Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Re: The reason I won't be getting a ps4, and refuse to pay Sony.

Apr 22, 2013

clintonmeade40 wrote:

I have the service numbers. It's no exaggeration. I may upgrade for the cheaper amount, but it just aggravates me that a company would treat their customers that way. If I backup my launch model, it will restore to one of the new playstation models, right? I had already given my 2001b to my brother since he paid to have it fixed or I would just use it. I do hate to lose the usb ports and backwards compatibility.

You can backup all of your games and saved via cloud storage from sony or content manager on your computer and put them on your new system with no issues.

You will lose backwards compatibility. If you are still activley playing ps2 games kudos to you. Alot of the ps and ps2 games are playable on the newer ps3 but must be repurchased and downloaded from the PS store

Message 11 of 39 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:
instead of complaining and repairing an old ps3, but a new one.

I don't have the money to pay retail price on a system when next gen systems are coming out towards the end of the year. I called them back and they wont waive the fee, but they are going to give me two ps3 games for free (60 days old or older.)

Message 12 of 39 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
523 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

Yeah, I agree with madcrabs. If you've had to get all of these repairs done to two different ps3s you probably aren't treating them right. I have a couple friends that keep their ps3s on 24/7 and they haven't had problems with theirs. From what I've experienced, the ps3 seems to be a very reliable system. Just keep it cool and in a well ventilated area. You can also use a low power vacuum every once and a while to remove some of the dust.

Message 13 of 39 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Apr 22, 2013

tis a shame really, you will be missing out on a lot of good games

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 14 of 39 (205 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4382 posts

Apr 22, 2013

First off people, wake up.

It is well known that the PS3, as well as the Xbox and Wii, had issues with longevity because of the choice to use non leaded solder on the chips.

This has nothing to do with how the system was treated.  It is only influenced by how often the devices got turned on and off.  Heating and cooling cycles.

To the OP.  Your problem, is that you sent it to Sony everytime to get fixed.  All they do is give you back a refurbed unit, or fix your original using the same non leaded solder that caused the problem in the first place.

You should have sent it to a third party repair establishment that would perform a reballing process with leaded solder.

That is a permanent fix, and makes the console better than new.

Be One With The Game.

Message 15 of 39 (187 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 22, 2013

The-Sarge wrote:

First off people, wake up.

It is well known that the PS3, as well as the Xbox and Wii, had issues with longevity because of the choice to use non leaded solder on the chips.

This has nothing to do with how the system was treated.  It is only influenced by how often the devices got turned on and off.  Heating and cooling cycles.

To the OP.  Your problem, is that you sent it to Sony everytime to get fixed.  All they do is give you back a refurbed unit, or fix your original using the same non leaded solder that caused the problem in the first place.

You should have sent it to a third party repair establishment that would perform a reballing process with leaded solder.

That is a permanent fix, and makes the console better than new.

I agree, well said!  Also, people should get their thermal paste changed and the system cleaned out if they want their system to last as long as it can. When my 60 GB PS3 broke I never even considered sending it to Sony. I bought a new one because I know I would have run it to YLOD again had I sent my 60 GB PS3 in to Sony.

Message 16 of 39 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6476 posts

Apr 22, 2013

clintonmeade40 wrote:

I have the service numbers. It's no exaggeration. I may upgrade for the cheaper amount, but it just aggravates me that a company would treat their customers that way. If I backup my launch model, it will restore to one of the new playstation models, right? I had already given my 2001b to my brother since he paid to have it fixed or I would just use it. I do hate to lose the usb ports and backwards compatibility.

well sounds like you had it area that  was too hot or something. I  nver heard of  anyone getting ps3 repair 7 times. maybe once or twice.. ive had  mines since 2006-7  and  only had it repaired 1 time that was after 5 years of no issues.. oday  No issues,

happy gaming in your future

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 17 of 39 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15762 posts

Apr 22, 2013

I have a CECHA01(Launch day 60GB) and a CECHE01(80GB).... I do have a Super Slim, but thats beside the point.

Both have yet to fail on me.... but I am a bit paranoid with cleanliness and I don't like having a hot house. So I leave my A/C on at 68-72*F, I clean my house every week, I have air purifiers in every room (helps a massive amount in keeping dust accumulation low). 

I also have my PS3s standing vertical in an open area next to my TV's.

While I've packed up my 60Gb since getting the Super Slim for Christmas, unless my consoles are still under warranty (super slim has an extended warranty for up to 3 years), I wouldn't trust Sony with any repairs since all they do is replace your PS3 with a refubished model.... (essentially someone elses broken unit that was fixed, but not tested). Especially with the experience that others have had with this exact issue over the years.

For the sake of preventive measures, i'll be sending my 60GB and 80GB to get reballed before the summer hits.

You are not entitled to anything once the warranty expires. That is essentially the only obligation Sony has to fixing anyones consoles. 

While you have every right to be upset and chose not to get a PS4 right away or at all.... don't use the forums as a soap box and your frustration as a blanket statement that applies to every one because everyones experience is different. 
You're no different than any other person who've said the same things over and over again, which simply fall on blind eyes/deaf ears for the most part.

The better way to have handled such is to actually search the forum for threads with people who have similar issues and how they've solved the problem.

Furiously Chaosing

"I get you so horked up"

Message 18 of 39 (170 Views)
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

I have had zero problems with my PS3. None at all.

All my PSP problems were solved by Sony very quickly. The PlayStation support team is way better then Microsoft's. Think before you sell out.Think of all the exclusives you will be loosing.

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 19 of 39 (163 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6129 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Maybe you are not keeping your PS3 well ventilated,,, I ran my PS3 fat for 4 years with an external mini fan and it lasted well over 4 years before the Bluetooth went out for the controllers. Try and keep your PS3 cool and well ventilated and dust free.

BannerFans.com
Message 20 of 39 (160 Views)