Apr 22 2013
By: clintonmeade40 Lombax Warrior 110 posts

The reason I won't be getting a ps4, and refuse to pay Sony.

38 replies 546 views Edited Apr 22, 2013

I paid over $700 on a 60gb launch model with 2yr warranty at Walmart. It lasted about 2 years. I had to send it in to get it fixed. Since then, I've had to get it fixed another 6 times. I also bought a 2001b, which I just recently had repaired. It was just a backup so I really don't know how often this one would tear up. It lasted 6 months for me and I let it sit for about 6 months. So, Today my launch model blu ray drive goes out AGAIN, after 4 months so of course it's "out of warranty." I can understand charging a customer if it was a rare occasion, but as many times as I've had to go through this, (this makes 9 times total. 8 with the CECH-A01, and once with the 2001B.) They should repair the **bleep** thing for free. I can't support this company anymore after all this BS. So, Sony, I bid you adieu! I'll play my hdd games, but I'll go with xbox next-gen.

Message 1 of 39 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
13533 posts

Re: The reason I won't be getting a ps4, and refuse to pay Sony.

Apr 22, 2013

Great. We wont' miss you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 39 (541 Views)
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Apr 22, 2013
I got my 60gb PS3 January 2007 and it broke in 2009. Had it fixed and its been working since . Its really hard to believe you had yours fixed 7 times within the last 6 1/2 years
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 3 of 39 (531 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Any first generation system will have problems. Most people just sucked it up and bought a new system at some point so you are not alone there.

If you are paying to have it fixed everytime it breaks, I have to imagine it would have been cheaper/less hassel for you to purchase a newer one which would not have the same issues. 

Just so advice for the next gen regardless of which company you choose

Message 4 of 39 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Apr 22, 2013

I have the service numbers. It's no exaggeration. I may upgrade for the cheaper amount, but it just aggravates me that a company would treat their customers that way. If I backup my launch model, it will restore to one of the new playstation models, right? I had already given my 2001b to my brother since he paid to have it fixed or I would just use it. I do hate to lose the usb ports and backwards compatibility.

Message 5 of 39 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Apr 22, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Great. We wont' miss you.

As for you, I come on here to talk about a problem I'm having. Nice of you to talk trash over the internet. Internet gaming has went down in my eyes because of trolls like you.

Message 6 of 39 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Apr 22, 2013

We all have different experiences with the same things in life. I have had nothing but good experiences with my PS 3. I am on my 2nd and with the sheer amount of time my daughter & I spent playing the first one (including a few hundred hours of FF XI on my BC PS3) I wasn't sad or surprised when it died.

I had far more issues with my 360 than I have had with my PS 3. I'll be avoiding Microsoft like the plague next gen. I did not own the original XBox and turned my 360 into a Pink 3DS XL for my wife. Not impressed with MS at all.

Good luck to ya.

Message 7 of 39 (508 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Apr 22, 2013

How terribly are you treating these systems? My original 60gb died because I ran Folding@Home on it every day, but my replacement system is still going strong. 

Take care of it, clean it, keep it well ventilated. 

PS3 (CHECHA01) R.I.P.: 06/03/09PlayStation Plus
   Game-tape currently being solved: GuacameleePS3
Message 8 of 39 (498 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Apr 22, 2013

I picked up my launch 60gb PS3 on Nov 17th '06 and on Nov 12th '10 it died I opted out to get the slim refurbished from Sony and haven't had a problem since. I got the xbox slim direct from M$ cause I went to there '10 E3 press conference and it died on Nov 19th '10. After they replaced it I had to send it back to them again in Jan '11 cause the refurb one they sent me would not work if the kinect camera was connected to it. Thanks to the wonderful customer service (note sarcasm) I had to send it back to them again because they did not fix or send me a refurb system when I sent it to them for the kinect issue. Since I am more of a Playstation player I hardly used the xbox literally turning it on for maybe 2 hours a month since I got it.

As I said I had a launch PS3 literally a DAY 1 system and after 4 years, a trip cross country a couple times a year and hard drive upgrades because I needed more space it went understandably (R.I.P.) meanwhile the xbox SLIM that was given to me by M$ died after only 4 months and no real use. Everybodies experience/situations are different but it my case Sony, their products, and service have done well by me. So I will be buying a Launch PS4 on DAY 1 and I pray to the gaming gods that my experience be smooth 1.

Message 9 of 39 (492 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Apr 22, 2013
instead of complaining and repairing an old ps3, but a new one.
Message 10 of 39 (490 Views)
0 Likes