Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VxF
Uncharted Territory
1891 posts

Re: The best gaming headset for the PS3?

Jun 25, 2010

Tritton AX Pro. 

Best headset, hands down. 

Photobucket
Message 31 of 101 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
VxF
Uncharted Territory
1891 posts

Jun 25, 2010

Lethal_Vampire wrote:

cool_Pinoy2343 wrote:
i got this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KURYAS/ref=oss_product

can anyone tell me if its a good one?

Wow a headset I've never used! If you get those lemme know how ya like them.

Yes, this one is new for me as well. Would this even work with a PS3? I mean, what we need is two inputs (optical for sound and USB for chat), a mixer with possibly separate volume controls for chat/audio. This doesn't look like it delivers all of that. But I might be wrong. Would love to hear more, at that price, it would be a good deal.

I think I have tried pretty much all of the other gaming headsets. My vote goes to the Tritton AxPro (as I posted above). Some headsets have better sound quality (for example, the more expensive Astro's), yet, for some reason, the surround on the Tritton's seems to work best - you REALLY can tell from where a sound is coming from.

The downside of the AxPro is that they are quite heavy. It doesn't bother me - nowadays I play 1-2 hours per night - but if I had to put in a serious 10 hour gaming session like I used to, then the weight would likely become annoying.

Photobucket
Message 32 of 101 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Aug 9, 2010

got my A40 the other day! .... just have to say WAO!!! worth! everypenny!!! it feels like cheating!!!! i can close my eyes... and pin point enemies!!

god's grace is upon us every day.... even if u don't see it that way yet...
Message 33 of 101 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 17, 2010

The TurtleBeach EarForce PX21 gotta be one of the best gaming headsets for the PS3, thinking about both price and sound quality.

I recommend them.

Message 34 of 101 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 28, 2010

Hi everyone, i was thinking about buying the turtle beach px21's but could someone tell me, i know that they arent surround sound but can you still tell which direction they are coming from?

Message 35 of 101 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Aug 31, 2010

This is the frustrating thing about trying to get reviews online -- everyone likes something different, and the only thing everyone can agree on is the product that costs a fortune.

$250 for a gaming headset isn't reasonable for me.

Is there any consensus on something from $50 to $100?  Hopefully with Dolby 5.1?

Message 36 of 101 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 9, 2010

What about the Tritton AX 720, it gets a pretty good review on CNET?  it's only $129.99  and has surround sound.  just bought it about 10 minutes ago so haven't used it yet.

Message 37 of 101 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Sep 10, 2010

i use the Turtle Beach earforce PX21 headset. althought it is wired usb and analog for audio, i love it. i plug it into the headphone jack on my Sony surround sound 5.1 and WOW. i can tell from what direction people are coming and ever where the frags land in MW2. it is also a big help in the complaints from the wife about the airplanes and explosions coming from the living room. at around 80 dollars from best buy they are well worth it to me. i bought them to wear at night for my family's benefit but can't play without them now due to the quality of sound over my 5.1 dolby system. the roller adjustments are a bit aggrivating but nothing that can't be fixed by a little black tape. ( i kept bumping the rollers are cranking the volume up and down, now they are fixed at my preferd levels. a locking device would be a nice addition or recessed rollers) i would have liked the wireless headset but the cost and the need for batteries that would outlast me on those 8 hour PS3 binges detered me from buying them

the cable on the set is 16 feet long and is plenty for most any room of an average house.

Message 38 of 101 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 10, 2010

I used the AX 720's last night and for the first time i can hear where people are coming from, it was great.  can't compare it to anything else but thought the audio was real good.  I had the mic on and didn't hear anythign so not sure if i did something wrong or if it was just that no one else was talking.  I made a few comments to see if anyone was there but didn't get any responses.  tried moving the volume of the mic up and down as well.  i was playing Bad Company 2.  anyone know if there's something else i have to do?  when i did the set up it definitely was registering the sound from my mic. 

Message 39 of 101 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 22, 2010

I think Im gonna pick these up soon

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-350-Collapsible-Microphone/dp
/B0012XFDWO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_to...

anyone have any suggestions or personal experience with these headsets?

The specs on them are just great and the reviews for the gaming speculation of it is way above average.

The price i dont mind because whatever i purchase i expect top notch quality and I expect to have it for a long period of time.

I used the PC 151's for about 7 years ever since CS 1.6 gaming and until now I think its time for new headsets..

So any advice/input would be great, thanks

Message 40 of 101 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes