourself?


So you have an arguement somewhere? I read I think I'm cool and I consider myself to be good with statistics, P.S. I'm more enlightened about PS+ then you. That sir is the jist of your message next time keep it short and sweet.

 


Why keep it short? Even with the detail you didn't understand.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 103 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/17/2007
Offline
1982 posts
 

Re: The Real Cost Of PlayStation Plus --- Year 1

Jul 13, 2010

OP EDITED:

 

Added new items available in the Store.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 103 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
31 posts
 

Re: The Real Cost Of PlayStation Plus --- Year 1

Jul 14, 2010

this might not be the right place to post this but,

 

realistically, in 15 months are you really still gonna want to play wipeout HD? did people who bought wipeout HD still play it now?

people seem to forget that they may not even be playing the games they get at the beginning after their subscription ends.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 103 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/08/2004
Offline
5985 posts
 

Re: The Real Cost Of PlayStation Plus --- Year 1

Jul 14, 2010

gagich wrote:

this might not be the right place to post this but,

 

realistically, in 15 months are you really still gonna want to play wipeout HD? did people who bought wipeout HD still play it now?

people seem to forget that they may not even be playing the games they get at the beginning after their subscription ends.


I create custome albums titles for all psn downloads, so I can easily sort the way I want it to, all "free" psn+ that have expritation content get sorted in to it's own catagory.  Below is my sorting.

 

mini

PS1-PS3

PS3

PS3 Eye

PSN Plus

PSP

Qore

Soundtrack

 

@OP - if you use internet explorer, stirke through formating works, just not with any other browser....

Games PS1 (100+), PS2 (140+), PS3 (100+), PSP (34+)
My PS3 Website - http://sites.google.com/site/etempestps3/
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 103 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/17/2007
Offline
1982 posts
 

Re: The Real Cost Of PlayStation Plus --- Year 1

Jul 14, 2010

etempest wrote:

gagich wrote:

this might not be the right place to post this but,

 

realistically, in 15 months are you really still gonna want to play wipeout HD? did people who bought wipeout HD still play it now?

people seem to forget that they may not even be playing the games they get at the beginning after their subscription ends.


I create custome albums titles for all psn downloads, so I can easily sort the way I want it to, all "free" psn+ that have expritation content get sorted in to it's own catagory.  Below is my sorting.

 

mini

PS1-PS3

PS3

PS3 Eye

PSN Plus

PSP

Qore

Soundtrack

 

@OP - if you use internet explorer, stirke through formating works, just not with any other browser....


Testing testing 123...

 

It works!?  Weird.  But IE sucks...

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 103 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes