First Son
15 posts

Re: The best gaming headset for the PS3?

Sep 24, 2011

going to buy the official one soon ,

ned_moorisco (1).png

Message 51 of 101 (1,225 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 24, 2011

Personally i would go with a pair of Triton Ax 720 pro`s or either a Tutrtle Beach Px21

Get your Portable ID!

Message 52 of 101 (1,225 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 25, 2011

I have a Turtle Beach P11. It didn't break the bank, it's really comfortable and those I play online with hear me without any trouble.

Message 53 of 101 (1,225 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 18, 2012

probably the dpx21

they r so sick!!!!!!

Message 54 of 101 (1,225 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jan 18, 2012

Sony Wireless Stereo Headset. Priced very reasonably, battery life is excellent, good voice clarity and sound quality is good. VERY LIGHT when worn, almost weightless, and a very solid feel.

I'd stay away from Turtle Beach, they tend to be quite fragile for being anywhere from $60-200. I broke a pair of DPX21's through normal wear and tear lasting about 6months before the actual headset itself started falling apart and becoming very loose to the point that i had to use tape to keep them together. Still waiting for Turtle Beach to either send me a refund or a replacement set after waiting 3 weeks.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 55 of 101 (1,225 Views)
Monster Hunter
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

Hey i thought I might put my two cents in here even tho the thread is threeish years old now but

Sony Playstation Stereo Headphones.  Simple and easy....but WTF Sony?  Its not fully bluetooth and needs a USB dongle.  So if you're like me and now running a the new slim model you're stuck with one usb port being used.  The headset is really cheaply made once you get your hands on it but I have to say it has good quality sound in normal stereo and virtual surround sound.  Not bad really if you purchased it at 79.99 and actually if you only own a PS3 and a PC I say get it even at the 99.99 asking price.

Other than the quality of material used to make it some of the buttons are placed in odd places.  IE the master volume and the chat/game control.  Its all on one side of the headset so you'll get used to it quick but yeah....  Also being fully wireless is very very nice, 6 hours of playtime and quick recharge makes this one of my favorites.  Currently using it

Turtle Beach PX5.  ****.

Its great that its fully wireless.  PS3 TOSlink out>in TB Headphone stand/Amp TOSlink out>in whatever sound system if you want too.  All the buttons are on the headphone so you can control all your presets on the fly and turn on Bluetooth pair with the system or not.  The chat wasn't bad but the sound quality sucked.  The thing always sounded hollow.  It also felt like it was pretty well made but the SQ was just meh.  For 150 bucks not bad if you have multiple systems IE PS360/PC. 

Sold it...

Turtle Beach Delta.  ****.

Same crap as the PX5 but with COD branding and CODMW3 presets.  I knew this when I purchased it but I wanted the presets that only the Delta owners was getting.  Don't be a hater but I do play CODMW3 a lot with my friends andI do enjoy the MP when its working (and on PSN its usually never right during the night).  But yeah if you hunt around people have put the presets out there for PX5/XP300 owners can load them on their headsets...but it sounds hollow and the footsteps in this game isn't as loud as it should be.

Pro its wireless

Con SQ sucks and it takes batteries....

Sold it...

Astro A40 wireless SR3 edition headsets.  Its probably the best headset I own atm.  And now I'm just saying that because it cost the most.  It just had a purely better SQ than all the others I HAVE personally used.  HOWEVER the biggest cons of this damn thing is the price and its not really wireless.  You have to take your MixAMP and connect to the TOSlink of the PS3 to it and than connect a USB cable (sold separately) from the MixAMP to one of your USB ports IF You want chat on your PS3.  THEN you have to connect the A40 headset to the the wireless RXAmp.  Not only that the RXAmp if used with triple A batteries will eat up three of them suckers like a crack addict would snort coke that had an endless pit of money.  IE you have to buy the rechargeable batteries sold separately for another 20 bucks ON TOP of your purchase......its not TRULY wireless but its the best gaming headset that I have personally owned.

All in all for people who are viewing this thread and all you have is a PS3.  I PERSONALLY would buy the Sony Playstation stereo headset.  Its by far the best option for the price + SQ + FULLY wireless gaming experience. 

Edit: profanity

Message 56 of 101 (1,225 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Feb 16, 2012

The headset is not bluetooth at all. Thats why it needs a USB dongle.

And what else could you be using thats USB?

If you have an issue with having few USB ports..... get a USB hub

Furiously Chaosing
Message 57 of 101 (1,225 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Feb 16, 2012

I was writing that for another thread and I was trying to say that it wasn't BT at all.  I just thought they would have tried to make it a BT wireless headset. 

I personally was just expecting Sony to step it up and give it a full BT treatment.  Hell they even lock away what they call "HQ" voice for their personal headset on the PS3 system.  So why can't the techgeeks at Sony make it work. 

Message 58 of 101 (1,225 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Im looking to buy my bf an ear piece for christmas, he can't have the headset bc he needs to be able to hear our daughter, what would y'all recommend? I know NOTHING about gaming, and its for him to play the new COD

Message 59 of 101 (814 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 24, 2012

the ps3 only offers 2.1 left and right speckers only pc offers serround sound 5.1 sound out put

Message 60 of 101 (699 Views)
0 Likes