Treasure Hunter
8194 posts

Re: The reason I won't be getting a ps4, and refuse to pay Sony.

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

I could swear that every "I'm not getting a PS4 thread" follows a single formula because they almost look all the same. Smiley Indifferent

Message 21 of 39 (270 Views)
VP of Gaming
29187 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:

I could swear that every "I'm not getting a PS4 thread" follows a single formula because they almost look all the same. Smiley Indifferent

Well, after all it is easier to let someone else think for you, and then just agree with them. The illusory of truth, the Big Lie, lack of original thinking... take your pick.

That, or it's viral marketing.

Message 22 of 39 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Learn how to fix it yourself. If you find a problem that can be fixed by the user, then you will save loads of money. That's what I've been doing for myself and for my friends.

but umm... yeah Idk, man. You sure you took care of your PS3? Seems like it was in a hostile place. I saddly bought mine used, idk how bad it was, but I have had no problems with it. Just changed the thermal paste to make it cooler, but have not run into any problems and I've had it since 08 or something.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 23 of 39 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Apr 23, 2013

I'm getting a lot of crap from people just because I stated the problems I've been having. That's fine, it's your opinion and your entitled to it.

As for treating them badly, no, they have always been in a wide open space, however I have not tried a cooler, or a 3rd party fix. These are things I will do in the future. Anyway, I talked to Sony again, and they are going to fix my system and give me 2 free SCEA ps3 games, as long as they are at least 60 days old.

If some of you guys would have read my post, I was not throwing off on the system or "selling out." In fact, I've always been a Playstation fanboy and don't mind admitting it. It all started for me with Metal Gear Solid, and it just kept getting better with games like the God of War series. I was simply stating that I thought I was getting treated poorly by the tech support staff. That being said, I gave the OK for the repair of my 60gb launch model. If someone could msg me about a place I could send my ps3 to get it fixed for future references it would be greatly appreciated. Also, what is the best cooling device?

I own both a ps3 and a 360. I have about 6 games total for the 360 (Gears of war series and some halo games.) The rest of the games I have are ps3 which easily is in the 30+ range. I also own a PSP and a PS Vita. So by no means have I "sold out." Sony just didn't treat me right on my first call today in my opinion. However, it was resolved by another member of the Sony team. So can someone HELPFUL and not bashing, point me towards a list of JUST SCEA made ps3 games, a 3rd party website that repairs ps3's as there is no local shop near me and the best cooling device for a 60gb launch model. Thanks for all the useful info about your experiences, hopefully they will help me as well. I appreciate all the help.

Message 24 of 39 (238 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Apr 23, 2013
Viral Marketing? Explain. Considering the only games I play are Playstation. I, myself, have not read another post about someone saying they're not going to buy a ps4. I haven't been on these boards in a long time, I just wanted to share the horrible experience I had with the Sony team earlier today and I've had nothing but rude people bash me on this post, except for a select few that gave advice instead of negative talk that offers nor suggests a solution to ANYTHING.
Message 25 of 39 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Apr 23, 2013
I got my 60gb ps3 at launch and it just recently broke. It lasted me a really long time.
Message 26 of 39 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

Dude, your opening thread was a rant. Do you expect everyone here to be kind with that kind of message?

How about asking for help nicely the next time?

Message 27 of 39 (205 Views)
Splicer
49 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

you know X-box has it share of problems as well you know how many 360 I heard about breaking down a lot.   My friend had a 360 well it broke down at this point he bought a lot of downloaded games. Well He went back to check his account a year later, and all those downloaded games he bought 95% of them were gone off his account.  yeah i'll never give X-box my money.

Message 28 of 39 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2729 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Smiley Tongue dude you know you'll get it,  my lasted me for 7 n half years bro.. lollll lucky me .. it just burned on me this year and when i send it back sony send me defective one.. for some reason they really messed up.. and finally i send it back and my system  should be here wednesday night...

im telling you.. PLAYSTATION® IS WHERE IS AT

BURNING THE PATH WILL ONLY LEAD TO MORE STORMS
Message 29 of 39 (187 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Apr 23, 2013
7 times though? thats incredible you'd think after the 3rd time you would have been left and went to another system BUT NO you stuck it out and hung in with Playstation through 7 fixes, takes dedication
Message 30 of 39 (186 Views)
0 Likes