??? and hulu is making you pay not sony

Message 80 of 103 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10862 posts

Re: The Real Cost Of PlayStation Plus --- Year 1

Jul 19, 2010

Francision69 wrote:
I'll be subscribing to PSN+ once I get my next paycheck. This really looks worth it.
you are correct!

Photobucket

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 81 of 103 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jul 21, 2010

EDITED OP:

Added new items available in the Store and updated the totals.

Message 82 of 103 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Jul 21, 2010

Assuming you don't get to keep the DLC (and the expiration date doesn't just state the last day it will be on your Download List):

• Fat Princess: Fat Roles Expansion Pack 20% off = $1.00
  • Gauntlet II (Full Game) 50% off = $2.49
  • Rampage (Full Game) 50% off = $2.49
  • Cuboid (Full Game) 20% off = $2.00
  • Super Stardust HD (Full Game) 50% off = $4.99

Themes and Avatars:

• Collision Theme FREE = Free Exclusive
  • Fat Princess: Pink Princess Avatar FREE = Free Exclusive
  • Fat Princess: Blue Princess Avatar FREE = Free Exclusive
  • MAG Raven Character Avatar FREE = $0.49 (added July 6th)
  • MAG SVER Character Avatar FREE = $0.49 (added July 6th)
  • MAG Valor Character Avatar FREE = $0.49 (added July 6th)
  • King Zumo Theme FREE = $1.49 (added July 6th)
  • LittleBigPlanet Sackboy Avatar FREE = $0.49 (added July 13th)
  • MAG Raven Dynamic Theme FREE = $2.99 (added July 13th)
  • MAG S.V.E.R. Dynamic Theme FREE = $2.99 (added July 13th)
  • MAG Valor Dynamic Theme FREE = $2.99 (added July 13th)
  • Heavy Rain Origami Swan Avatar FREE = $0.49 (added July 20th)
  • Bloody Escape Theme FREE = $1.49 (added July 20th)

Other:

• Intro Offer: 3 bonus months of PlayStation Plus with 1 year subscription FREE = $17.99

My total is $45.36 so far.   Meaning I'm only $4.64 from 100% justifying my purchase for the entire 15 months.  Sort of awesome.  From there on, the bonuses are like a delicious, money-saving cherry on top.

That is, if we assume the expiration date is just the last day the item will be in your Download List.  If by chance you DO get to keep your DLC, I already made all of my money back in spades and will now be reaping the benefits, thank you very much.

Message 83 of 103 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Jul 26, 2010

SweetSupremacy wrote:

M-B-N_89 wrote:

SweetSupremacy wrote:

I don't necessarily care whether or not you kids purchase this thing..helps keep my PSN experience relatively free lol...but any well educated person will tell you that the stats set out in the OP are skewed.

I could go on for a long time because I have a background in statistics, but I don't want to get banned again for saying things that hurt Sony financially haha. I'll keep it simple and minimal.

In order to receive your 20% off, you have to spend the other 80% on top of the 50$ you gave them.

If you actually did save $108.85 in the first month, it means you spent your $50 for the year and $77.96 to get your $26.96 savings. You actually spent $127.96 so far. If that trend continued, you'd expect to spend over $900 in a year to see a savings between $350-$400. And remember, you can't subtract that savings from the total spent..its already been subtracted.

The free stuff (which isn't even consistently good) is just frosting to get you to buy. So is the fact that you can see which of your friends have already purchased (big lol btw) on your friends list. Doesn't seeing that your friend has it already make you nice and comfortable (and maybe a little eager) to get it yourself?

So you have an arguement somewhere? I read I think I'm cool and I consider myself to be good with statistics, P.S. I'm more enlightened about PS+ then you. That sir is the jist of your message next time keep it short and sweet.

Why keep it short? Even with the detail you didn't understand.

How does this not benefit people who ALREADY spend $900+ a year on PSN again?

I spend $50 more than my usual spending, and get probably 40% more for my money.  Not... exactly... a... bad... thing, is it?

Other Quote:

"RAWR RAWR RANT ABOUT HULU I WANT IT TO BE FREE RAWR SONY SUCKS"

Sir, Hulu Plus gives you the content of Hulu?  I wasn't aware I could see every season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer for free!

Oh wait.  No, I can't.  Because it's not available on Hulu; ONLY SEASON 1 IS.  But lo and behold, it's ALL on Hulu Plus.  And it's not the only thing that's exclusive to Hulu Plus.  Additionally, Hulu charges for the service, so please take your uneducated rant elsewhere, kind sir.

Message 84 of 103 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jul 27, 2010

After more than a week and absolutely ZERO suggestions from, well all of you, I finally just made the decision to include the remaining items included in PlayStation Plus.

OP EDITED:

Completely redesigned the thread.

You've probably seen this thread before, even multiple times, but not like this.  Now It's been entirely redesigned.  First, all the sections have been edited to hopefully make them easier to see.  The text sizes of section headings and totals have been increased and the text sizes of less important information has been decreased.  At the behest of those using the Black forum theme, I have tried to limit the use of Blue and will be eliminating the Black text by removing all the "<font color="#000000"> ...</font>" text from the HTML (and I encourage everyone else to do the same in their posts if they find themselves switching color back to Black).  Finally, and probably most importantly, I decided to change the direction of the thread to include all that PlayStation Plus has to offer instead of just what it offers to keep.

Message 85 of 103 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Jul 27, 2010
For all your hard work, you sir, have my thanks and have been kudoed...:smileyhappy: Going by your calculations, I have saved $34.38 (not tied to subscription) and $42.90 (tied to subscription) by being a member of PlayStation Plus. If I don't count the stuff tied to my subscription, I still need to recoup $15.62 out of my $50 investment to break even. It's only been 1 month so I'm pretty damn sure I can make my $15.62 and then some out of the remaining time I have left. If Sony maintains the status quo, or if they decide to give us even more content in the future, I'll definitely be re-newing next year. It's less than $3.50 a month if you bought the year with the bonus 3 months. In other words, IMO, I cannot comprehend all the hate Playstation Plus is getting. Sony, keep 'em coming. I'll be downloading all the free stuff you keep sending our way.
Message 86 of 103 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jul 28, 2010

OP EDITED:

Added new items available in the Store and updated the totals.

Message 87 of 103 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jul 28, 2010

I agree with Quicky1972. Playstation Plus is great buy. It reminds me of the Popcorn Book Club I use to belong to when I was a kid. I don't know how much my parents paid for it but every month there was a couple of surprises in the mail for me.

Now, unlike Quicy1972 , I wouldn't go so far as calling it an investment because it doesn't truely bear any sort of monetary return above the principle overtime. But it does provide me with the service of entertainment. So far the benifit I have derived from the service has exceeded my cost. I paid $17.00 for three months but will most likely get the 12 month $50  package next time around. I didn't want to jump in all at once.

As for an ealier comment in another post that you are paying for stuff you never would have bought, I disagree with that as well. You are right, I never would have risked $5 on Roadrunners or $15  on Wipeout or $5.00 on the  Age of Zombies game. But I got these as part of my $17.00 subcription and I really enjoy them. I didn't like that old Motorcross games so much so I deleted it. Oh well, you got to take the bad with the good. The most recent freebies look good but I haven't downloaded them yet. I was nice waking up to some new game options though.

They haven't given me an avatar I like yet but I do use the Mag interactive screen.

In my house we have 3 xbox 360s including the 360 slim just released, a wii and PS3. I think PS3 is the most bang for the buck with Playstation home and all of the other features. I took me about a week to decide to purchase Playstation Plus. I asked for an PS3 upgrade for my birthday....I want the 250G one but I don't think I will get it. 

Message 88 of 103 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Jul 28, 2010

Other Quote:

"RAWR RAWR RANT ABOUT HULU I WANT IT TO BE FREE RAWR SONY SUCKS"

<<< Sadly those same people must think Microsoft and others suck because when they get Hulu Plus, the same pricing rules will apply. Some people are just total tools.

Message 89 of 103 (18 Views)
0 Likes