Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Re: The Real Cost Of PlayStation Plus --- Year 1

Jul 14, 2010

Testing manually typing "strike" HTML in another browser...

It seems to work.

Message 70 of 105 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Jul 14, 2010

i cant believe u still havent added all the  FREE GAMES Smiley Surprised thats what give us the most for our bucks

Message 71 of 105 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jul 14, 2010

The-Undead-One wrote:

i cant believe u still havent added all the  FREE GAMES Smiley Surprised thats what give us the most for our bucks

That's because this thread is designed to counter all the "We don't get anywhere near $50 in stuff to keep for our money!!!111" arguments.  Although, even though it's only been three weeks, we have already seen a severe drop in those being posted.  There still are a good number of "It's not worth $50" threads, though.

Obviously everything else also has a value, but that value differs greatly for everyone because you don't get to keep them.

Message 72 of 105 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 14, 2010
Love the thread, keep us posted!

to throw in my 2 cents, I have collected 40.99 in content I was on the fence about. Love me some PS+ already.
Message 73 of 105 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Jul 15, 2010
In 3 weeks I have already downloaded $52.32 worth of content, so I have already recouped my $50.00 investment. I can't wait to see what we get next week.
Message 74 of 105 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jul 16, 2010

Thanks to this post by our friend InfinitiProject we now have our answer regarding the suspect DLC.  Now I will ask you all a question:

Do you think I should just edit out the DLC group or should I just add in the Free games and Qore, while still only including the items we keep in the total?  The former way will have this list rather short each month and will not include a large chunk of items available each month because we don't keep them permanently.  The latter way will have this list include everything ever available for PlayStation Plus throughout the year, and it will only add a measly 5 more items to this list every month.

I'll give a couple of days or so (unless I get an overwhelming number of responses one way or the other) before I make the edit.

Message 75 of 105 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Jul 16, 2010

Can you please not use the dark blue and black font, it is hard to read when using the black forum theme.

Message 76 of 105 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jul 17, 2010

Finaldeath1689 wrote:

Can you please not use the dark blue and black font, it is hard to read when using the black forum theme.

Black is the Default text color.  If anyone types anything it comes out Black.  If the forums used Grey as the standard color then I'd use Grey.  You've got a real uphill battle asking everyone to change the color in their posts.

But let me guess, though.  The Default Black changes to White on the Black Forum Theme, right?  Otherwise you would never be able to read a near supermajority of the posts without highlighting the whole post.  But let me also guess that when I click Black it stays Black even on the Black Forum theme.  Is that right too?

When I change the color from Default to anything else, it stays that way until I change it back.  Since I need to switch colors often I do need to reselect Black after using another color.

Now, it seems to me that the three colors that are the only colors that are easy to view on the White Forum Theme are Black, Red, and Dark Blue.  Most other colors make the text very difficult to read and need to be highlighted to see clearly.  Since most of the forum users are likely using the White Forum Theme (as it is Default) I choose to write my posts so that a majority of people can read it clearly.

Message 77 of 105 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Jul 17, 2010

a_dirty_Shisno wrote:

Finaldeath1689 wrote:

Black is the Default text color.  If anyone types anything it comes out Black.  If the forums used Grey as the standard color then I'd use Grey.  You've got a real uphill battle asking everyone to change the color in their posts.

But let me guess, though.  The Default Black changes to White on the Black Forum Theme, right?  Otherwise you would never be able to read a near supermajority of the posts without highlighting the whole post.  But let me also guess that when I click Black it stays Black even on the Black Forum theme.  Is that right too?

When I change the color from Default to anything else, it stays that way until I change it back.  Since I need to switch colors often I do need to reselect Black after using another color.

Now, it seems to me that the three colors that are the only colors that are easy to view on the White Forum Theme are Black, Red, and Dark Blue.  Most other colors make the text very difficult to read and need to be highlighted to see clearly.  Since most of the forum users are likely using the White Forum Theme (as it is Default) I choose to write my posts so that a majority of people can read it clearly.

Actually, when using the black theme, it switches to white be default for the people using the black theme, except it does not do this when people manually select the black color, just saying that different color choices that show on both the white and black themes would be nice, i know i am not the only person here getting a little annoyed by people using text colors they have to highlight to read.

Message 78 of 105 (257 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Jul 18, 2010

THIS IS A LIST OF MONEY YOU COULD POSSIBLY SAVE, BUT LETS HAVE A POLL HERE TO SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY BUY AN ITEM IN QUESTION.  WITH GAMEFLY I GET 2 NEW GAMES AT A TIME FOR 22 A MONTH...NOW 2 NEW PS3 GAMES WOULD COST 120 BUCKS.....YOU DO THE MATH HOW MUCH MORE MONEY YOU SAVE....IF YOU LIKE THE GAME YOU BUY IT..OTHERWISE NO WASTED MONEY ON GAMES YOU DONT LIKE.

DISCOUNTS ARE NEEDED FOR ITEMS PEOPLE ACTUALLY PAY FOR LIKE MOVIES...THEY NEED TO ADD DOWNLOADABLE GAME VERSIONS FOR A DISCOUNT PRICE, AFTER ALL YOU CANT PIRATE PS3 GAMES.

DONT FORGET THEY ARE STILL GOING TO CHARGE FOR HULU...SOMETHING YOU SHOULD GET FOR FREE.

Message 79 of 105 (257 Views)
0 Likes